McCullough v HUnt

McCullough or Hunt?

• Total voters
Hard for Hunt to develop into a hooker who play 80 mins when he barely gets 30 mins now.

audragon said:
I think the receipe is good for us atm. When Hunt comes in fresh, he immediatily puts the tiring oponent's defense on the back foot. That was very clear to me on tonight's game, with Hunt filling the impact player role perfectly.
Macca is desperately slow in movement and decision making, and Hunt makes him look even slower... If Hunt was able to get his defense right, he should become our 80 mins hooker IMO.

I am almost 100% sure that Hunt played the whole 80mins against the Storm. I think he made 35+ tackles that game aswell so i dont see his defence as a problem at all. Tough decision if one of them has to be dropped when Hodges comes back. If Hunt continues the way he is playing i reckon he should get the nod over McCollough!!!!!!!!

Bucking Beads said:
Hard for Hunt to develop into a hooker who play 80 mins when he barely gets 30 mins now.
I don't think he's ready for it yet, his defense is not good enough atm. Besides, as I said before, he's doing a very good job from the bench!

audragon said:
Bucking Beads said:
I don't think he's ready for it yet, his defense is not good enough atm. Besides, as I said before, he's doing a very good job from the bench!

I am not saying he is ready for 80 mins either I just think he needs more time than Macca is getting IMO

Bucking Beads said:
audragon said:
[quote="Bucking Beads":12h9z7ph]Hard for Hunt to develop into a hooker who play 80 mins when he barely gets 30 mins now.

I am not saying he is ready for 80 mins either I just think he needs more time than Macca is getting IMO[/quote:12h9z7ph]

Like i said before i am pretty sure he played 80mins against Melbourne and made 35+ tackles. His defence isnt BAD. Probally not as good as McCollough's but he is a lot better in attack then McCollough atm.

Well one of them has to go when Hodges(if) is back so might as well give Hunt more time now to get him ready for 80 minutes.

For now Macca should play the first 10-15 minutes of each half and Hunt should play the last 25-30 minutes of each half.

broncospwn said:
Well one of them has to go when Hodges(if) is back so might as well give Hunt more time now to get him ready for 80 minutes.

For now Macca should play the first 10-15 minutes of each half and Hunt should play the last 25-30 minutes of each half.

Thank you. Finally somebody who agree's with me that when Hodges comes back one of them has to go!!! Hunt needs to be given more time to see how he haddles it!!

Bucking Beads said:
audragon said:
[quote="Bucking Beads":1gt0su63]Hard for Hunt to develop into a hooker who play 80 mins when he barely gets 30 mins now.

I am not saying he is ready for 80 mins either I just think he needs more time than Macca is getting IMO[/quote:1gt0su63]
He probably could be brought in the first half also, around the 25 to 30 minute mark.
I used to be on the Macca wagon, but I've jumped over to Hunt, because I see more potential in him in the future.

Donny said:
broncospwn said:

Thank you. Finally somebody who agree's with me that when Hodges comes back one of them has to go!!! Hunt needs to be given more time to see how he haddles it!!

WTF? I agreed with you! No surprise you didn't read that!

audragon: Hunt can handle the defence.Fact is he's the best form hooker at the club now.

But of course, BHQ will say Macca deserves it because he was good last year. Meh.

Coxy said:
Donny said:
broncospwn said:

audragon: Hunt can handle the defence.Fact is he's the best form hooker at the club now.

But of course, BHQ will say Macca deserves it because he was good last year. Meh.

Lol yer i know you agreed with me coxy. I remember you said Hunt would probally be the unlucky one and miss out and Glen would be on the bench. I should of said finally somebody agree's with me and coxy [icon_wink

Coxy said:
Donny said:
broncospwn said:

You might be right Coxy, but I'm still to be convinced he can do the job for 80 mins. He comes in fresh and faces a tiring forward pack, making his job easier.
Having said that, Macca has to lift his game, the pressure Wallace and Locky were under most of the time, were caused by his crappy service!

I thought Hunt would be the one to miss out but i think Hunt should play hooker now and McCollough should either be dropped to Q Cup for a week or to the bench to get some confidence. He can handle the 80mins i reckon. His defence is solid and his attack is very good!

Donny said:
Coxy said:
Donny said:
broncospwn said:

Lol yer i know you agreed with me coxy. I remember you said Hunt would probally be the unlucky one and miss out and Glen would be on the bench. I should of said finally somebody agree's with me and coxy [icon_wink
Hey, I said that first. Coxy then clarified my post to you! [icon_razz1

Hunt definitely overshadowed McCullough tonight. McCullough was very ordinary.

Macca is fading every game I see him play. Not sure what is happening, but his game is not what it should be. Hunt seems to be looking better and better. See what happens I guess.

I think we need McCullough there because there is no way Hunt can play 80 minutes with that defensive load, Macca is worth his weight in tackles and the longer he plays the role the better he will get at it. I like the idea of injecting Hunt earlier though he came on way too late tonight and probably should have came out 25-30 minutes in rather than in the second half.

Some of you are just making an assumption Hodges will be back this year.

But back on topic - no coincidence how many more points we score with Hunt on the field and Mac on the bench.

Active Now

• Adammacca
  • something
  • Bucking Beads
  • Behind enemy lines
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Jazza
  • BroncosAlways
  • broncotville
  • Fozz
  • kiwibronco
  • phoenix
  • Cavalo
  • kat00
  • rj9
  • Battler
  • MrTickyMcG
  • eggstar10
  • Johnny92
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Wolfie
... and 35 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.