Next Broncos coach

Who should it be?

• Total voters
if we can't win a premiership without Bennett being involved we might as well shut down the club right now.
I couldn’t care less if it took getting Clive Palmer involved to win a Premiership again - much less Bennett.

Talk about a weak and nonsensical argument Bennett coming back..

Got flogged by Warriors and St George in couple weeks towards the end I know I was there for both games at home. Yes, in front of 35k+ home crowd at both games they struggled - piss poor.
Yet they beat the roosters twice who have been near untouchable in the past three years

Yet they beat the roosters twice who have been near untouchable in the past three years
Melbourne have also been mostly untouchable and yet we haven’t managed to beat them with any regularity for more than a decade now.

Melbourne have also been mostly untouchable and yet we haven’t managed to beat them with any regularity for more than a decade now.
Sure. But going 15/9 and 6/2 against top 4 teams is hardly an indication we were struggling under Wayne and JD

Last edited:
You have a point about Green, he's been readily available for some time. I just don't see either of them as a great choice. Perhaps there's others or another being considered? The rookie coach, if we get one might be CS9 ?? It's quite intriguing and unsettling to not know or worse, what if the board is paralyzed by fear and simply cannot see a direction?

I would be happy if the board were paralysed and did nothing because that would be better than causing the shitstorm on us they have been doing.

What if they're being paid to turn the club into rubble? ****, now I'm thinking like that conspiracy whackjob from a couple months ago!
If someone is paying the board to turn this club to rubble they are getting ripped off. The board are doing it all by themselves there is no need for anyone to pay them.

Last edited:
Sure. But going 15/9 and 6/2 against top 4 teams is hardly an indication we were struggling under Wayne and JD
We weren’t struggling, but I don’t feel we were really going forward anymore either. I think successive finals drubbings under Wayne and continued under Seibold are a fair indication that we might have had some good games in us, and we were competitive for the most part, but we’d really stopped being a serious Premiership threat a long time ago.

Last edited:
Got flogged by Warriors and St George in couple weeks towards the end I know I was there for both games at home. Yes, in front of 35k+ home crowd at both games they struggled - piss poor.

If you were there against the Dragons, then you'd have noticed that we red hot in that opening 20mns. We were far from (piss poor) struggling, 2 Pivotal game swings fucked us over after that.
1) For the life of me, I didn't understand why Darius kept pointing to the posts for 2 when we were camped in their half of the field all that time. Judging by our red hot attack, quick taps would have yielded tries and would have had us up by at least 16 but we banked only 4 with two meagrely penalty goals. Fifita break away try only improved that 4 to 10.

2) From the kick off after that try, A.Mac drops the balls cold from a Sims hit and changes the whole complexion of the game with the rejuvenated Dragons camped in our half and applying the blowtorch. Sims scores from a soft barge over, and then that was their MO till they ground us into the dirt.

Attributes needed by the next coach:

* Humility - knowing that just because you're part of the biggest club in Australian sport, you need skill, commitment, and determination to create success
* Balls - to say "no" to the board (and the media), and run the football department separate to the business of the club and the media's bidding
* Discipline - to knock the young squad into shape and make sure they understand their pay packet and their position isn't worth a cracker without effort and commitment
* Consequences - not afraid to sack non-performing players, no matter who they are.
* Development - Make local player development the main game again, and only recruit from outside the club strategically, not disrupting the local player pipeline (causing talent to needlessly leave the club for greener pastures)
* Ability to pick the right support team - With the likelihood of less money for support staff, the ability to attract the right people for the right positions.

Unfortunately, it seems the club has none of these attributes any longer.

The 'we was robbed' comments about Green are interesting, as he was never about the that when he took over the Cows. I remember in the years preceding his appointment the Cows were eliminated from finals in some controversial circumstances for a couple of years in a row (there was the hand of God incident against Manly and an extra long tackle count against the Sharks). Henry was the coach at the time and he would blow up in the post match press conference about conspiracies and other nonsense that would make posters in our live match threads blush.

Fast forward to Green's first year in charge and the Cowboys go down against the Roosters in mildly controversial circumstances (there was a legit forward pass that was called back in a Cowboys play that would have led to a try) in an elimination semi. The media are goading JT into more accusations of conspiracies, but Green puts a stop to it saying they aren't interested in complaining about the refs and they need to focus on what they can control.

The year after the Cows win the comp and for some reason I stop following the Cows with the same level of interest as before.

I’ll admit I may have unfairly attributed more of that stuff to Green than what was the case, but I do remember his and JT post-games were almost unwatchable because of how far up their own arses they were.

Attributes needed by the next coach:

* Humility - knowing that just because you're part of the biggest club in Australian sport, you need skill, commitment, and determination to create success
* Balls - to say "no" to the board (and the media), and run the football department separate to the business of the club and the media's bidding
* Discipline - to knock the young squad into shape and make sure they understand their pay packet and their position isn't worth a cracker without effort and commitment
* Consequences - not afraid to sack non-performing players, no matter who they are.
* Development - Make local player development the main game again, and only recruit from outside the club strategically, not disrupting the local player pipeline (causing talent to needlessly leave the club for greener pastures)
* Ability to pick the right support team - With the likelihood of less money for support staff, the ability to attract the right people for the right positions.

Unfortunately, it seems the club has none of these attributes any longer.
How many dazza's we got around here?

No, I've read it all, thanks. I didn't change my mind because it wasn't JUST Flanagan. Had it been I'd think, hmm, cheating scumbag. However, some 15 officials from Cronulla and about the same from Essenden were hoodwinked. In fact Dank was so good at the con Manly were paying him for the same thing prior to the events of 2011.

In your narrative you want to single out Flanagan, you want to isolate his 'offence' because it suits your bias and agenda. I see the bigger picture which is supported by the EVIDENCE. That is, Flanagan was one of many bamboozled by a qualified snake oil salesman along with his fellow Cronulla official, Essenden officials and Manly officials.

Furthermore, the punishment is not something you can blame on Flanagan and Cronulla, you can only blame ASADA and the NRL, take it up with them. Perhaps if you take a rational approach YOU might change your mind.

The email offences are entirely on Flanagan. Not worth a lifetime ban though.

I get tingly all over when you do your "look at the evidence" and "take a rational approach" while in the midst of fanboying for the Sharks, your ex-favourite NRL team. The FACTS in this case are that, while a bunch of others were caught up in the putrid mess of the peptide cheating scandal, only Flanagan was busted for not complying with his restrictions. Plenty of others whinged about their punishments, but at least had the humility to abide by their punishments. The fact that you can't see this, and everyone else can, is something you may need a bit of self-reflection about.

I don't want him, or Bellamy, or anyone else like them at our club.

does anyone else think after this terrible year we might get a favourable draw next year or will we be massively screwed over again?

does anyone else think after this terrible year we might get a favourable draw next year or will we be massively screwed over again?

I can see it being easier. The draw is largely dictated by the networks and I can imagine them wanting less marquee games for the Broncos.

That was the unfortunate side effect of the Broncos 2-0 start. It gave 9 the impression that Brisbane were a top team, so to help kick-start interest in the competition again they put together all these 'heavyweight' match-ups not realising just how busted the Broncos were.

Active Now

• MasterWright
  • Santa
  • westy316
  • Broncosgirl
  • Bucking Beads
  • Ozired
  • winslow_wong
  • Financeguy
  • Spooky1013
  • Culhwch
  • BroncosAlways
  • Brocko
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.