OPINION New Captain, New Outlook for 2019

Give it to Gillett in the interim imo. Fifita could be a candidate in time, he's captained almost every level he's played at but obviously he's too green. I'd nominate Glenn but I don't even know if he'll be in the starting side soon and we don't want a Kurt Gidley situation so for that reason he's out. Lodge maybe, he busts a gut every week - imagine the headlines tho lol

I don't think Milf is captaincy material, I don't think he needs the added expectation.

I wouldn't give it to Gillette outright this year tbh, but I'd be naming him (or another candidate) as VC to get everyone used to the idea.

Bird for captain.

I bet everyone is regretting letting Benji walk when he only wanted 300K too

I wouldn't give it to Gillette outright this year tbh, but I'd be naming him (or another candidate) as VC to get everyone used to the idea.

Gillett was revving up the troops behind the goal line every try we conceded. He was the first to pat Haas and Isaako on the back after their poor efforts in defence.
Also is striking up a special combo with Nikorima on that right edge.

Still has lots to offer the club after those horrendous injuries, this guy would be captain at any other club.

Gillett was revving up the troops behind the goal line every try we conceded. He was the first to pat Haas and Isaako on the back after their poor efforts in defence.
Also is striking up a special combo with Nikorima on that right edge.

Still has lots to offer the club after those horrendous injuries, this guy would be captain at any other club.

Agreed. I see him as the main candidate to take the captaincy over but I can't see it being taken off Boyd mid season...so the point of my post was name him VC to get everyone used to the idea for an easier transition next season.

Agreed. I see him as the main candidate to take the captaincy over but I can't see it being taken off Boyd mid season...so the point of my post was name him VC to get everyone used to the idea for an easier transition next season.

Co-captain?

You simply can’t replace your captain part way into a season. We all know and most have been saying for a while that Boyd is a terrible captain, he’s also become a terrible fullback.

He shouldn’t be on the wage he is on or signed as long as he has been, very few were fans of that ridiculous signing even when it happened.

So regardless, replace him as captain next year but not now, that’s a sure fire way to lose the dressing room. By all means though, get him out of fullback ASAP.

Penrith just did.

Milford should be the obvious choice for captain. But alas, reality intervenes.

I think Gillo should be our captain. If you looked at experience, effort, body language, and communication on the field and had no knowledge of who our captain is, I think most people would guess Gillo.

Especially with so many young forwards in need of a leader. I think a Gillo/Boyd co-captaincy would work great.

I think Gillo should be our captain. If you looked at experience, effort, body language, and communication on the field and had no knowledge of who our captain is, I think most people would guess Gillo.

Especially with so many young forwards in need of a leader. I think a Gillo/Boyd co-captaincy would work great.

Actually, as funny as it may sound, you would think the captain is Bird.

Actually, as funny as it may sound, you would think the captain is Bird.
I think at this point in time it has to be Bird or Milf.

Question to all...have the Broncos EVER had a worst captain than Darius Boyd?

Adam Blair’s cameo? [emoji23]

Boyd’s definitely no Lockyer

Last edited:

What was Thaiday like as captain? Can’t really remember

didn't they technically have something like 17 captains though ... all they done is picked one of them to be the sole captain

6 I think from memory but they were all stripped and someone else appointed, I understand.

Seemed like a stupid idea from day 1 to me...

Unread

Active Now

• LittleDavey
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Justwin
  • Lazza
  • Gaz
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Manofoneway
  • RolledOates
  • Jazza
  • Harry Sack
  • sooticus
  • theshed
  • FACTHUNT
  • Aldo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.