New South Wales 2014 Line-Ups

10271551_764274036927261_2050392018298415770_n.jpg

Once again they are in a predicament IF they get rolled in game 1, particularly if they we gap them and the halves can't produce points.
Do they go back to Pearce and Maloney then or stick with their new direction?

The Dogs halves will also be playing a different game behind that NSW pack, their club pack creates so much but in Origin they will just be trying to go forward and the halves will need to be creating more for themselves and outside their backs.

Well if Queensland are allowed to field Greg Inglis we can take whoever we want to even things out

So QLD Residents is not counted as a rep game?

It wouldn't count towards the eligibility rules because as the name suggests, you're picked on where you currently reside, not where you were brought up, played first senior game etc.

It wouldn't count towards the eligibility rules because as the name suggests, you're picked on where you currently reside, not where you were brought up, played first senior game etc.

Thanks for clearing that up. I've never been entirely sure about the QLD Residents.

Well if Queensland are allowed to field Greg Inglis we can take whoever we want to even things out
You do know who started this crap, don't you... and even if we do this for the next 20 years, we still won't be able to catch up to the NSW'kers tactics.

Not really. The jersey says Qld residents. It's from his one year playing Q Cup.

This. JT also played residents for NSW at some stage as well. It's odd for sure though

Complain all you want but he was eligible for both. The issue was QLD and NSW, for some unknown fucking reason, had different rules when it came to classifying a players first senior game.

FMD, I would have to shower and scrub myself with a steel brush after wearing one of those filthy blue jerseys.

I'm so disappointed though, NSW has finally taken away our best weapon. Pearcey, you will be greatly missed but we will be putting up a statue in your honour for some of the best games for Qld in the history of origin.

Tupou will apparently be on the left, with both Morris bros on the right.

QLD will probably target him with low kicks, get him turning and having Tate and Hodges provide quality chase.

NSW will target him in the air up against Tate who can be suspect under the high ball at times.

Will be interesting.

I thought for sure they would have had Tupou on the right.

He towers over Boyd and would definitely be able to out leap him.

I'm not convinced on the selection of Tupou. He may be a weapon in the air but I think he'll be put to the test defensively. Neither he nor Jennings are particularly staunch defenders, and Hodges / Tate are pretty wily campaigners. I wouldn't be surprised if he is a bit overwhelmed by the experience.

Tupou plays left wing outside Jennings at club level. Not only were they always going to keep him there, I'd argue that's the only reason he was picked. If Tupou played right wing for the Roosters or for any other club I don't think he'd have made the team.

NSW have it in their minds that combinations win Origin. They are right, but their approach seems to be to pick club or familial combinations rather than build them over time.

Active Now

• sooticus
  • marw
  • Broncorob
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.