NEWS Milford: we sorted it out

Anthony Milford has passed through the nine circles of football Hell and emerged much the same - still laid back, circumspect and always eager for succulent meal beneath the Golden Arches:

“I don’t believe it’s the end for me here at the Broncos. It’s not true that I don’t care. The fire is still burning inside me and I want to be the best player I can be. But as a playmaker, if you aren’t getting good ball, there’s not really much you can do. I’m only 26, so I feel I still have a lot to offer, whether that’s the Broncos or another club. I have to bounce back and I believe I will.”

Screenmirifai   CHwpKUCHWrI CHwpKSLHKeB

Sunset, here we come

Kotoni being promised five-eighth hasn’t bothered me at all. I am not worrying about Kotoni or anyone else. The club has an obligation to sign some players and it doesn’t faze me if Kotoni could be the five-eighth. Competition is always healthy, so I‘m not worried about that. We will see what happens when Kotoni gets back."

“I have heard the reports about not being offered a new Broncos deal, so I saw ‘Kevvie’ about it and he has reassured me that everything is in my control. I have to play well to get a new contract. He said there is no timeframe, whether it‘s one or two weeks, but he assured me he hadn’t given up on me. I definitely haven’t given up on myself."

"I’ve taken it on the chin, I still enjoy myself at training and I will do my best to fight back. For whatever reason, my performances haven’t always been consistent in games. I am realistic about the situation. I’ve had a few discussions with my manager about my future but nothing is set in stone."

" It’s my ideal plan to stay at the Broncos, but if it doesn’t happen I have two kids and a family to look after and I have to do what’s best for them. If that means leaving the Broncos, so be it, but everything is in my control. My destiny is in my hands. Hopefully over the next few months my future will take care of itself.”

ScreenRainbow on Golden Arches

Destiny

“It caught me by surprise, no-one likes to be dropped. Kevvie called a meeting and told me my performances weren’t up to scratch. I had my views against it. I said to Kevvie it’s hard for the halves to do something when a team loses by 50. That’s not a criticism of my teammates, but when a side is on the back foot, it’s difficult for the halves to dominate a game. But we sorted it out. Kevvie said he wanted me to be busier around the ball and that’s a good challenge for me."

"The Broncos aren’t just going to give me a deal for no reason. I know I have to play well and if I do that, I will have a future here, so it’s on me now.”

McHunt

Hahahahaha what a dickhead. Piss off.
This is the bit that stood out to me, always someone else's fault. The sooner he is gone the better.
He is truly oblivious to just how shit he has been, and the effect it has had on this team for at least the past 3 - 4 years.

The sooner he is gone the better, and in my opinion he is up there with the worst signings in the history of the club.

The definition of a player who has completely relied on their talent for a career, has next to no ticker and mentally weak as shit, making excuses for lack of ball despite being the player that should be asking for it the most and using it to create chances.

Seriously don't understand why Kevvie hasn't told him his day is done.

Nothing wrong with his comments. I think he comes across as likeable as ever and during all the public flogging he’s been handed, he has handled it with dignity and class. Lesser characters could’ve sooked or bad mouthed people.

it just appears that he doesn’t know how to be better. I’m sure it’s there, he just doesn’t get it. Like when Kev told him to focus on his running he ran pointlessly all over the shop only making things worse. Kev must have looked on and thought “ not like that 🙄

while Milf comes off the field thinking “I did what you asked Kev”

But that’s exactly what he did.
Has he though? He’s been put on show by everyone in the game, including Kev and Lockyer. That gronk a few weeks ago called him a thief on live tv. Despite his poor form he has never bitten back and has copped it on the chin. All he hasn’t done for whatever reason, is be better.

I don’t see where the sooking is? Because he rightly said it was hard to try and show he’s improved (he hasn’t) when the whole team got flogged?

he’s never pushed for a release or shopped himself around or spoken down on the club despite being a scapegoat and dragged through the mud because of his price tag.

Hes been a good bloke about it all, he’s just kinda shit.

Nothing wrong with his comments. I think he comes across as likeable as ever and during all the public flogging he’s been handed, he has handled it with dignity and class. Lesser characters could’ve sooked or bad mouthed people.

it just appears that he doesn’t know how to be better. I’m sure it’s there, he just doesn’t get it. Like when Kev told him to focus on his running he ran pointlessly all over the shop only making things worse. Kev must have looked on and thought “ not like that 🙄

while Milf comes off the field thinking “I did what you asked Kev”
Yeah he's likeable. His wife is gorgeous. He has a beautiful family. He's rich, famous and quietly spoken. But there's that thing where he's the laziest fucker in the NRL and we're paying him a fortune. That bit there is a problem.

Yeah he's likeable. His wife is gorgeous. He has a beautiful family. He's rich, famous and quietly spoken. But there's that thing where he's the laziest fucker in the NRL and we're paying him a fortune. That bit there is a problem.
Only for 5 more months

Active Now

• MasterWright
  • broncos4life
  • Broncosgirl
  • Manofoneway
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Mr Fourex
  • Fitzy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Sproj
  • Bucking Beads
  • ivanhungryjak
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Midean
  • NSW stables
  • scobie
  • BroncosAlways
  • Jazza
  • lynx000
  • broncsgoat
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.