NEWS Michael Maguire to coach Broncos

Top 6 and 2nd week of the finals for me. That's the min.

I also want to be able to look at the team and go - okay, there's a clear identity here in what we're trying to do and I want to see consistency from anyone apart from Carrigan and Haas (they are already super consistent).

I think we have the makings of a good side. It's too early to say if we're contenders or not - need to see how the Panthers go next year after losing Luai and JFH.

Exactly this. Just prove they're going in the right direction

News is that we may lose Alfie over this also - you know what... I actually think that might be a good thing.

Something's been wrong at this club for nearly 20 years, shits gotta change.

Hated it at first basically because I wanted the fairytale of Kevvie leading the Broncos to a premiership.
But if Madge can get Payne playing like 2024 origin Payne, Riki and Piakura playing like Angus Critchon man possessed, someone running off the back fence like Spencer lenui and the same intructions he gave Mitch Moses in origin.. I'm all for it.

Regardless of what we think of our roster, the only way we will be a top 8 side is if he makes us one. Clearly we currently not anywhere near one. Over to you Michael.

Legit feels like the twilight zone.

Broncos hire NSW origin coach, fans rejoice.

Wrf is happening?

Top 8 will be a pass mark, as it is for most of the 17 club coaches.

What will be more important though is how we play. We will certainly lose our fair share of games but as a fan to feel we are having a dig and making teams beat us rather than letting them will go a long way regardless of the finish to the 2025 season.

A finals win of some sort in the first 2 years is probably a realistic minimum goal for Madge.

I know there is concern cause of how his tigers tenure was, but holy ****, he went undefeated every game he coached against us in his 4 years there
2019 - tigers 22-16
2020 - tigers 48-0
2021 - tigers 42 - 24 ( against Walters )
2022 - tigers 32 - 18 (against Walters)

Legit feels like the twilight zone.

Broncos hire NSW origin coach, fans rejoice.

Wrf is happening?
People are acting like he’s some legendary vertreten NSW coach, when he coached one series, it’s not that much of a collision with broncos

The NSWRL has agreed to release State of Origin coach Michael Maguire from the final year of his contract following a board meeting on Monday morning.

NSWRL directors held a meeting on Monday morning after the Origin-winning coach informed them of his intention to take the Brisbane Broncos job vacated by Kevin Walters.

The Broncos are close to announcing a multi-year deal with Maguire to take over from Walters, but have given the coach time to finalise his exit from the NSWRL, which is now preparing the release paperwork to formally signal the end of his brief but successful stint as Blues coach.

Maguire submitted a presentation to the NSWRL board on Friday but did not mention the Broncos job. He has since informed NSWRL bosses of his desire to relocate to Queensland and lead the Broncos revolution.

Congratulations to Micky Magoo

Board signed off on a three year deal today. Ballin, Barrett and Te’o are his staff.
Do you think madge some input in his assistants? or are we starting on the back foot with him not being able to choose his own staff

Active Now

• Astro
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Johnny92
  • Wild Horse
  • I bleed Maroon
  • broncos4life
  • Redfern_1980
  • Xzei
  • Manofoneway
  • Scdeac
  • Battler
  • simplythebest
  • Scorchie
  • Spoon
  • jd87
  • Financeguy
  • Shane Tronc
  • Sproj
  • bb_gun
... and 36 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.