McCullough v HUnt

McCullough or Hunt?

• Total voters
Macca. I don't think people realise how incredible some of his feats have been the last 2 years. For a 19 year old to play 80 mostly quality minutes at hooker in the top grade is near unheard of. He is so far ahead of his hooking peers it's ridiculous.

Macca is the long term solution, Hunt is the stop gap.

TBH the fact that people are even debating this shows how many have NFI

Macca, there are parts that he can improve but in terms of all round talent at #9 he has it over Hunt.

I just hope Macca improves his speed of service. At times it's horribly slow.

I think you'll find a big improvement over the next few years. A quality ground pass can take a while to develop. Some of the halfbacks in the super 14 even still have problems.

The fact he is only new to the position and has also been carrying a pec injury this year wouldn't help.

Funny way of thinking here on BHQ. A bloke is going very well, gets injured, his replacement has 2 or 3 good games, and all of a sudden the original bloke is crap and should be replaced.

Frankly I've been underwhelmed with Macca all season, and at times last season too. Sure, he's young, he definitely has potential, but the fact he's got Hunt doing a stellar job in the same position biting at his heels can only be good for his motivation.

Agreed. The fact our backrow can play 80 gives us the freedom to have one of them on the bench. I'm quite happy to see this continue for the time being, my only worry is that it could stunt Macca's development a little. Either way, will be interesting where these 2 and Glenn fit in when Hodges comes back.

m1c said:
Agreed. The fact our backrow can play 80 gives us the freedom to have one of them on the bench. I'm quite happy to see this continue for the time being, my only worry is that it could stunt Macca's development a little. Either way, will be interesting where these 2 and Glenn fit in when Hodges comes back.

Nah I think it can only help Macca to be honest. Sure, he won't play 80 minutes for a while, but when he has played 80 he's looked more than a little tired near the end, particularly in defence.

He is still young.

m1c said:
TBH the fact that people are even debating this shows how many have NFI

Why do you post here then? If most people have NFI, you're probably wasting your time.

IMO, McCullough is clearly our long term solution at hooker, but what we're doing now with Hunt seems to be working. He's brought a bit of stability to the side, so we may as well keep on using him at hooker.

Yeah Hunt is very good to have around the place to fill in and I would not want to see him released.

gUt said:
I wonder if Hunt could be developed into a Berrigan.

I couldn't see Hunt playing in the centres... Could you??

Why not? And anyway I mean more as a backline/hooker/lock utility.

m1c said:
size, speed? Or rather, lack thereof.

Hunt's not slow. I don't know how he compares with Berrigan though, who was very nippy, especially over the first 20-30m.

Size, well he's about the same height/weight as Berrigan.

So he's fast and big enough to play in the centres and the backrow?

m1c said:
So he's fast and big enough to play in the centres and the backrow?

LOL, no, just saying if Berrigan could do it there's no physical reason why Hunt couldn't.

Mentality is a whole different issue. I don't know of many players as tenacious and fearless as Berrigan.

Bucking Beads said:
I think having both in the team is best for the team at the moment, neither player is really up tp 80 mins of qaulity football.

Tend to agree, seems to be working fairly well.

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • achievedrap
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Bish
  • Foordy
  • Dazza 92
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Bucking Beads
  • Xzei
  • Fatboy
  • FACTHUNT
  • Kev_Guz
  • Tim K
  • Broncorob
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Rambstien
  • Old Mate
  • Financeguy
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.