New South Wales 2014 Line-Ups

So Carney and Mullen are still injured?

**** I'd hate to be a blues fan and hoping each year that a side that made sense/qld nervous would get picked.

Having said that - nsw much quicker in the backs, and qld's second row -- soft as.

Lucky Bird isn't there. He'd be licking his lips at the thought of belting mcqueen and gillett all night long.

10325334_10152430537041763_2861386576644079054_n.jpg

LOL at the Queensland media. They've always bagged the selection of Pearce but now they've attacked them for choosing a replacement.

Thoughts on the other article later

I think you mean News Ltd media, it's all the same.

Nothing of any value is discussed until the game is over.

:laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually do worry about this year. The gap between the 2 sides has been closing over the past couple of years and the series deciders have gone down to the final minute. In 2012, there was 1 point in it. In 2013, 2 points in it.

NSW should have won last year. They had the chance to end the game, but Pearce held the ball for too long and fucked it up completely. If he had taken the right option and took the defense on, NSW would have outnumbered us and that would have been it. I can't remember which minute it was, I'll have to look at the footage.

I also still believe the Hodges try in 2012 was a shepherd.

Changing the halves again but still not getting it right IMO.

Changing the halves again but still not getting it right IMO.

Well, to be honest, there isn't much to get right with only Mullen being available, and with Carney seriously underdone after injry, Sezer injured, and Brooks being too young.

But yeah, they didn't even get half of it right.

I think they should have picked Mullen. He is their best option IMO.

I don't see enough points in that NSW spine. Outside of Hayne there are no massively creative players in the spine nor the backrow (Bird and GStewart are huge losses) and Hayne is not incredibly creative for others and doesn't get as much space to really isolate defenders in Origin. I really think this is a poorer side than they picked last year, sure Hodkinson and Reynolds are doing good things in tight tough matches but the level is so much higher and they will need a lot of help which just isn't there.

Hodkinson is a real head scratcher. this is definitely another one of the "combinations" selections ... even though that has worked so infrequently

Sorry Pete I had to dislike that post, I feel sick after watching that.

So apparently Lewis was selected because he told Daley he was up for another Origin.

That's their selection policy? LOL

I think Tupou was a good selection. Hodkinson loves the high bombs and Tupou could definitely be a handful on our left hand side.

I would have preferred Taufua for his finishing ability, but Tupou is still a good selection.

Last edited:
Lewis was probably going to be selected anyway. Quality player and someone every team in the world would want to have.

Tupou will apparently be on the left, with both Morris bros on the right.

QLD will probably target him with low kicks, get him turning and having Tate and Hodges provide quality chase.

NSW will target him in the air up against Tate who can be suspect under the high ball at times.

Will be interesting.

Active Now

• KateBroncos1812
  • Fitzy
  • Broncosgirl
  • Old Mate
  • whykickamoocow
  • the_next
  • Bucking Beads
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • peter09
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Fozz
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Dash
  • The True King
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.