McCullough v HUnt

McCullough or Hunt?

• Total voters
TWU_1 said:
Ning, whos that dude in your avatar..?

I seriously have no idea.

All I know is that he is Asian and has a moustache.

I think Macca but Hunt has to be on the bench to grow his game. Watch Macca impress over the next few weeks after watching Hunt recently trying to make the # 9 jersey his. MOTM certainty

I'm starting to lean towards Hunt at this stage.

He seems a little quicker in every department, and as long as his defense improves and he drops his error count per game, he'll be our number 9 for a while.

Mister Wright said:
Where is Hunt going to fit though? Wallace will be at the club for a while and Hunt has provided more opportunities than McCullough has at hooker. I love both, but I think Hunt is the option for the moment.

Peter Wallace can and has played first grade as both 1st and 2nd receiver.

Nashy said:
Macca will be the NRL's new Cameron Smith.

minus the bum chin and free renvoations on his house!! icon_thumbs_u

Rock, a big reason why people here rate Hunt is because in the 3 games he has played hooker with Macca being injured have been our best 3 games of the season by a mile.

They're both good tbh I like the rotation and think Henjak should keep it going.

The Rock said:
Macca is better. He also has more potential than Hunt in the Number 9 IMO. Macca, despite not being the perfect hooker yet, is still yards ahead of Ben Hunt in that position. I swear some people here have VERY short memories and it annoys me. Hunt has had like 3 games at hooker and we're already asking the question? Serious? Are we forgetting amount of quality performance Macca has put in over the past year?

Sure he's not perfect and does do some stupid things, but you can see it in him - he's quality. I've said this before, Hookers can take a while to mature and get to top form. Cameron Smith didn't take 1-2 years. Either did Nathan Friend, Michael Ennis, Robbie Farah and Matt Ballin did they? Name me one hooker that has REALLY kicked off in the first 2 years?

Macca has show HEAPS of potential. He's showed as much potential in his first year of footy as Cameron Smith, Matt Ballin, Michael Ennis, and the rest of the top notch hookers in our game.

Stick with him. Don't lose him.

I agree with you 100%.

I agree that McCullough is a gun and has been an excellent performer. His start to the 2009 season was sensational. I just think Ben Hunt has great vision and that could eventually promote him ahead of McCullough. Love having both in the team tbh.

For 2010, a job share arrangement with McCullough and Hunt is necessary.
Possibly again in 2011.

But when the great man finally retires, Hunt in 7, Wallace in 6 is a must.

Yeah, in the long term Macca is our hooker. Right now, interchanging with Hunt is good for both of them so very happy to see that continue until they are ready to make a position their own.

I think that this thread really shows that most of us here have got alot more confidence in young Ben Hunt now than what we did a couple of months ago..

Coxy said:
For 2010, a job share arrangement with McCullough and Hunt is necessary.
Possibly again in 2011.

But when the great man finally retires, Hunt in 7, Wallace in 6 is a must.
I'd think we go with Wallace and Norman for 7 and 6, and I'd probably agree, although if Hunt keeps improving the way he has, it will be hard to look past him.

The Rock said:
Thanks for proving my point. That's tunnel vision.

With Macca there, we would have been just as good. What about the 3 games Ben Hunt played prior to those ones we won? He was terrible.
But what it also shows, is that he has been very good at hooker and can definitely do the job, there's not much between them currently and sharing the role is the way to go.

Long term definitely Macca, short term a mix between the two is the way to go. Hunt will move the halves if he keeps up form once Locky retires anyway so Macca will get the gig full time soon enough.

It might just be me but i think McCollough is a good impact player, I'd like to see Hunt start against Manly and at the 50th minute mark bring McCollough on, Manly had a hard game against Cowboys and their big fowards could struggle with McCollough's dummy half running. I dont think Hunt needs to much improvement in defence. Correct me if im wrong but didnt Hunt make the second most tackles for the Broncos against the Storm?

No dobut Hunt and McCollough are both very good players though. Tough decision for Ivan when we get the likes of Hodges, Kenny and Anderson back.

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • Maddy
  • Santa
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Painin the Haas
  • thenry
  • Bish
  • Skathen
  • Fozz
  • Waynesaurus
  • Broncosgirl
  • Redux
  • Spooky1013
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Manofoneway
  • Behind enemy lines
  • KateBroncos1812
  • broncsgoat
  • Browny
  • mrslong
... and 57 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.