OFFICIAL Michael Maguire Appointed Head Coach

Should we be handing out participation awards now as well....?? FMD...... 🙄

Exactly....... today's player is very privileged to be able to do what they do for a living.
They're gen Zders mate, you need to move with the times.

The reward is that you haven't let your teammates down by turning up ready to rip in with them.

As @Galah mentioned the hard as **** teams are usually the ones where the whole team is punished if one person let's them down. It creates a culture to be there for your mate.

It's what the storm do... there was something recently about the army camps they do for all the newcomers where on day 2 they force you to stay awake for 24hr straight and keep watch.

Anyone that falls asleep is required to watch all the teammates that didn't fall asleep do extras as punishment.

You sure as shit don't want to be one of the ones that let's everyone down... and that mentality carries through to gameday where you're pushing yourself to keep doing the 1%'ers to not let anyone down.
Only 24hrs? We do 72hrs….the storm are soft, bunch of pansies.

😬

They're gen Zders mate, you need to move with the times.

angry clint eastwood GIF

So why do you think Kev got sacked?

We didn't have a good season and the coach usually takes the fall when expectations are not met.

To say he fluked his way to a Grand Final, it's a ridiculous thing to suggest, you don't just fluke it. There are too many things that have to go your way to make it to a Grand Final, fluking it isn't possible.

We didn't have a good season and the coach usually takes the fall when expectations are not met.

To say he fluked his way to a Grand Final, it's a ridiculous thing to suggest, you don't just fluke it. There are too many things that have to go your way to make it to a Grand Final, fluking it isn't possible.
Considering its a 1 in 8.125 chance flukes are entirely plausible. Not arguing about last season but flukes are entirely possible. Not ridiculous at all.

It's also discrediting everything he did, which I think is the more important angle for a select few on here.
I put my hand up as one that wanted him gone. But I never discredited everything he did because I didn’t know what he did and the problem being nor did he. Otherwise he would have done it again this year. He got the sack because of it, so there is many more than a select few that understood.

Considering its a 1 in 8.125 chance flukes are entirely plausible. Not arguing about last season but flukes are entirely possible. Not ridiculous at all.
Then why isn't every team at $8.10 to win the premiership. You cannot fluke making a GF.

You can have a lot of help with good players and assistants. It's no fluke.

After the Siebold sacking, I can't remember this amount of dribbling about how great he was.

The players don't want to play for Kevin. It's just so simple. They told everyone they don't. Why is it so hard for his 4 fans on this site to understand?

Beyond weird! 4 diehard Kev sword swallowers shouting at clouds. He's dead FTS. The Broncos play on. Deal with it.

You inadvertently discredited everything he did right there.
With all due respect I can’t really discredit something I don’t know about, inadvertently or otherwise, or at least I don’t think I can.

The fact we slipped from 2nd to 12th in a season is only fair to say he didn’t know either.

There are also a select few on here that believe Kevin Walters coached us into a grand final by his own volition. Where as clearly an anomaly occurred being produced by a culmination of many factors that Kevin and his helpers were unable to reproduce this season. However the buck stops with the head coach. If that’s discrediting so be it.

Rightly or wrongly, Kevin Walters has been replaced and Michael McGuire is now our new coach. I wish him and our team good luck and all the best for next year and the future.

Accept it and move on.

Yeah , you need a good team of coaches .
Maybe the board saw the writing on the wall with Briers and Cartwright leaving and decided it was time for a new good team .

Okay Gordie.

Active Now

• Stix
  • Broncorob
  • jarro65
  • Fozz
  • Harry Sack
  • bert_lifts
  • Footy Fanatic
  • phoenix
  • bb_gun
  • Santa
  • GCBRONCO
  • FACTHUNT
  • Redux
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.