Mundine wants the broncos to sign ferguson! Thoughts?

Before some here go off about not wanting to sign him because he is from NSW remember that there has been some great NSW players that have played big roles in our success during the past.

That was never my issue with Peter Wallace. I just truly believed we would never win another premiership with him in the team.

He had to go.

Just sayin'......

Stunt or not by Mundine - the bloke is available - if the NRL agrees - He is a talent and we need good classy players which he is
To me start talking to him - I would reckon that if the BRONCOS said yes to him coming the NRL would say ok - no bans or anything - if it was any other club they may say he has to sit out for 6 weeks or so

Stunt or not by Mundine - the bloke is available - if the NRL agrees - He is a talent and we need good classy players which he is
To me start talking to him - I would reckon that if the BRONCOS said yes to him coming the NRL would say ok - no bans or anything - if it was any other club they may say he has to sit out for 6 weeks or so
Are you for real? I'm not going to give other clubs and their fans ammunition, but why on Earth should we receive preferential treatment from the NRL to recruit Ferguson... seriously?

Mundine is a grub, I don't want the broncos to touch anything that has been near him. Not to mention Ferguson is a scumbag who doesn't deserve a second chance if his alleged charges are true.

well lets see how we go - no use jumping down my throat because i express an opinion - the reason i said it is that we do have an exceptional record when it comes to discipline and for helping players and I would think the NRL would lend a sympathetic ear to us in preference to other clubs which I shall not name
It is not preferential treatment but maybe a fact - but lets see shall we

That was never my issue with Peter Wallace. I just truly believed we would never win another premiership with him in the team.

He had to go.

Just sayin'......

My comment wasn't aimed at you at all it was aimed at the fans I see on social media and the ones I meet that shot their mouths off without thinking or with no knowledge of the Broncos history.

I'm with you on Wallace. We weren't getting the results under him and his time at the club had passed.

I dunno, he could turn it around and he's no doubt one of the best backs in the world, but now I feel like the squad needs balance, and we have plenty of good depth in the backs...and also no proven halves. I'd be throwing that money at DCE or Smith first, who also have the bonus of adding leadership and organisation to a side that frankly has neither.

When will people learn! Mundine is promoting a fight in Brisbane and he knows if he references the Broncos the fight will get reported in the story.

This.

Boxing publicity 101, close thread, move on.

Sounds like Mundine is trying to stir up interest from other clubs so the Roosters have to sign him in a hurry ??

I wouldn't want him here.

A very talented player but all the off field hoopla wouldn't make him very attractive to the Broncos management. It's just Mundine tooting his own horn really.

It's publicity for a fight as mentioned and another bloke trying to use us to push up a player's asking price in the same way Smith's management is doing for the Storm by using us. I'm a tad sick of it to be honest. Fergusen is a moron and we don't need one at our club. Imagine if we had been stupid enough to get Dugan before he went full moron, we would never have got Benny. So it's a by no from me. If we need a centre, get Gagai back once. Hodgo calls it a day or trust in the development of Oates/Copley/JYY/Kahu.

If he was really interested in becoming a Bronco and signed off on a contract with some fairly strict behaviour requirements i would have no issue with him playing for us.

Get Hodges to mentor him.

It's publicity for a fight as mentioned and another bloke trying to use us to push up a player's asking price in the same way Smith's management is doing for the Storm by using us. I'm a tad sick of it to be honest. Fergusen is a moron and we don't need one at our club. Imagine if we had been stupid enough to get Dugan before he went full moron, we would never have got Benny. So it's a by no from me. If we need a centre, get Gagai back once. Hodgo calls it a day or trust in the development of Oates/Copley/JYY/Kahu.

100% I'm sick of being used as a bargaining tool for the likes of ferguson and smith. We are kidding ourselves if we think that smith will be anything but a one team player, but that won't stop us from hearing he's a 'done deal' right up to the pantomime press conference

As for ferguson I would be open to the idea if he had sorted his shit out and was coming for a reduced contract to prove himself.... But that won't happen

Ferguson at his best is a great player, but he would be asking a fortune, most likely the reason we are not interested.

Active Now

• FaceOfMutiny
  • Fatboy
  • FACTHUNT
  • Fozz
  • Manofoneway
  • Brotherdu
  • The Strapper
  • Waynesaurus
  • Broncosgirl
  • BooKhaki
  • Browny
  • Dazza 92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.