OFFICIAL Michael Maguire Appointed Head Coach

Story in the Daily Tele tonight about Madge trying to reach out to Tallis and be friendly when they bumped into each other on Grand Final day. Baldy head completely cold shouldered Madge apparently.

"Tallis was walking back from a Bundaberg Rum promo when he ran into Maguire and his wife Joelle, prompting the unscheduled encounter. Tallis has confirmed the interaction.

“He said, ‘G’day mate,’ and shook my hand and he said, ‘We should catch up for a coffee’,” Tallis said.

“I told him, ‘I don’t drink coffee’. Before apparently walking off.

What an absolute, sad, bitter muppet Tallis is. A grown man behaving like that. Got a real big ol' chip on his shoulder for sure.

Story in the Daily Tele tonight about Madge trying to reach out to Tallis and be friendly when they bumped into each other on Grand Final day. Baldy head completely cold shouldered Madge apparently.

"Tallis was walking back from a Bundaberg Rum promo when he ran into Maguire and his wife Joelle, prompting the unscheduled encounter. Tallis has confirmed the interaction.

“He said, ‘G’day mate,’ and shook my hand and he said, ‘We should catch up for a coffee’,” Tallis said.

What an absolute, sad, bitter muppet Tallis is. A grown man behaving like that. Got a real big ol' chip on his shoulder for sure.

Tallis is still bitter that when Madge took over as coach, he told Tallis he wasn't needed as Forwards Coach.

“I don’t need to be friends with any coach. I never caught up with Kevvie, I don’t catch up with Des (Hasler) and I never caught up with Justin Holbrook. What I say is just my opinion. “It’s not an opinion on behalf of the Broncos old boys. No-one tells me what to say.

“I’m paid to give my opinion and when I’m asked I am just going to give my honest thoughts.”

Wait did he say that he never interacted with Kevie when he was coaching or afterwards? It's easy to take the high ground if your only doing it to be paid to give your "opinion".

“I don’t need to be friends with any coach. I never caught up with Kevvie, I don’t catch up with Des (Hasler) and I never caught up with Justin Holbrook. What I say is just my opinion. “It’s not an opinion on behalf of the Broncos old boys. No-one tells me what to say.

“I’m paid to give my opinion and when I’m asked I am just going to give my honest thoughts.”
Honestly what a childish way to act.

Even if you don’t want to ‘catch up’ you can still be polite about it like a grown up.

Just because you don’t want to be friends, doesn’t automatically mean you have to be a C U Next Tuesday instead.

I can only imagine he meant he doesn't answer calls to become an assistant coach/positional mentor. He says he knocked Kevvie back a few times on that front. I have no idea what value he adds at the Titans but it's not on the field there either.

As for literally not speaking to them, that's not even remotely credible.

I can only imagine he meant he doesn't answer calls to become an assistant coach/positional mentor. He says he knocked Kevvie back a few times on that front. I have no idea what value he adds at the Titans but it's not on the field there either.

As for literally not speaking to them, that's not even remotely credible.
At this point I'm sure it's just to keep the wife happy

At this point I'm sure it's just to keep the wife happy
I think his overarching point is he's not pretending to represent the old boys or The Old Boys, if you like. He's employed by various media to come up with strong opinions, and argue them from purely his own perspective.

His best selling opinion right now is the Broncos were wrong to replace his mate Kevvie with Madge. His argument is pretty sound if you reduce it to positions on the ladder. Whether you agree or not, it's a talking point. And that's his job.

The real reason he snubbed Madge is he doesn't want to be sweet talked down off the roof and lose his momentum.

I think his overarching point is he's not pretending to represent the old boys or The Old Boys, if you like. He's employed by various media to come up with strong opinions, and argue them from purely his own perspective.

His best selling opinion right now is the Broncos were wrong to replace his mate Kevvie with Madge. His argument is pretty sound if you reduce it to positions on the ladder. Whether you agree or not, it's a talking point. And that's his job.

The real reason he snubbed Madge is he doesn't want to be sweet talked down off the roof and lose his momentum.
I'm not so much against his argument of how walters was treated ect go for gold if that's what he thinks but to spout stuff like he has never caught up with Kevin to chat as a coach is a outright lie lol walters asked him to come in and talk to the playing group after the spoon,he can be a salty prick just be a honest salty prick lol

Why tell the media. He is just trying to cause shit.

I'm not so much against his argument of how walters was treated ect go for gold if that's what he thinks but to spout stuff like he has never caught up with Kevin to chat as a coach is a outright lie lol walters asked him to come in and talk to the playing group after the spoon,he can be a salty prick just be a honest salty prick lol
It was certainly a strange way to put it. He talks in mysterious ways.

Tallis doesn't have an original idea in his head. He has to stay relevant to keep his media employment going so he picks fights.

Why tell the media. He is just trying to cause shit.
He wasn't "telling the media." He is the media. His job in the media is to stir up shit.

That wasn't an interview with the DT, it was quoted from his day job at Triple M.

He wasn't "telling the media." He is the media. His job in the media is to stir up shit.

That wasn't an interview with the DT, it was quoted from his day job at Triple M.

So Triple M hire the dregs. Tallis & Margaux Parker

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • Morepudding
  • Broncorob
  • ostin86
  • lynx000
  • MaroubraBroncos
  • Redfern_1980
  • mitch222
  • Sproj
  • Volvo Driver
  • whykickamoocow
  • Bucking Beads
  • Xzei
  • Redux
  • broncos4life
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • matthewransom34@ic
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.