NEWS Milford: I want to stay

So what will qualify as a passable season for Milford? There's clearly star playmakers out there that have been in sides that have struggled to make their mark. Mitchell Pearce, Daly Cherry-Evans and Shaun Johnson all come to mind, so does it come down to individual stats? If so, what's the line?

10 tries? 15 Try Assists? 100m+ Average?
He wasn't even this good in 2015 was he?

So we get rid of Milf - then what?

Replace him with some reject from Souths...or some other club, doesn't really matter who, so long as that player is rubbish and we end up with no money.

So what will qualify as a passable season for Milford? There's clearly star playmakers out there that have been in sides that have struggled to make their mark. Mitchell Pearce, Daly Cherry-Evans and Shaun Johnson all come to mind, so does it come down to individual stats? If so, what's the line?

In my opinion, there is no pass mark for him unless he plays to his 2015-16 form and by that I mean he looks threatening game in, game out. One bad performance is enough for him to be thrown on the scrapheap. Yes, I know this means that we are back at square one but unless he wants to accept a contract extension of one season at max $400k (and only on the back of absolutely scintillating form), we happily say goodbye and continue to rid this club of its many diseases, of which Milf's million dollar contract is one.

He wasn't even this good in 2015 was he?
13 Tries, 14 Try Assists, 120m Average.

But only around 60m Kick Average (Hunt did the majority).

In recent years, it's really own been the tries category where he's been lacking.

Last year the obvious exception.

Last edited:
Replace him with some reject from Souths...or some other club, doesn't really matter who, so long as that player is rubbish and we end up with no money.
scott caan pessimist GIF by CBS

sassy talk show the game show GIF by truTV

Last edited:
Two years for $750k - earn a big contract to finish out your career after that.

In my opinion, there is no pass mark for him unless he plays to his 2015-16 form and by that I mean he looks threatening game in, game out. One bad performance is enough for him to be thrown on the scrapheap. Yes, I know this means that we are back at square one but unless he wants to accept a contract extension of one season at max $400k (and only on the back of absolutely scintillating form), we happily say goodbye and continue to rid this club of its many diseases, of which Milf's million dollar contract is one.
Can you really say Milford looked threatening in every game back then? I can remember plenty of games where Milford barely fired a shot, especially around the mid-way point of 2016.

Can you really say Milford looked threatening in every game back then? I can remember plenty of games where Milford barely fired a shot, especially around the mid-way point of 2016.
Up until the pies era he had a 65ish % win rate as a 6.

Yeah midway through 2016 was the beginning of the end. But halfway through 2015 to halfway through 2016, he was a highlight real.

Wow this club is in a lot of bother. Milf definitely needs to play better - but you get rid of him and then you need to find a marquee to replace him - that's not a simple task. Hopefully he can lift.

Last edited:
I wouldnt be opposed to 500k 1+1 in the clubs favor if he fires this year
If he fires this year there’ll be clubs lining up.

It’s all well and good to just say if he doesn’t set the world on fire we should sack him but we still need a 6 for 22 and beyond and anyone decent is going to command a high price anyway.

If he fires this year there’ll be clubs lining up.

It’s all well and good to just say if he doesn’t set the world on fire we should sack him but we still need a 6 for 22 and beyond and anyone decent is going to command a high price anyway.
Which clubs are after a 6 though?
Off the top of my head the dragons and maybe the cowboys?

Consistent effort, especially when the chips are inevitably down.

Stats are important, but for a guy under the criticism that Milf has, I feel the eye test carries more weight with a lot of people. If Milf looks like he’s playing well, he will be.

Consistent effort, especially when the chips are inevitably down.

Stats are important, but for a guy under the criticism that Milf has, I feel the eye test carries more weight with a lot of people. If Milf looks like he’s playing well, he will be.
hopefully he plays more on the ball,we have some forwards that can get there arms free only to have no one sniffing round for an offload.

Unless he has a 2015 season I'd be offering him 200k. And even if he does have a 2015 type year, I'd be keeping him on a 12m contract to ensure he proves his worth instead of letting him sit back like he has for the last 4yrs.
He owes this club a lot imo. He has been given too many chances and hopefully Donaghy & KW won't stand for sub-par performances any longer.

Everyone who is hoping to move Milford on, here are all the halves off contract next year. Milford and Dearden are both able to be moved on, so go ahead and build a 2022 halves pairing:

Scott Drinkwater
Jahrome Hughes
Kurt Mann
Matt Moylon
Keiran Foran
Blake Green
Ben Hampton
Nicho Hynes
Benji Marshall
Corey Norman
Connor Watson
Tanah Boyd
Phoenix Crossland
Tom Dearden
Ryley Jacks
Shaun Johnson
Lachlan Lewis
Anthony Milford
Mitchell Pearce
Adam Reynolds
Ash Taylor

1. Walsh
6. Hughes
7. Dearden
9. B Smith

would be pretty decent

Last edited:

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • Midean
  • Strop
  • Yem
  • MrMoore
  • Brotherdu
  • Allo
  • Morkel
  • Socnorb
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Galah
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Spooky1013
  • Justwin
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Sproj
  • Jazza
  • Broncorob
  • RodF
  • broncs30
... and 42 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.