Mundine wants the broncos to sign ferguson! Thoughts?

Sounds like Mundine is trying to stir up interest from other clubs so the Roosters have to sign him in a hurry ??

I wouldn't want him here.

If he signs with the Roosters it will be interesting to see where they'll play him. All of the Roosters backs are gun players that are very hard to drop. Souths have a better chance at signing him.

I believe that he'll be signing with Souths, and if not the Roosters. Both are clubs that value performance over decency, and both are not limited by the same salary cap as the rest of us. And yes, it's a beat-up article so that Mundine can get his loud head in the Brisbane papers.

BUT, let's just pretend that there is a possibility. Let's make things clear - I believe Ferguson is one of the dumbest, egotistical, most self-worshipping douchebags in the NRL. Seriously, every picture of him that I see with his mouth lazily part-open, in that "I'm so fucking awesome that I'm not even going to show you the respect of controlling my jaw muscles" way, I seriously want to deck him. This guy knows what I mean:

183822_18_1.jpg

When Carney was on his seventh chance, I honestly didn't think he could turn it around. And I vocally told everyone that he was finished. Again, those dead eyes, that vacuous look in his face that just screams that taking responsibility has never even crossed his mind.

todd-carney.jpg

There's just a lot of people that I want to punch, really. But it looks like he finally got his shit together and worked out how to keep his life balanced enough to stay out of the papers and enjoy a consistency in his game that only comes with maturity. And at the Sharks of all places, where Douchebaggery is an Olympic sport.

When Dugan was being sounded out by the Broncos, I'd somewhat come around. I didn't trust him one ounce of course. But if there were strict measures on place, I was willing to give the Broncos the BOD in that they could work with him. His self-destruction vindicated everyone's concerns, of course, that he clearly had not learned his lesson. But the way he tore it up for the Dragons makes me kind of sad that we actually got to him too early. It was the meltdown that ultimately had to happen, for him to see that a strong club won't cop that shit no matter how good you are, but it would have been nice if it had happened to someone else and we reaped the benefits of someone else's lesson.

Which brings us to Ferguson. Like I said, IMO he's worse than Carney & Dugan in his selfishness. And I don't believe for a second that getting involved with Mundine & Nasser has turned him around. At best, I think between those idiots and the court case, he's been distracted enough to just not want to go out on a bender. And they've done nothing to instill some humility in him, constantly talking him up as potentially the best player in the game, whose talents outshine all around him. Seriously, that's the worst thing they could be doing, re-inforcing that he is so fucking good that people should be falling over themselves to sign him. What he truly needs is a bunch of clubs telling him to his face that despite how good he is, he is just too much of a **** for them to risk their entire organisation on. He needs those hard truths. But once he comes to that realisation, I believe he can turn it around. Once he's broken down, he just needs to be retrained like a farm dog.

Do we go after him? No, it will defeat the purpose. He needs to come to us, or at least guided to us so that he believes that it's a decision that he has to make. But if we can get him to buy in to the Broncos, he'd be a massive signing.

Morkel my man, that was just epic!! And it was all summed up in the sentence after Carney's picture: 'I just want to punch a lot of people really.'

ferguson is in court today and trying to blame his 'touch up' of the girl on "mistaken identity".

And I don't believe for a second that getting involved with Mundine & Nasser has turned him around.

But 'Mundine/Nasser guys' are good blokes, by all means sign them! nothing could go wrong!

If his fight was in Canberra he'd say the Raiders should re-sign him. (lol)
If his fight was in Canterbury he'd say the Bulldogs should sign him.
If his fight was in Cronulla he'd say the Sharks should sign him.
If his fight was in the Eastern Suburbs he'd say the Roosters should sign him.
If his fight was in the Gold Coast he'd say the Titans should sign him.
If his fight was in Manly he'd say the Sea Eagles should sign him.
If his fight was in Melbourne he'd say the Storm should sign him.
If his fight was in Newcastle he'd say the Knights should sign him
If his fight was in North Queensland he'd say the Cowboys should sign him.
If his fight was in Parramatta he'd say the Eels should sign him.
If his fight was in Penrith he'd say the Panthers should sign him.
If his fight was in South Sydney he'd say the Rabbitohs should sign him.
If his fight was in St George/Illawarra he'd say the Dragons should sign him. (lol)
If his fight was in New Zealand he'd say the Warriors should sign him.
If his fight was in the Western Suburbs he'd say the Tigers should sign him.

I'm not sure.

If it givesus an opportunity to punt Hoffman I'm for it.

Broncos 2015

Barba, Yow Yeh, Hodges, Ferguson, Vidot/Copley, Milford, Hunt, Hannant, Smith, Kennedy, Thaiday, Glenn, Parker
Bench - Gillett, Maguire, Molo, Dodds...

Don't mind that team one little bit.....

I don't think we should sign Ferguson, but not because our outside backs are burgeoning with better players.

Vidot could barely crack first grade at St George.

Copley, Kahu, Yow Yeh all busted.

Mills is a rookie.

Hodges is on the way out and on a second achillies

Ferguson is trouble. And our roster is one neck-tattooed signing and a few early season losses away from a full blown culture problem and there's no man manager mentor like Bennett there to keep it in check.

But 'Mundine/Nasser guys' are good blokes, by all means sign them! nothing could go wrong!

If his fight was in Canberra he'd say the Raiders should re-sign him. (lol)
If his fight was in Canterbury he'd say the Bulldogs should sign him.
If his fight was in Cronulla he'd say the Sharks should sign him.
If his fight was in the Eastern Suburbs he'd say the Roosters should sign him.
If his fight was in the Gold Coast he'd say the Titans should sign him.
If his fight was in Manly he'd say the Sea Eagles should sign him.
If his fight was in Melbourne he'd say the Storm should sign him.
If his fight was in Newcastle he'd say the Knights should sign him
If his fight was in North Queensland he'd say the Cowboys should sign him.
If his fight was in Parramatta he'd say the Eels should sign him.
If his fight was in Penrith he'd say the Panthers should sign him.
If his fight was in South Sydney he'd say the Rabbitohs should sign him.
If his fight was in St George/Illawarra he'd say the Dragons should sign him. (lol)
If his fight was in New Zealand he'd say the Warriors should sign him.
If his fight was in the Western Suburbs he'd say the Tigers should sign him.

Wait, that's not 20 teams!?!

I don't think we should sign Ferguson, but not because our outside backs are burgeoning with better players.

Vidot could barely crack first grade at St George.

Copley, Kahu, Yow Yeh all busted.

Mills is a rookie.

Hodges is on the way out and on a second achillies

Yeah...that's the part confusing me. I wasn't aware that we did have an abundance of outside backs talent, waiting on the sideline.

Ferguson for all his personal hang-ups, is still undoubtedly a talented footballer.

Fergo was cleared of indigent assault today. The judge found that he was only touching her thighs.

Last edited:
Ok, I actually just heard they'd found him guilty....

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • john1420
  • Allo
  • Broncosgirl
  • Volvo Driver
  • Old Mate
  • Financeguy
  • Kev_Guz
  • heartly87
  • Foordy
  • sooticus
  • mrslong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.