Melbourne Storm sold for 1 dollar...

A

Aeetee

State of Origin Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Storm sale to trigger huge shake-up and independence day draws closer
By Phil Rothfield
November 29, 2009

The game of rugby league is on the verge of being handed back to the people with the long-awaited independent commission just weeks away from becoming a reality.

In the most stunning administration shake-up since Super League, News Ltd and the Australian Rugby League are putting the finishing touches to an agreement that will see independence day arrive before the March kick-off of the 2010 season.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,,26 ... 66,00.html

Wow just wow.... 2 more teams in the next 3 years huh... wonder where they are thinking.... me thinks this ride is about to get interesting.

Oh great. We're going to get 2 more mediocre teams.

If they said "2 Sydney teams to go in the next 3 seasons"...GREAT!

Well if the Bears are one of the teams they'll at least be sorted, but I feel that if any other team is forced to pull together at such short notice they'll be in a world of trouble.

Just another step closer to foxtel charging a premium to watch games. I wouldn't guess at a time frame but you can be sure those with fox will be paying a seperate subscription for the NRL channel.

Dexter said:
Just another step closer to foxtel charging a premium to watch games. I wouldn't guess at a time frame but you can be sure those with fox will be paying a seperate subscription for the NRL channel.

I severely doubt that will happen mate.

yeah no need to throw your arms up. It says in that article divided between 2 Commercial Networks AND Foxtel. That could only mean more games on FTA. or maybe on a friday night 1 game on 7 and 1 on 9.

I'm dissapointed they are looking at the central coast. Might be nice for the area, but it will put a lot of pressure on an already overcrowded market given most in the area already support a team in the NRL as it is.

Perth and Logan would have been my pick, with a Sydney team relocating to the CC.

I pray for the day there is an NRL channel.

Hmm... perhaps to keep the "I don't wanna pay for sport" people happy, NRL HD channel would be pretty rad.

ningnangnong said:
Dexter said:

I severely doubt that will happen mate.

Yeah, like pay TV would be add free, and electricty would get cheaper when privatised. Big business do and say whatever they want to get a foot in the door then slowly change things to squeeze the dollars out.

if pay TV was free we would be paying $500 a month for the channels we have. If you dont like it you dont pay for it.

Local paper had talks of a Stadium being built in Logan so could be the one. I hope its Sunshine Coast thou. we all saw what happened with the Crushers.

We need to expand beyond the hubs we have now. Perth, Darwin, PNG, NZ, Central QLD.

Throw a shitload of cash at PNG and give them a go. Perth love sport, get them. Darwin has nothing. Beat the AFL to the market.

I'm not a fan of Colin Love as a human being.

Scumbag.

Perth and Darwin would be great choices. There's a lot of money in WA to support a team, and plenty of displaced rugby league fans over there as well.

We really need a second Tier comp take 4/5 Qld cup teams 4/5 NSW teams add a perth,darwin,adelaide

PNG and Perth as new teams for mine, and relocate 3 Sydney teams, one to Darwin, one to Adelaide, one to Central Coast. If they are serious about taking on the AFL they NEED to make it a truely national competition

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Mustafur
  • Stix
  • Galah
  • Volvo Driver
  • Bucking Beads
  • MrTickyMcG
  • ostin86
  • GCBRONCO
  • Painin the Haas
  • broncs30
  • Sproj
  • Harry Sack
  • IceWorks
  • bert_lifts
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.