"Milf will be like Locky" - Bennett

Turned out as I predicted in the pre-season, he was bigger over in England and probably a tad bigger in Rounds 1-3, that was probably just excess weight from him bulking up, now that he's shed all the excess he's just as fast and far stronger in defence, well done Corvo m8.

This is probably what we wanted to do with Barba, he just kept on the extra weight and never got his speed back :/

Turned out as I predicted in the pre-season, he was bigger over in England and probably a tad bigger in Rounds 1-3, that was probably just excess weight from him bulking up, now that he's shed all the excess he's just as fast and far stronger in defence, well done Corvo m8.

This is probably what we wanted to do with Barba, he just kept on the extra weight and never got his speed back :/

Poor Corvo's still probably trying to figure out why his regime didn't work with Barba. I reckon Griffin was sneaking some extra protein into everyone's diet, and double the amount for Barba.

Poor Corvo's still probably trying to figure out why his regime didn't work with Barba. I reckon Griffin was sneaking some extra protein into everyone's diet, and double the amount for Barba.

More like Weight Gain 4000.

cartman-beefcake.png

I bet Corvo knew exactly why Barba put the weight on, its why he was tapped on the shoulder, its why he decided to leave instead of prove himself, its why he is playing like a hump still. Barba is not accountable for Barba. Milf is different and arguably had a bigger transition, barba was fullback last year until a round 9 or so swap into the halfs. The big difference between Milf and Barba is one comes to work and has professional attitude and the other just wants to be one of the epic bender crew. Milf has the ability to be remembered for a long time and Barba sad to say will be a distant memory in less then 5 years.

Now we are just past halfway how would everyone mark Milfs report card at 5/8. Has anyone changed their minds and now think he is transitioning well?, is the jury still out or would you still rather see him at FB?

I think he'll come good. I think he already is, kid's a superstar. I will admit I wasn't sure, and I'll gladly eat my words. Loving watching his confidence grow, and he'll be better again next year as well. Hard to disagree with a few commentators calling our halves pairing one of the best in the comp...loving it!! We've got our mojo back...

I'm going to have to assume that the kick for Oates was pre-planned. so I can't really credit Milford for his "vision", however the execution was awesome. That was really the last piece of the puzzle for me. We knew his running game would be good, and it's coming along well. His defence has exceeded my expectations, albeit a few glitches (eg, Morgan) when there have been multiple repeat sets. His long kicking has been satisfactory, with plenty of scope for improvement, and that Oates try has me convinced that he's going to capable of the short attacking kicks too.

I would rate him 6.5-7 out of 10.

Started badly, and has been on a mostly steady upward trajectory since.

The best thing about it is he can only get better, his passing/kicking/vision will improve the longer he plays the position.

He seems to be enjoying his football though and really seems to have bonded well with the team.

I have to say he has really impressed me with how quickly he has adapted to the 5/8th role. Every time he has the ball and decides to run it, you can see the opposition hitting the panic button. Every. Single. Time. It's glorious.

I can't wait to see where he's at next year.

I have to say he has really impressed me with how quickly he has adapted to the 5/8th role. Every time he has the ball and decides to run it, you can see the opposition hitting the panic button. Every. Single. Time. It's glorious.

I can't wait to see where he's at next year.

Yep, just watch the opposition when he hits the 'go' button and decides to run.

It's glorious indeed :takdir:

Milf weighs 7 kg heavier than Lockyer and is 2 cm shorter? Lolwut, maybe Milf could afford to drop a couple of kegs just to regain a bit more of that insane speed he had at Canberra.

So about 17 weeks ago I told everyone to wait until around 20 to see how milf was going at 5/8 and thought he was our next good 5/8.

Who is still on the "Milford isn't a 5/8" and "Put milf at FB" train??

I'm sorry mate but I disagree. Hoffman played all over through his junior days and actually played majority of his senior footy before the Broncs in the centres and fullback. Anyway let's revisit this topic in a month or two as I'm positive some attitudes will have changed.

As I said....

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.