More defections.

I'll second it.

Motion carried, until something more stupid is said.

So we agree that Broncoman's was the stupidest ever? Surely?

I'll agree with you Jeba. Cam Smith took Buderus' Kangaroo jersey. It's not a secret unless you're Broncoman.

The Rock seems to be ignoring your post Jeba!

In his book he made it clear that Smith didn't want him at the club. I think you'll find Kurt Gidley was the Knights best in 2008, Buderus spent a fair chunk of that season on the sideline and was solid but definitely not the Buderus of old. I disagree with the 2008 Origin assessment, I thought his slow service gave Queensland the edge in the ruck. He certainly wasn't the worst that series, I'll give you that but his time had come and as I've said I think Ennis (Origin 3 2010) and Kidley (Origin 3 2010, Origin 2 2011) have looked more dangerous.

He's always been a good defender and that's one advantage he has over both guys but he's going to have to build on these early performances.

Hopefully I haven't put the Dhussey mock on him...I want us to win on Friday...badly.

I don't want to direct this post at Broncoman individually, but I just want to ask the forum something;

When a young guy from NZ, Fiji, England, wherever moves to Queensland at a relatively young age (16 years old or less) don't they, as a new Australian, have the right to plead allegiance to their new chosen country? It seems to have shades of racism to say otherwise.

My example is, if a kid moves here from Mongolia at the age of 15. His family move to Queensland, he enjoys footy and has talent enough to play senior football and is therefore eligible for Queensland. Nobody would care and he would be celebrated as a new Queenslander. The Footy Show would probably do a bloody special on him! :haha:

Now a 15 year old kid from Auckland moves here with his family. He has a heap of mates from school and his JRLFC and wants to play with them when he gets selected for Queensland Schoolboys. Why is he all of a sudden a "traitor"? Why do other people get to say to him, "No you are not Australian (Queensland or NSW) you are Kiwi"? Seems racist and if he didn't play football but drove a forklift for work, we would all be crying if he didn't choose to become an Australian.

Now a 15 year old kid from NSW moves to Gold Coast with his family. He plays with his mates at school and with his mates at his JRLFC. When he goes through the grades and makes the chance play at senior level he plays in Queensland. Who are we to say, "No you are not a Queenslander. Forget all your friends that you have chosen to play, you have to play for NSW because we decided your not "real enough" to be a Queenslander".

Sorry that this was long-winded. I'm just trying to say that kids are impressionable and want to play where there friends are. Unless a player deliberately requests to play for his original state or country, why shouldn't they be allowed to play for the state they were in when they went senior? I would rather a Kiwi become a naturalised Aussie and play for NSW then be just another Kiwi living in Australia all their life still claiming to be a Kiwi.

Well spoken JaseC, but you have to understand that most NSW'kers need excuses and make up reasons to bag God's country, while trying to up their pitiful state.

I mean, it's hard enough living there, but supporting them is a heavy cross to carry!

Well spoken JaseC, but you have to understand that most NSW'kers need excuses and make up reasons to bag God's country, while trying to up their pitiful state.

I mean, it's hard enough living there, but supporting them is a heavy cross to carry!

Queensland is Australia's most hated state by a long shot, everyone i've meet interstate says QLD is the most bogan, racist and ****ed up area in Australia. I rather be a Blue than a bogan banana bender, after i finish school i'm probably going back to the beautiful state of New South Wales PS the greatest state in Australia.

Judging by your horrible spelling and inability to debate things critically I'd say it's more if you finish school, rather than when.

Back on topic I think Lami Tasi is just a player that plays a good game once in a while, he was dominated by an understrength Penrtih pack yesterday.

QLD has never been and will never be the most hated state in Australia.

QLD is the most bogan and racist state you say? Pretty sure the Cronulla riots were the most racist bogan event of the last century in this country and they were in NSW mate. Seriously you speak so much bullsh1t!

I agree mate in your situation I would but it is a little worrying you dont have someone better than a 34 year old returning after a long spell in a lower intensity league.

Oh hai Allan Langer

QLD is the most bogan and racist state you say? Pretty sure the Cronulla riots were the most racist bogan event of the last century in this country and they were in NSW mate. Seriously you speak so much bullsh1t!

Thats something i highly regret and that was disgusting in every sense of the word. I have Lebonese friends and they were deeply hurt by that

Alright everyone, back on topic.

Broncoman. We have a dedicated State of Origin thread to discuss your Origin BS. Also, if you wish to discuss NSW v QLD in other aspects, I refer you to the Random Talk thread.

It's been done to death, but hey, you're welcome to make a new thread. Stop taking threads off topic with your NSW vs. QLD BS.

Alright everyone, back on topic.

Broncoman. We have a dedicated State of Origin thread to discuss your Origin BS. Also, if you wish to discuss NSW v QLD in other aspects, I refer you to the Random Talk thread.

It's been done to death, but hey, you're welcome to make a new thread. Stop taking threads off topic with your NSW vs. QLD BS.

Sure. I just get fired up with Origin talk though

Valid point for the example you gave for Kwis and Mongolia. I don't understand why it's ok for a player from Fiji or Lebanon to be eligible for Origin yet a lot of Kiwi's have to choose between Australia and NZ. IMO, Kiwi's SHOULD be able to play Origin AND for New Zealand provided that they have at least played some junior and senior footy in NSW or QLD.

I hear what you are saying but I just can't agree. The best thing about Origin is that it brings out the best in a player (well, most players, Steve Turner not included). And a big part of that is playing for the state you love so passionately. Look at the Queensland players over the years who were relatively ordinary club footballers but just went to another level in the Origin arena - I reckon you could put a lot of that down to the realization that they are playing for the state that they grew up in and they are playing for the Queensland fans.

Of course there are the examples of Folau and Inglis not living most of their lives in Queensland, but maybe they just lift to another level because of how much they hate NSW ;-)

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • GCBRONCO
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Morkel
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Santa
  • Xzei
  • Allo
  • Strop
  • Midean
  • Broncorob
  • Alec
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.