"Milf will be like Locky" - Bennett

Interesting that you make that observation because both Locky and Wally were to a fair extent manufactured 5/8's much like we are trying to do with Milf. I would add one other elite 5/8, Bob Fulton, but that still only makes 3 in almost 50 years.

I'll add some more - Fitler and Daley (both started as centres).....

Cough cough um one more Ben ikin Cough centre to 5/8 gave me a sroke every time he played

Are people still worried about his speed?

I think his acceleration off the mark is probably half a pace less than what it was at the Raiders. A few times he has made a half break only to be denied just as he is about to break into the backfield. I think perhaps at the Raiders he was able to convert those half chances into linebreaks.

Are people still worried about his speed?

His looked a lot slower at the Auckland Nines, when many of the comments first surfaced, but maybe that was just because of fatigue from a heavy pre-season workload.

his pace of the mark looks slightly down, but get him in open space, and he still seems to have a pair of legs on him

I think his acceleration off the mark is probably half a pace less than what it was at the Raiders. A few times he has made a half break only to be denied just as he is about to break into the backfield. I think perhaps at the Raiders he was able to convert those half chances into linebreaks.

I think opposition defences this year are committed to giving him half a yard less to work in .......

I think opposition defences this year are committed to giving him half a yard less to work in .......

It may well be that, or perhaps he's just not getting the same space to work with from five-eighth compared to the extra space from fullback. Either way, I do however maintain he's acceleration, which was especially noticeable in the nines, due to the increased weight, seems slightly down. He was looking incredibly chunky during the nines and I was having trouble telling him apart from Francis Molo at times haha.

It may well be that, or perhaps he's just not getting the same space to work with from five-eighth compared to the extra space from fullback. Either way, I do however maintain he's acceleration, which was especially noticeable in the nines, due to the increased weight, seems slightly down. He was looking incredibly chunky during the nines and I was having trouble telling him apart from Francis Molo at times haha.

Racist!

How is that racist? They're cousins so of course they'll have some resemblance, I just didn't anticipate the similarities coming in the form of their waist size.

Mate, it was a joke. If I'm actually having a go you will know

Wow all you guys seem to do is complain.. Not bad when the team is top of the table. Remember all the experts saying lockyer wouldnt make it as 5/8 and he should move back to fullback? And dont forget Milford is only 20. Give the kid a break

I like the cut of your jib bigO........:takdir:

If only. And we are leading the comp without showing anywhere near our best footy. Just think of what we could be when Milford finds his way

If only. And we are leading the comp without showing anywhere near our best footy. Just think of what we could be when Milford finds his way

... and Hunt ... and Hunt + Milford ... and Boyd + Hunt + Milford + Macca ( and Kodi)

(and Kahu and Copley just for starters, in both senses of the ambiguity)

giphy.gif

ANTHONY Milford has praised the judgment of the Broncos strength and conditioning staff in helping him retain his acceleration while adding muscle to his upper body.

While Ben Barba was scathing about a Broncos conditioning program, which he felt added too much bulk in his unhappy season in Brisbane, 176cm Milford has remained agile and fast in his first year.

The proof was his long-distance try to seal the Anzac Day win over Parramatta and how he kept running to the line late in Brisbane’s hectic 8-5 win over Penrith last Friday.

Milford credits Broncos strength and conditioning staffers Jeremy Hickmans and Alex Corvo for getting his pre-season weight training schedules right and he is growing in confidence after a mixed start to the season at a new club.

“I am the same weight as last year and I’m a little stronger than I used to be. I did lose some body fat,’’ said Milford, who is a key figure in Friday’s clash against North Queensland in Townsville.

“I never wanted to lose my speed and I didn’t want to add weight that jeopardised that. It’s the only weapon I have and I have to use it as much as I can and not lose it.

“I have 100 per cent faith in our strength and conditioners and I bought into what they wanted me to do.’’

Barba’s patchy performance for Cronulla, after a full pre-season with the Sharks, have reinforced that whatever ails the 2012 Dally M Medallist, it cannot all be sheeted home to Red Hill.

Milford will not stand opposite Cowboys halfback Johnathan Thurston in defence but both playmakers have a roaming brief from their coaches. Brisbane No.7 Ben Hunt and Cowboys five-eighth Michael Morgan play more strictly on one side of the field.

“Johnathan Thurston was (an idol when growing up) and he’s shown his class every time I’ve played against his sides,’’ Milford said.

“I like his show-and-gos. He will be out to have a big one before Origin against us.

“When they came here in Round 3 they hadn’t hit their stride (and lost 44-22), but they are one of the form teams in the competition and Thurston is a big part of that.’’

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...st-him-his-speed/story-e6frf3pc-1227355219557

Last edited:

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • Sproj
  • BroncsNBundy
  • ivanhungryjak
  • thenry
  • Aldo
  • winslow_wong
  • Wolfie
  • Tim K
  • Fatboy
  • Astro
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Allo
  • rj9
  • Browny
  • Griffo
  • mrslong
  • Dash
  • bert_lifts
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.