NEWS Milford Discussion Thread

He didn't live up to his price tag, that's what you mean by "sooo many opportunities"

People are upset he was on a 1mill a year and playing at way below that. He was still first grade standard, and we don't have that at the moment. I don't get the spite people have on here.

People don't want to sign him on unders for 12 months, because we signed him on overs.

I don't want to sign him, because he was shit when he was here.

My opinion is based on us getting a few things, and 1 being him at minimum wage, not if we should get into a bidding war. Also the whole legal thing is pretty obvious, as the NRL won't register a contract with it still running.

So essentially then, you are making an entirely moot point?

Cut the cord fellas
Milford was a cancer at the club who was finally cut out. Don't let the talent fool you, he was a pathetic leader at the club who deserved to be shown the door.
I agree with this wholeheartedly.
Being the highest paid player at the club, the younger blokes would have looked up to him as an example of what you can achieve in the NRL, and the example he set was one of laziness, half-arsed training, lack of commitment and coasting on talent.

I half joking blamed Milford for the recent leaks of players complaining that training was too hard, but i firmly believe that culture has been fostered by the likes of Milford to some extent.
100% glad to see him gone, and for me, will go down as one of the worst signings in the history of the Broncos.

How so? Because he hasn't been cleared? How is saying he'd be a good minimum wage signing, a moot point?

Didn't we just have this discussion given he likely won't be minimum wage?

Didn't we just have this discussion given he likely won't be minimum wage?
He is rumored to have signed for 150k for Newcastle. Taking into account he will need to move to Newcastle, then likely move back to Brisbane next year, smart money would be he would have taken 100k from Brisbane.

He is rumored to have signed for 150k for Newcastle. Taking into account he will need to move to Newcastle, then likely move back to Brisbane next year, smart money would be he would have taken 100k from Brisbane.
Thats still 55k too much, and even then i would have him cleaning the dunnies at Suncorp before i let him into the team.

Thats still 55k too much, and even then i would have him cleaning the dunnies at Suncorp before i let him into the team.
This is what I'm talking about. The bitterness from half the forum is pathetic. Most of you lot would just blacklist a player forever if they ever leave, even if they'd improve the team.

This is what I'm talking about. The bitterness from half the forum is pathetic. Most of you lot would just blacklist a player forever if they ever leave, even if they'd improve the team.
Nah, just Milford.
And Milford has had years to show how he could improve the team, and failed miserably.
As i said, it might be the worst signing in the clubs history as far as im concerned.

You might think im pathetic for being bitter at Milford for his dismal time in our jersey, but i find it far more pathetic those who give him chance after chance after chance after chance, only to be shit on time again, and still make excuses for him.

Nah, just Milford.
And Milford has had years to show how he could improve the team, and failed miserably.
As i said, it might be the worst signing in the clubs history as far as im concerned.

You might think im pathetic for being bitter at Milford for his dismal time in our jersey, but i find it far more pathetic those who give him chance after chance after chance after chance, only to be shit on time again, and still make excuses for him.
Chance after chance after chance? You know he was under contract right? You're talking like he was on a month to month deal and kept being given chances he didn't deserve. He was rightly picked in first grade, and dropped when he deserved it too. He's still a first grader, as much as you dislike him.

Chance after chance after chance? You know he was under contract right? You're talking like he was on a month to month deal and kept being given chances he didn't deserve. He was rightly picked in first grade, and dropped when he deserved it too. He's still a first grader, as much as you dislike him.
That's a matter of opinion.
And all you have to do is go back through these forums to see the copious excuses being made for Milfords poor form, the blame on everything except him.

Nope, i don't think Milford was first grade standard for a large portion of his highly undeserved contract.
I also think he was not dropped early enough or for long enough.

Also i dont dislike Milford, i dont know him, i dont like him as a footballer though, and that is based purely on his entire contract at the broncos outside of the 2015 finals run.

I don’t Newcastle is the best fit for Milf. Take a gig where you can get it but I don’t think they have the right team to take advantage of his abilities.

He didn't live up to his price tag, that's what you mean by "sooo many opportunities"

People are upset he was on a 1mill a year and playing at way below that. He was still first grade standard, and we don't have that at the moment. I don't get the spite people have on here.

People don't want to sign him on unders for 12 months, because we signed him on overs.
Some games he didn't live up to any price tag. There were games where we were better off playing with 12 players

So....story in the CM this morning about how it looks to be imminent that Milford will be playing in the NRL in 2022. All concerned appear confident that most(if not all of the charges) will be dropped

It'll be interesting to see how he goes at the Knights.
Why did it take so long to sort out if this is all that happened… it’s cost him $200k and he has to play for the knights and not souffs hesus

You can assault someone without actually touching them. Theres a pretty broad spectrum that it could fall under.

I mean Haas assaulted a female officer technically when he threatened her.

I'm not saying this is what happened but it does seem very out of character for Mudfrog
Shut up you crazy nut job

lol mudfrog

yeah but only because Souths tore up his 300k contract ... and he was literally out of options in Australia, so just took whatever he could get

yeah but only because Souths tore up his 300k contract ... and he was literally out of options in Australia, so just took whatever he could get
Kinda my point. Kevvie loves him, could have gone for a coffee and got him for 100k for the year without the need to move to Newcastle.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • ChewThePhatt
  • eggstar10
  • FACTHUNT
  • davidp
  • Swordfish
  • jarro65
  • Johnny92
  • Foordy
  • heartly87
  • TimWhatley
  • GCBRONCO
  • kman
  • broncoscope
  • Wolfie
  • Maddy
  • Big Del
  • Sproj
  • Manofoneway
  • MrTickyMcG
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.