Mundine wants the broncos to sign ferguson! Thoughts?

Reading between the lines, we'll talk tough but we'll register him if a popular club like Souths or Roosters try to sign him.

Could be curtains for Blake for a while.

Much different to the "boys being boys" drunken antics, NRL cracking down on "role model" bullshit is one thing.

Actually employing/registering someone convicted of sexual assault is something that I can't recall in recent memory, let alone in the modern, inclusive and enlightened Raylene Castle era of Rugby League.

Boxing and Islam it is (both of which BF is not built for).

Might be the wake-up that he needs.

Might be the wake-up that he needs.

This!

NRL refuses to register him, the Broncos say "Alright Mundine, We will sign him for 2015 IF he can give back to the community in 2014 by participating in charity events and playing some bush footy with the kids." We get him for cheap and he feels a sense of loyalty to the club that helped him stay on his feet.

I don't want a convicted sex offender playing for my club. I don't care what his skill level is, you work your way back into life as a brick layer.

I don't want a convicted sex offender playing for my club. I don't care what his skill level is, you work your way back into life as a brick layer.
Are you the same guy who condoned Shaun Metcalf's registration in the NRL by the Warriors? :spy:

He didn't get done for sexual assault. Good try though.

He didn't get done for sexual assault. Good try though.
No, he only tried to kill his unborn baby by kicking his girlfriend's abdomen with steel capped shoes... which is really nothing when compared with groping a girl under her skirt/dress. :reddy:

:O

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 253
Look at you guys go!

I put sexual assault far higher on the ladder of fucked up shit. As do many, many mental health experts. But hey, don't let me get in your way of you guys latching onto one thing to try and have a dig.

Please feel free to put forward your own opinions, rather than attacking someone elses opinion. That's what we do here, no?

Aye, let's not drag the past out into the light. (Bono lyric quoting)

I agree with Nashy, sure, if you want to go down the 'It's Always Sunny In Philedelphia' route and don't give a damn about morals or ethics, let's create a positive PR spin and buy ourselves some redemption press, much like Cronulla bought for Carney, but it's a very slippery slope from that point and honestly, apart of being a supporter is actually liking the players on and off the field.

A female co-worker slapped me on the butt. She probably did it playfully but I feel violated. Need advice on how many years should she be jailed for?

That reminds me of the IT Crowd episode 'Something Happened'.

He kissed me on my bottom!

I doubt we need Ferguson . Don't be surprised by mid season next year the forum will be mightily pleased with the on field performances of Stuart Mills . I know most don't rate him ,it's just the opinion of my mate from the Shire who said he ( Mills ! )has massive talent but probably needed the change of scenery and a club with a strict expectation.

Last edited:
, apart of being a supporter is actually liking the players on and off the field.
I know where you're coming from mate but it is a bit over simplistic, I'm sure if you met some of the Broncos off field without any idea who they were you would not like them or if you supported a different team there's a few you wouldn't like, I can think of 3 off the top of my head I wouldn't want near the Raiders. A lot of bias involved in how we see our players but I guess it comes down to what level of dickheadedness is acceptable and Fergo does go over that level. (I defended Duges till his roof top escapade and Fergo till he did a runner so I'm guilty of it). The better the player the more blinded fans become to their antics.

Last edited:
I know where you're coming from mate but it is a bit over simplistic, I'm sure if you met some of the Broncos off field without any idea who they were you would not like them or if you supported a different team there's a few you wouldn't like, I can think of 3 off the top of my head I wouldn't want near the Raiders. A lot of bias involved in how we see our players but I guess it comes down to what level of dickheadedness is acceptable and Fergo does go over that level. (I defended Duges till his roof top escapade and Fergo till he did a runner so I'm guilty of it). The better the player the more blinded fans become to their antics.

Your logic seems plausible, I love Hodges, especially all the grubby things he does in games to piss off the opposition. But if I see a NSW player do something dirty, I immediately hate them (I already hate all NSW players, but there's a few I despise, like Gallen and Bird)

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Allo
  • jd87
  • ChewThePhatt
  • ell.d33
  • mrslong
  • MrRobot
  • Lostboy
  • Midean
  • Big Del
  • Brotherdu
  • Tim K
  • Galah
  • Jedhead
  • Brocko
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.