OPINION New Captain, New Outlook for 2019

Discussion in 'Brisbane Broncos Talk' started by PNG Broncos fan88, Feb 27, 2019.

I agree although my favourite reggie, Taga is a premiership winner too!

broncospwn and Mitch06 like this.
  1. When the going gets tough, the young players will look to all the older heads

Yes, they will pay special attention to the C but will look to all the experienced campaigners

2. Foordy

Foordy

exactly ...

guys like Webcke and Civoniceva were perfect examples of this

Accept likes this.
    Good ole Oatesy making this stink look rosey, we should have lost by 40.

One leader out there tonight, new york Lodge. Make him captain with immediate effect.

The posters on here defending captain courageous.. ppfftt

JAHHW likes this.
  3. Cult3

Cult3 State of Origin Captain

@mods you know how some websites need you to make a certain amount of posts before you can start a thread?

4. soup

soup State of Origin Rep

Honestly mate, I’ve let you go for the benefit of the doubt, but this is ridiculous.

Not saying Boyd shouldn’t be reconsidered as captain, but to choose Oates, you’ve lost all credibility. Oates is awesome, but a captain, he is not. At least at this stage.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    Harry Sack and broncos4life like this.
  5. Alec

Alec International Rep

He actually said Lodge should be captain, not Oates.

jarro65 and JAHHW like this.
  6. soup

soup State of Origin Rep

Oops. I agree with him then. My bad.

7. I'd love for Lodge to be captain if only to see the scum media fall over themselves with outrage articles.

8. JAHHW

JAHHW QCup Player

You forgot to say that also, on his performances over the last 20 odd games for the Broncos, he would be a much better option than Boyd.

The way he’s turned his life around, both personally and professionally, and the way he gives everything he has, not to mention for over 60mins last night as a front rower, he really does seem like the perfect candidate to lead the team.

Realistically, he is already leading the forward pack, so I’d be all for it personally.

broncospwn likes this.
  9. BroncosHQ is one of those websites.

10. Cult3

Cult3 State of Origin Captain

He’s also a pretty quiet person and doesn’t talk much

11. He's my favourite player I'd love him to captain this team. If he's still with us and wants to renew I'd be wanting him as our next captain.

JAHHW and soup like this.
  12. Renegade

Renegade NRL Captain

it is kinda funny how the OP gets smashed for the opinion and then after one game into the new season wherein it's the same old performance, opinions begin to change.

i don't think we have to be sycophants to support the club, it is clear Boyd has regressed and despite his seniority, is struggling to perform at the level that we need him to be. yes he's a changed man and so on - that's great, but we're a professional football club, not a therapists lounge.

13. JAHHW

JAHHW QCup Player

He doesn’t need to. We had a bloke captain us a little while back who was much the same, did all his talking with his actions. He’s also the same bloke who played 355 games for the club and was ultra successful.

I don’t see it, but you always go on about Boyd being chatty on the field. Regardless, as the old expression goes, talk is cheap. Especially when you’re not backing it up with your actions.

whykickamoocow and soup like this.
  14. Lockyer? Didn't talk? You must be talking about Darren's brother I think. Lockyer was always screaming at the troops.

15. JAHHW

JAHHW QCup Player

In my opinion at least, I don’t agree.

But it is not a matter of opinion that he didn’t talk a lot in the first few years of being captain. In fact, it was well documented that he struggled, a lot, to be the verbal leader some players required and that he felt far more comfortable leading with his actions.