Milford fastest player in broncos history.

Making line breaks hasn't really been our problem recently... We just can't seem to finish the off, thats where speed over 100m is important.

Making line breaks hasn't really been our problem recently... We just can't seem to finish the off, thats where speed over 100m is important.

He's not just going to stop after running ten metres though. He is still fast over a longer distance. So is Boyd. I hated the fact that our fastest player was always like 5th fastest on the field the last few years. Hoffman would have been our fastest, right?

I remember seeing something a few years ago about Tom Learoyd-Lahrs being the fastest over the 200m when he was at the Broncos.

In nrl supercoach, does it matter if i pick a player out of position such as Kahu in the centres when he's playing fullback. Thanks, your help is greatly appreciated. :rolleyes: :okey:

I can remember an article about a month ago saying he gained 12 kilos from his debut playing weight of 80kg at the Raiders, meaning he is now 92kg. But now this new articles says his 85kg and slimmer than what he was at the Raiders...

It sure as hell doesn't look that way. He looked incredibly chunky during the pre-season. I was having trouble telling him and Francis Molo apart during the Auckland Nines.

haha now the anti-bennett brigade are anti- anything positive. keep on dribbling shit.

Lachlan Maranta suggests otherwise.

10 metre speed is way more important than 100 metre speed. 100 metre speed is great if you scoop up the ball on your own tryline with nobody in front of you, but in most cases there's going to be an opposing fullback to deal with and to get past him you're going to need to change direction (agility and acceleration) or pass to a teammate who hopefully kept pace with you.

Because our game plan evolves around scoring length of the field tries .......?

Interesting.

“He is a great player. His speed and ball skills are amazing.

“Like a lot of people I thought he was an adlib player but there is a lot of structure to his game — but when things break down then he goes to his off-the-cuff style.”

That's from Ben Hunt. Obviously like some of us, he can see that Milford has a lot more going for him then just his blinding speed and foot work.

I can't wait to see how he goes tonight :whoo:

I can't wait to see how he goes tonight :whoo:

You said it Jarro!!

Would love to see MilfMan get into the clear in our own quarter and then have Maranta steaming up beside him on the outside with only Ingles to beat. I know Maranta cops a lot of troubles here on BHQ, but his certainly going to be very determined to prove the critics here wrong.

Not sure if his a subscriber here or not, I hope not though as hes confidence would have certainly taking a bit hit this past week :witchhunt:

You said it Jarro!!

Would love to see MilfMan get into the clear in our own quarter and then have Maranta steaming up beside him on the outside with only Ingles to beat. I know Maranta cops a lot of troubles here on BHQ, but his certainly going to be very determined to prove the critics here wrong.

Not sure if his a subscriber here or not, I hope not though as hes confidence would have certainly taking a bit hit this past week :witchhunt:

I hope Maranta has a good game, but it would be better if Milford burned Inglis on the outside :takdir:

I wanna see Milf put through a little chip kick for a flying Maranta in the 79th minute when we're 2 points behind !

Of course Maranta gathers the kick and scores in the corner :)

Good to hear, but somewhat sceptical. Hard to believe he's lighter than last year.

Irrespective, I think he'll be a weapon for us this year. Looking forward to seeing him in action. Dare say if he makes a break like he did against Wigan, that's a try on a dry track.

I wanna see Milf put through a little chip kick for a flying Maranta in the 79th minute when we're 2 points behind !

Of course Maranta gathers the kick and scores in the corner :)

Hell YAAAAA baybeee !! :party:

Am really warming to the idea of maranta out there now..just a feeling i have (have loaded up on the $11 for first tryscorer just in case) hehe. Take it as fact this guy lives an breathes the Broncos - has since he was a little boy. I heard when WB told him he was selected for round 1, hes emotions got the better of him and his was in tears with joy. Proud moment for the young led for sure.

Well ,lets see what happens in little over an hour right.

Last edited:
I saw Maranta in the mall t'other day. He looks so small on the tv but he's reasonably big, must be 6'1 or 6'2 and solid. Hopefully the message from Bennett helps him go to the next level and become a quality winger.

I saw Maranta in the mall t'other day. He looks so small on the tv but he's reasonably big, must be 6'1 or 6'2 and solid. Hopefully the message from Bennett helps him go to the next level and become a quality winger.

Our tallest back besides Hodges.

They must have never recorded a time for Denan Kemp...

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • Professor47
  • LittleDavey
  • Wolfie
  • mrslong
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Skyblues87
  • Maddy
  • Skathen
  • eggstar10
  • Hurrijo
  • Dash
  • BroncosMan
  • rnabokov
  • Nerd
  • Galco
  • Bish
  • Alec
  • Allo
... and 30 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.