OFFICIAL Michael Maguire Appointed Head Coach

Madge says all the right thing tbh. It’s all about his methods working with this playing group and this playing group actually giving a ****.

I’m still very sad about Alfie walking away. He’s the heart and soul of the club.
Mate, I wouldn't worry about Madge's "methods working with this playing group" and the "playing group not actually giving a shit". They may have been able to get away with that sort of attitude with Kev, but I'll tell you now, Madge will not stand for it. Any player not willing to put in will be weeded out quick smart. Whether that be pre-season or as the season progresses.

That is actually a very good thing for your team. Madge will have everybody on the same page before too long. If they want to improve as a player, and have that opportunity for success, it is in their best interests to listen and learn from him. Those that choose not to, can piss right off and you don't want these types anyway.

Mate, I wouldn't worry about Madge's "methods working with this playing group" and the "playing group not actually giving a shit". They may have been able to get away with that sort of attitude with Kev, but I'll tell you now, Madge will not stand for it. Any player not willing to put in will be weeded out quick smart. Whether that be pre-season or as the season progresses.

That is actually a very good thing for your team. Madge will have everybody on the same page before too long. If they want to improve as a player, and have that opportunity for success, it is in their best interests to listen and learn from him. Those that choose not to, can piss right off and you don't want these types anyway.
do you have previous evidence of Madge doing this? He acts tough but he played some absolute trash players for years for the tigers when they should’ve been dropped.

Went from 9th to 16th gradually in his time at the tigers and one of his biggest issues was not dropping players…

I don’t mind Madge, but his time at the tigers worries me. Yeah we have a different squad but he still took a club to a place so bad that they got 2 more wooden spoons after he left…

Winning a premiership is great to have on your resume but the 10 years of failure after it are pretty concerning.

There are even videos out there with Mam letting walshy’s daughter paint his nails, and also select his colour at the salon.

The media should be celebrating this instead of instilling toxic masculinity. Garbage journalism as usual
The dumbf**k Dean Ritchie can only report such garbage unfortunately. Wonder how the heck he gets paid for the utter rubbish & amateurish stuff he spews. A1 clown.

There are even videos out there with Mam letting walshy’s daughter paint his nails, and also select his colour at the salon.

The media should be celebrating this instead of instilling toxic masculinity. Garbage journalism as usual
Toxic masculinity is the worst. We need to carry on like women.

The dumbf**k Dean Ritchie can only report such garbage unfortunately. Wonder how the heck he gets paid for the utter rubbish & amateurish stuff he spews. A1 clown.
He blocked me on twitter because I asked him if he actually called himself 'BulldogRitchie' because he has an uncanny resemblance with an obviously inbred English bulldog

Toxic masculinity is the worst. We need to carry on like women.
You totally missed the point. Enjoying time with your daughter and her interests is not acting like like a woman, that's being a supportive dad. Mam getting involved at Leila's request is just him being a fun and supportive male figure.

Fundamentally, if it's not harming anyone, people should be able to do what the **** they like, without internet plebs judging them because they aren't satisfying the perceived normality from the stone age that their old, fat, and ugly arse demands.

do you have previous evidence of Madge doing this? He acts tough but he played some absolute trash players for years for the tigers when they should’ve been dropped.

Went from 9th to 16th gradually in his time at the tigers and one of his biggest issues was not dropping players…

I don’t mind Madge, but his time at the tigers worries me. Yeah we have a different squad but he still took a club to a place so bad that they got 2 more wooden spoons after he left…

Winning a premiership is great to have on your resume but the 10 years of failure after it are pretty concerning.

Have a look at the guy who failed at the Tigers immediately before Madge. 😉

Gordie is going nuclear on 360. This is wonderful viewing
My God he's going to be painful next year - It's gonna be like when Siebs was in charge
"and now let's cross to Broncos Legend (and noted hater) Gorden Tallis" 🤣🤣🤣

Have a look at the guy who failed at the Tigers immediately before Madge. 😉

It’s hard to drop everyone when there are no good backups

His first year at the tigers he slightly improved the team over what Ivan achieved the year before... but from there were the covid years, so if your squad wasnt setup for a new META that appeared overnight you were fucked... just like Broncos were when we picked up the spoon in 2020.

The only criticism I would have on his time in the covid years was not recognizing the new META quick enough... but was that him or was that the squad available to him.

Early six again era was all about having a big long kicker to control field position, because yardage penalties were gone... Cleary, Moses, Reynolds, Cherry, etc. were the dominant forces who could flip the field position from deep inside their own half.

Storm and rorters had success without a long kicker by creating momentum in the ruck and just rolling through there play after play. Get a roll on and you were making 60m sets... get a six again and the defence was completely fucked. But both teams have been building that play style for years leading up to that point.

If you didnt have momentum... you were done... there was no way to flip it... teams were conceding tries back to back to back... there still really isnt a way to flip it... just look at possession and field position when having to play Panthers. It's pretty much 60% possession against and 30% field position.

Tigers had Brooks as the primary kicker who is a pop gun kicker... no chance of controlling field position with him as primary half.

I would say tigers appointing the Shenius is what has completely fucked them... he is dinosaur old regarding tactics and had no idea during covid.

The question will be if Madge has learned since covid and I would say he has, given how dominant NSW were under him... and the META being pretty obvious to all now.

Storm CEO doesn't see F.P coming to broncos. Says he will be very surprised if this happens.

Him saying “I’m a titan” like there is some sort of pride in that is a hilarious
In a parallel universe, sometime in the future when Madge has won a premiership with the Broncos, they are gonna replay that clip on NRL360 while Tallis sits there and says "But, but, I'll always be a Bronco"

It only gives more weight to what James Hooper and others have been saying. The front office at our club is a mess so lets hope Maguire can survive their dysfunction and win something.
Jesus - if you're now looking to anything Hooper has said as guidance we're all fu%#$ed!!!

Yep, there's an unbiased perspective. But even so, Ponissi will get a nice little brown paper bag to make him stay anyway.
No need for brown paper bags - shares in a betting company will do

Active Now

• Socnorb
  • mitch222
  • BRC088
  • Sproj
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Mr Fourex
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • phoenix
  • bb_gun
  • Wild Horse
  • azza.79
  • Maroon4life
  • Wolfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.