NEWS Milford Discussion Thread

If that's what happened there needs to serious questions asked of the prosecution. He's a saint if that was his only reaction
Yeah...if true......I'd be talking to my lawyers about divorcing the **** he unfortunately married.

It was I guess a somewhat understandable decison to let him go......I think it was the wrong one and was short sighted.

We saw signs of the Milford we want and know capable of (at the end of last season)

On a drastically reduced deal......of which Milford would have taken (IMO)......for 1 year. If we still saw nothing....see ya Milf.
I firmly believe we would not have seen nothing from him....and would have had our very own Reynolds/Walker type halves pairing.

Cut the cord fellas
Milford was a cancer at the club who was finally cut out. Don't let the talent fool you, he was a pathetic leader at the club who deserved to be shown the door.

Can't agree bro. He was offered sooo many opportunities.

He failed.

Time to move on....
Yeah?
He didn't live up to his price tag, that's what you mean by "sooo many opportunities"

People are upset he was on a 1mill a year and playing at way below that. He was still first grade standard, and we don't have that at the moment. I don't get the spite people have on here.

People don't want to sign him on unders for 12 months, because we signed him on overs.

He didn't live up to his price tag, that's what you mean by "sooo many opportunities"

People are upset he was on a 1mill a year and playing at way below that. He was still first grade standard, and we don't have that at the moment. I don't get the spite people have on here.

People don't want to sign him on unders for 12 months, because we signed him on overs.
I'm not so sure he was at first grade standard for a lot of the last 18 months. pulling out the odd great performance doesn't really smack of first grade standard.

I wouldn't want him to sign for free. He had his chance and he blew it. We aren't a charity. You can certainly argue our current options aren't any better, but at least our current options are out there busting their gut. Milf couldn't be arsed, was a known lazy trainer, didn't want advice from anyone and constantly paid lip service.

I think that is definitely up for debate.

There's no doubt he has (had) oodles of talent, but what always irked me was his complete lack of passion or desire out there on the field. He doesn't want it enough, he doesn't have the fire in the belly.

He became too comfortable at the Broncos, and I think he needed the change as much as we did.

We are at the dawn of a new era. Milford is the past.

I think that is definitely up for debate.

There's no doubt he has (had) oodles of talent, but what always irked me was his complete lack of passion or desire out there on the field. He doesn't want it enough, he doesn't have the fire in the belly.

He became too comfortable at the Broncos, and I think he needed the change as much as we did.

We are at the dawn of a new era. Milford is the past.
Absolutely it's up for debate, he had some real shockers. But if you look at it over the period, and don't take his pay packet into account, he was first grade standard.

If our goal is to make the finals, and I have a choice between Milford on minimum wage, and Gamble/Walters/Kelly...Then I'm taking Milford. Milford with an actual halfback next to him could be a genuinely good player. And if he wasn't, who cares cuz he'd be on min wage and not 1mil

Absolutely it's up for debate, he had some real shockers. But if you look at it over the period, and don't take his pay packet into account, he was first grade standard.

If our goal is to make the finals, and I have a choice between Milford on minimum wage, and Gamble/Walters/Kelly...Then I'm taking Milford. Milford with an actual halfback next to him could be a genuinely good player. And if he wasn't, who cares cuz he'd be on min wage and not 1mil
Yeah but milf wasn’t taking minimum wage from anyone. he Was asking us 600k iirc. Got maybe 300k out of Souths.

Yeah but milf wasn’t taking minimum wage from anyone. he Was asking us 600k iirc. Got maybe 300k out of Souths.
Good on him. How's his current situation though? Not last year, right now? I believe he is jobless.

If we are being honest, at times he looked 300000 dollars, others times he looked 30000 dollars. He was wildly inconsistent. The entire team is wildly inconsistent and yeah, it would be interesting to see what he could do with Reynolds but with Milford, his on field isn't the only part of the story. He has this legal thing hanging over his head, he became stale at Brisbane, was a terrible trainer and never seemed to mature. His off field influence the kids in the team could do without. There is so much more to it than just having a potential base wage player, which even then given Newcastle's interest and a potential legal battle with Souths for an in-principle contract, I doubt he is going anywhere under 300k. Regardless, in terms of the Broncs, there is just way too much baggage. I would rather give Te Maire Martin the shot.

Milford got way too comfortable at the broncos. Now that he’s had a bit of a kick in the ass he’ll probably play well at his new club. Most likely gets man of the Match against the broncos.

If we are being honest, at times he looked 300000 dollars, others times he looked 30000 dollars. He was wildly inconsistent. The entire team is wildly inconsistent and yeah, it would be interesting to see what he could do with Reynolds but with Milford, his on field isn't the only part of the story. He has this legal thing hanging over his head, he became stale at Brisbane, was a terrible trainer and never seemed to mature. His off field influence the kids in the team could do without. There is so much more to it than just having a potential base wage player, which even then given Newcastle's interest and a potential legal battle with Souths for an in-principle contract, I doubt he is going anywhere under 300k. Regardless, in terms of the Broncs, there is just way too much baggage. I would rather give Te Maire Martin the shot.
My opinion is based on us getting a few things, and 1 being him at minimum wage, not if we should get into a bidding war. Also the whole legal thing is pretty obvious, as the NRL won't register a contract with it still running.

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • Skathen
  • Justwin
  • lynx000
  • broncoscope
  • Foordy
  • Sproj
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Bish
  • Mr Fourex
  • Johnny92
  • Broncosgirl
  • Broncorob
  • upthehorse
  • Galah
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Battler
  • The Don
  • Xzei
  • Porthoz
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.