NEWS Milford Discussion Thread

He was always going there and I wouldn’t be surprised if his halves partner ends up being No-Longer-Any-Cash Taylor.
Is Redcliffe still the feeder club for the Warriors this year? I don't see Ash starting too much for the Warriors maybe Milford plays this season in Qcup at the Dolphins along side Ash Taylor..

He will be cheap, get him on a 12 month deal and they really dont have a great deal to lose in all honesty.
Given the last few years at the broncos I don't believe this is true. Attitude is everything in the nrl, and attitude is infectious. 1 or 2 of these players in a good culture is fine, it gets overawed, but have too many of them or highly influence ones then all of a sudden that culture seems to turn toxic...

Is Redcliffe still the feeder club for the Warriors this year? I don't see Ash starting too much for the Warriors maybe Milford plays this season in Qcup at the Dolphins along side Ash Taylor..
He's in their top 30 now though. Maybe he'll end up staying at the warriors long term...

Given the last few years at the broncos I don't believe this is true. Attitude is everything in the nrl, and attitude is infectious. 1 or 2 of these players in a good culture is fine, it gets overawed, but have too many of them or highly influence ones then all of a sudden that culture seems to turn toxic...

If one player can wreck a culture its probably showing you haven't got things right in the first place. I think Milf on a one year deal, as long as its not big money is probably a risk worth taking with the players available for 2023. I wouldnt be wanting to hand him a longer contract than that.

If one player can wreck a culture its probably showing you haven't got things right in the first place. I think Milf on a one year deal, as long as its not big money is probably a risk worth taking with the players available for 2023. I wouldnt be wanting to hand him a longer contract than that.
That's true and kind of what I was insinuating with my comment. But Redcliffe, despite their qld cup history do not have an nrl culture yet.
When you start a new business and are building a culture you NEED buy in from everyone, you can't afford to carry 1 or 2 bad eggs who can sew doubt about the systems being put in place. Redcliffe should be looking at it the same way. Buy the 5/10 players with the right attitude over the 9/10 players with a poor attitude.

Yep Warriors moved there last week.

That's true and kind of what I was insinuating with my comment. But Redcliffe, despite their qld cup history do not have an nrl culture yet.
When you start a new business and are building a culture you NEED buy in from everyone, you can't afford to carry 1 or 2 bad eggs who can sew doubt about the systems being put in place. Redcliffe should be looking at it the same way. Buy the 5/10 players with the right attitude over the 9/10 players with a poor attitude.
Agree totally - and with Milford, he is a 5/10 player with a bad attitude, the worst of both worlds, so for me he is big risk. You'd take him on a small and short contract, if you couldn't get anyone else

Agree totally - and with Milford, he is a 5/10 player with a bad attitude, the worst of both worlds, so for me he is big risk. You'd take him on a small and short contract, if you couldn't get anyone else

In terms of his football, i dont actually buy that his attitude is bad from what i know. He treats football the same way as a lot of players, he treats it as a job and doesnt push himself and thats why he hasnt been as good as he should be. The best players have that extra drive in their locker he just doesnt have.

In terms of his football, i dont actually buy that his attitude is bad from what i know. He treats football the same way as a lot of players, he treats it as a job and doesnt push himself and thats why he hasnt been as good as he should be. The best players have that extra drive in their locker he just doesnt have.
You’d think he’d at least not smoke durries and be at 30% body fat. That’s a bad attitude.

I’m not sure what the real world job equivalent would be but something like being a hairdresser and not bothering learning any new styles as trends change, or rocking up at the work site hung over.

You’d think he’d at least not smoke durries and be at 30% body fat. That’s a bad attitude.

I’m not sure what the real world job equivalent would be but something like being a hairdresser and not bothering learning any new styles as trends change, or rocking up at the work site hung over.

I dunno, i reckon there are a hell of a lot of people who just rock up at their jobs, do what they have to do and go home. There probably isnt really a good real world job comparison. Probably like most jobs, the ones who do that little bit more move further up the ladder while the ones who just turn up stay where they are. Milf is clearly the latter. He's got no drive at all to be the best.

His smoking and his fondness for a certain soft drink isnt really a bad attitude problem as such ( although i can see why people think thats an attitude thing ). I think its not smart and he could be more professional. Again though, i think thats more with him having a lack of drive to be the best. Him just doing enough to get by isnt anywhere near good enough.

I dunno, i reckon there are a hell of a lot of people who just rock up at their jobs, do what they have to do and go home. There probably isnt really a good real world job comparison. Probably like most jobs, the ones who do that little bit more move further up the ladder while the ones who just turn up stay where they are. Milf is clearly the latter. He's got no drive at all to be the best.

His smoking and his fondness for a certain soft drink isnt really a bad attitude problem as such ( although i can see why people think thats an attitude thing ). I think its not smart and he could be more professional. Again though, i think thats more with him having a lack of drive to be the best. Him just doing enough to get by isnt anywhere near good enough.
Then you have lachlin maranta who seemed to work damn hard and went no where.

Then you have lachlin maranta who seemed to work damn hard and went no where.

Yep. And its all about the individual player. Milf rightly had more expected of him because of his ability and his contract. Your run of the mill players like Maranta dont have the expectation a Milford does.

I get what you’re saying but being fat and smoking as a pro athlete is barely the bare minimum.

I get what you’re saying but being fat and smoking as a pro athlete is barely the bare minimum.

There are heaps of footy players smoking tbh. I still wouldnt call Milf fat though. He's not in as good a shape as he could be although i havent seen him for a while so i couldnt say what he's like now. I reckon he needed to realise though that with a million dollar contract there were certain expectations and he didnt come close to them.

Wally smoked.....

I think a lot of you are underestimating Milford rather badly.....its fair enough too I guess, if you have had to follow the ups and downs of Anthony in recent and some not so recent times.

Time will tell.....

I think those last couple games he played, is just a glimpse of what we'll see when his playing career resumes.

I think WB had tied him to Redcliffe before the go ahead for the Dolphins even come out. Its why he sorted a 1 yr deal for him at the Rabbits to tie him over for a year. Unfortunately, Milford went and got pissed and did something stupid......fucking the deal.

Milf@thedolphins2023 ....fer sur.

Latest rumour from Paul Crawley has Milford going to the Knights pending the NRL giving him clearance. Knights are denying they've spoken to him or his manager, but multiple sources, etc.

Wally smoked.....

I think a lot of you are underestimating Milford rather badly.....its fair enough too I guess, if you have had to follow the ups and downs of Anthony in recent and some not so recent times.

Time will tell.....

I think those last couple games he played, is just a glimpse of what we'll see when his playing career resumes.

I think WB had tied him to Redcliffe before the go ahead for the Dolphins even come out. Its why he sorted a 1 yr deal for him at the Rabbits to tie him over for a year. Unfortunately, Milford went and got pissed and did something stupid......fucking the deal.

Milf@thedolphins2023 ....fer sur.
A motivated and fit Milford next to Reynolds would be truly incredible but who knows how that would’ve panned out. Wish he showed any glimpse of the form he did at the end of the season earlier on and maybe justified a cheap extension to have a shot next to Reynolds.

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • Spoon
  • marw
  • broncsgoat
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.