NEWS Milford: we sorted it out

Anthony Milford has passed through the nine circles of football Hell and emerged much the same - still laid back, circumspect and always eager for succulent meal beneath the Golden Arches:

“I don’t believe it’s the end for me here at the Broncos. It’s not true that I don’t care. The fire is still burning inside me and I want to be the best player I can be. But as a playmaker, if you aren’t getting good ball, there’s not really much you can do. I’m only 26, so I feel I still have a lot to offer, whether that’s the Broncos or another club. I have to bounce back and I believe I will.”

Screenmirifai   CHwpKUCHWrI CHwpKSLHKeB

Sunset, here we come

Kotoni being promised five-eighth hasn’t bothered me at all. I am not worrying about Kotoni or anyone else. The club has an obligation to sign some players and it doesn’t faze me if Kotoni could be the five-eighth. Competition is always healthy, so I‘m not worried about that. We will see what happens when Kotoni gets back."

“I have heard the reports about not being offered a new Broncos deal, so I saw ‘Kevvie’ about it and he has reassured me that everything is in my control. I have to play well to get a new contract. He said there is no timeframe, whether it‘s one or two weeks, but he assured me he hadn’t given up on me. I definitely haven’t given up on myself."

"I’ve taken it on the chin, I still enjoy myself at training and I will do my best to fight back. For whatever reason, my performances haven’t always been consistent in games. I am realistic about the situation. I’ve had a few discussions with my manager about my future but nothing is set in stone."

" It’s my ideal plan to stay at the Broncos, but if it doesn’t happen I have two kids and a family to look after and I have to do what’s best for them. If that means leaving the Broncos, so be it, but everything is in my control. My destiny is in my hands. Hopefully over the next few months my future will take care of itself.”

ScreenRainbow on Golden Arches

Destiny

“It caught me by surprise, no-one likes to be dropped. Kevvie called a meeting and told me my performances weren’t up to scratch. I had my views against it. I said to Kevvie it’s hard for the halves to do something when a team loses by 50. That’s not a criticism of my teammates, but when a side is on the back foot, it’s difficult for the halves to dominate a game. But we sorted it out. Kevvie said he wanted me to be busier around the ball and that’s a good challenge for me."

"The Broncos aren’t just going to give me a deal for no reason. I know I have to play well and if I do that, I will have a future here, so it’s on me now.”

McHunt

Could we please see the video, im interested to see Milfords 2pac style..

I asked him if he could send it to me and he wasn't keen. Apparently his younger brother is one of Milford's good mates.

Milfs Origin career is not really a highlight, we lost both games he was involved in and from memory he wasn't spectacular. Two games over two series and one of them was late bench inclusion. The other he was knocked out early.
That’s fair but I thought the game he was concussed he was solid without being spectacular. The other game he got junk minutes iirc when the result was already decided

A classmate of mine at TAFE is a DJ, and he just showed me a clip of him working a gig at Richlands. And there dancing right behind him is Milford. Clad in some bright orange jersey, sunglasses and one of those rapper hats with the big visor with a drink in hand, and he was clearly off his face like he had just been selected for Origin. You wouldn't think looking at him that his NRL career was on eggshells. The guy just does not give a toss.

I had a chat with my classmate about it, and he basically eluded to me that Milf looks to him like he is very wrapped up in his family and friends, and that in his opinion he needs to get away from them so he can focus on his footy. Judging by the video I saw, I tend to agree with him.
Since when is drinking yourself stupid not a sign of a man down on his confidence?

He needs to get away from family and friends to focus on footy? 😂😂

imagine someone telling you that you need to get away from your family to focus on your job
Yeah he should be able to be both professional and a good father/spouse. I believe family should always be first priority in ones life, but if you can't turn up to work and give 100% then you need to find a job in which you can.

In saying that this story isn't a family man story its a letting your hair down story. Not a bad thing if that's what your into. I would tend to agree with getting away from alcohol and partying when your career is on the rocks but my stance on alcohol is different to most.

That’s fair but I thought the game he was concussed he was solid without being spectacular. The other game he got junk minutes iirc when the result was already decided
I may rewatch it on NRL tv just to make sure I am not being unfair, but at the time I remember being a bit unhappy with Milf. I was at one of those games if I am recalling it right.

Since when is drinking yourself stupid not a sign of a man down on his confidence?

*Drinking yourself stupid on a Sunday night when you have training at 7am the next day.

I may rewatch it on NRL tv just to make sure I am not being unfair, but at the time I remember being a bit unhappy with Milf. I was at one of those games if I am recalling it right.
Believe it or not it was his defensive efforts that I thought were the ‘highlight’.

smith seemed to be going away from milf at every opportunity when we had the ball tho.

Lol this memory popped up in my Facebook...

was probably pretty drunk tbf

Attachments

• F389D3A2-A889-43AB-A764-3376EF137CEC.jpeg
    F389D3A2-A889-43AB-A764-3376EF137CEC.jpeg
    103.6 KB · Views: 152
This was my first thought as well.
Not that he doesn't give a shit, but that he is escaping his reality hard.

Active Now

• Astro
  • The Strapper
  • GCBRONCO
  • Clintos
  • Bucking Beads
  • Browny
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Lurker
  • Santa
  • heartly87
  • Ondi
  • Manofoneway
  • Wolfie
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Sproj
  • Dee
  • Broncosgirl
  • Fozz
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.