NEWS Milford and Bird being shopped around

I don’t see Milford killing it at another club. Maybe playing better than he is now sure, kinda hard not to, but I’m not worried one bit about ending up regretting letting him go.
Same and at the end of the day, who cares if he rips it up for another club? He hasn't ripped it up for us in nearly 3 seasons, a change is good for both parties.

Funny that the Brisbane news paper has the one team towns player with the most votes.

The majority of people voting probably could t pick the rest of the players out of a lineup
And yet got it 100% right. No other club would pay more than minimum wage for Milford right now.

Last edited:
Same and at the end of the day, who cares if he rips it up for another club? He hasn't ripped it up for us in nearly 3 seasons, a change is good for both parties.
Paul Morgan medalist 2018.

The vitriol is being spat at the wrong person. This is solely on pies shoulders

He's easily in the bottom 3-4 five-eights in the NRL over consecutive seasons now and he is in the top echelon of earners. I do believe attitude and discipline is his problem, which is 90% of what makes a professional athlete.
He's easily the literal bottom. Paix is an upgrade.
[automerge]1595984550[/automerge]
Paul Morgan medalist 2018.

The vitriol is being spat at the wrong person. This is solely on pies shoulders
Not blaming Pies for him being useless. Blaming Pies for not dropping him.

Last edited:
Incredible when you think about it really... in 2015 Milford was 15 seconds away from leading us to a premiership and a Clive Churchill medal.
21 years old at that point and the Rugby League world at his feet. Fast forward 5 years and he has regressed to a slow and unimaginative playmaker who has an error riddled game and no energy. He's easily in the bottom 3-4 five-eights in the NRL over consecutive seasons now and he is in the top echelon of earners. I do believe attitude and discipline is his problem, which is 90% of what makes a professional athlete.
It will be sad to see him performing at another club, but there really is no other option. His position in the team is untenable.

Hes attitude and determination must be severely lacking.

Milf is one of those guys who finally achieves his big payday and clocks off.
I think other clubs will stump up 5 to 600 k and back themselves to get the best out of him.
Usually those guys with genuine talent all of a sudden have a reason to play to stick it up the club they left.
So the answer is right there, Seibs has to find a way to motivate him, that's his job.
I'm pretty sure our attack will improve this week at least with Darius back at 1 Dearden at 7 and Turps back as well. There will be some familiarity.

WB last 12-18 months in charge of Brisbane may indirectly be partly invovled in Milfs regression..

No, im not blaming Wayne...

But, you could tell that he went softer on the players in training, and results really did dip particularly during the first third of 2018 season.

I think its far to say Milf "brought 'into this new laid back style.....and has stayed there ever since...

Pies is playing dumb (with a head start):

"I have never had any discussions in and around that space so I am not sure where that has come from. Milf has taken up his option for next year and for me that was the end of it. There have been no discussions from myself or anyone internally that I have been a part of. As far as getting the best out of Milf he is a player with immense potential and I always feel as though he is unfairly criticised at times but I suppose that comes from being a marquee player at our club. I understand where that scrutiny comes from. I enjoy working with Milly."

McHunt

Last edited:
Pies is playing dumb (with a head start):

"I have never had any discussions in and around that space so I am not sure where that has come from. Milf has taken up his option for next year and for me that was the end of it. There have been no discussions from myself or anyone internally that I have been a part of. As far as getting the best out of Milf he is a player with immense potential and I always feel as though he is unfairly criticised at times but I suppose that comes from being a marquee player at our club. I understand where that scrutiny comes from. I enjoy working with Milly."

McHunt
I was reading between the lines and got excited he might be on the outer with the whole “Milf” part and then he threw in a “Milly” at the end.

To good to be true.

Incredible when you think about it really... in 2015 Milford was 15 seconds away from leading us to a premiership and a Clive Churchill medal.
21 years old at that point and the Rugby League world at his feet. Fast forward 5 years and he has regressed to a slow and unimaginative playmaker who has an error riddled game and no energy. He's easily in the bottom 3-4 five-eights in the NRL over consecutive seasons now and he is in the top echelon of earners. I do believe attitude and discipline is his problem, which is 90% of what makes a professional athlete.
It will be sad to see him performing at another club, but there really is no other option. His position in the team is untenable.
It's the mental aspect of losing the GF, look at the 2006 GF where the current Storm greats come from. They lost a heart breaker, but manned up and moved forward, It would be interesting to know how Bellamy talked to his players about the loss. If they were told that near, but have to get better, then growth and excitement builds knowing we got it next time. If there was finger pointing and blame on certain players, then this regression happens. Look at Ben Hunt after the 2015 GF........

I don't think we should be closing the door on milford, given time he could form a very strong combination with Dearden, but Dearden needs to own the team and Milford needs to take a hefty paycut if he wants to stay. In saying that, a change of scenery could be the best thing for Milford.

Mmmmm, you might be much closer to the truth than you realize. It won't be exactly what you're dreaming about but something is definitely up with that guy.
Could he be coming up to help petero kick start the second brisbane team by chance? I just can’t imagine smith would want to be associated with the broncos after he knocked us back previously. He’s too busy watching us suffer to want to help out.

Every time Seibold talks it reminds me of this:
zJqx7cY.gif

Imagine being Milford right now though, talk about mixed messages..

2015-17: Ok Milf just run the footy and play what's in front of you

2018: Ok Milf we need you to run the entire footy team and organise everything

2019: Ok Milf we need you to run the entire footy team but also get back to you running best, allow me to move you to Fullback to assist with regaining your running game

2020: Lol just kidding you're a Five-Eighth idiot, go back to running the team, but not too much, we're bringing in another half who wants to run the team, but still run it, because he's not very good, btw you're moving back to Fullback for a game to help you with your running game, keep running, but run the team as well, please.

Could he be coming up to help petero kick start the second brisbane team by chance? I just can’t imagine smith would want to be associated with the broncos after he knocked us back previously. He’s too busy watching us suffer to want to help out.
I wonder where other opportunities lay in SEQ? Mmmm. I'm sure he'll come home some day and like most of us feel, there's a few places where we'd like to live. Where's he been staying lately?

Active Now

• Battler
  • TimWhatley
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Bucking Beads
  • Brocko
  • Fatboy
  • MrMoore
  • Foordy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Broncorob
  • Santa
  • cento
  • The Don
  • Shane Tronc
  • Evander
  • theshed
  • bb_gun
  • Financeguy
  • Xzei
  • FACTHUNT
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.