Next Broncos coach

Who should it be?

• Total voters
does anyone else think after this terrible year we might get a favourable draw next year or will we be massively screwed over again?
The way we played this year we would have been lucky to get 2 pts for a bye so its a hard sell to say we were screwed by the draw.
We weren't playing anywhere near good enough to know if that was a factor.
As for next year I wouldn't hold my breath the NRL will do us any favours.

The way we played this year we would have been lucky to get 2 pts for a bye so its a hard sell to say we were screwed by the draw.
We weren't playing anywhere near good enough to know if that was a factor.
As for next year I wouldn't hold my breath the NRL will do us any favours.
hmm you are right something serious went a miss... i think we need a coach that will come in and get the boys back to basics
I can see it being easier. The draw is largely dictated by the networks and I can imagine them wanting less marquee games for the Broncos.

That was the unfortunate side effect of the Broncos 2-0 start. It gave 9 the impression that Brisbane were a top team, so to help kick-start interest in the competition again they put together all these 'heavyweight' match-ups not realising just how busted the Broncos were.
fifita vs the broncos round 1 next year I'm calling it now

4evp4g.jpg

At this point in time i am certain it will be Walters for two reasons:

1) Hes still got a fox commitment, announcing now and bringing him in would mean he has to leave fox before end of season.
2) Green is completely a free agent, could walk in at any time - but this hasn't happened. If he was going to be appointed it would be done by now.
Playing devil's advocate... Green said he wanted to take a break before going to his next coaching gig... if Green was already in talks with Broncos this could just be aligning with coming in after the season finishes.

We aren't aware of the conditions of Green leaving either. I'm not sure of Green's contract situation but he may have received a payout and if so there may be a clause about his payout being reduced if he takes up another job before the current regular season finishes. It was suggested that it was mutual rather than being sacked. I only raise this one as it happens some times in the EPL where if a manager takes up another gig their payout may be reduced.

The only solace is that if Green were already in talks with the Broncos then everyone in the media would know about it... the Broncos leak like a sieve and apparently everyone knew they wanted Seibold in July 2018 (5 months before it was official)... so if there were moves happening it's likely it would already be out by now.

With the flip flopping that's happening in the media it probably suggests that the board currently have no idea which way they want to go

Brisbane bound? Bennett ‘telling fibs’ as ‘high profile’ manager contacts Broncos over reunion

Maybe Bennett for a year then Bellamy?

That article is ridiculously contradictory. Bennett has approached Brisbane but he is still hurt by Brisbane so it will take a big offer to get him back to Brisbane but he is happy to stay with Souths and not go to Brisbane but he has contacted Brisbane to take up the role he didn't want at Brisbane but now wants at Brisbane...BRISBANE!

I'm fairly sure Rothfield has literally covered every possible option there, so whatever happens, he can say he was right.

Melbourne have also been mostly untouchable and yet we haven’t managed to beat them with any regularity for more than a decade now.

We know the secret to beating the Storm. We showed how to in '15 with that outstanding defence. That's the only way to beat the Storm, the Roosters, or any side for that matter. Der ...

So Kearney knows that formula. Wish he would come here here as assistant coaching defence. He'd complement Walters perfectly, just what Kevvie would need to take the heat off his club coaching relative inexperience, so he could focus on the halves and attack in general.

Last edited:
hmm you are right something serious went a miss... i think we need a coach that will come in and get the boys back to basics

fifita vs the broncos round 1 next year I'm calling it now
yep, but in the saturday 3pm 'skank shift' ..

Kevvie has done a nice job with the Queensland State of Origin team but that doesn’t make him a great club coach.

They are totally different gigs. Craig Bellamy is one of the finest club coaches in the history of the game but could hardly win a game with the NSW Blues.

Kevvie is untried at club level.

He wrote the opposite of what you read.

It’s the old need experience to get a job but you need a job to get experience

That article is ridiculously contradictory. Bennett has approached Brisbane but he is still hurt by Brisbane so it will take a big offer to get him back to Brisbane but he is happy to stay with Souths and not go to Brisbane but he has contacted Brisbane to take up the role he didn't want at Brisbane but now wants at Brisbane...BRISBANE!

I'm fairly sure Rothfield has literally covered every possible option there, so whatever happens, he can say he was right.
This is just a manager casting a line and hoping to catch a fish.
Manager approaches Broncs on behalf of WB ,who knows **** all about it, then goes to Bennett and says I can get you this much at the Broncos what do you think.
All this in the hope he will end up with a cut. Kent has been talking about this type of tactic for a few years.
It's just another reason why these fuckers need pulling into line.

Playing devil's advocate... Green said he wanted to take a break before going to his next coaching gig... if Green was already in talks with Broncos this could just be aligning with coming in after the season finishes.

We aren't aware of the conditions of Green leaving either. I'm not sure of Green's contract situation but he may have received a payout and if so there may be a clause about his payout being reduced if he takes up another job before the current regular season finishes. It was suggested that it was mutual rather than being sacked. I only raise this one as it happens some times in the EPL where if a manager takes up another gig their payout may be reduced.

The only solace is that if Green were already in talks with the Broncos then everyone in the media would know about it... the Broncos leak like a sieve and apparently everyone knew they wanted Seibold in July 2018 (5 months before it was official)... so if there were moves happening it's likely it would already be out by now.

With the flip flopping that's happening in the media it probably suggests that the board currently have no idea which way they want to go
As I have posted before. There is more than 1 person around Wynnum, ( close enough to Green to not disregard) who will tell you this is a done deal. I reckon 1 week after he left the Cows their were people here saying his freshen up was to take over at the Broncs.

As I have posted before. There is more than 1 person around Wynnum, ( close enough to Green to not disregard) who will tell you this is a done deal. I reckon 1 week after he left the Cows their were people here saying his freshen up was to take over at the Broncs.
Really hope not,will be the first season I will dip out on watching if it is the case no matter how we are going.

Really hope not,will be the first season I will dip out on watching if it is the case no matter how we are going.
He probably isn't the answer but what the **** do I know? He will certainly do a better job than the clown stinking up the position the past two years. He has an unenviable task ahead of him.

Don't be surprised if something left field like Bennett back with CS9 (playing next year) and then either a Bennett/CS9 co-coaching arrangement or CS9 coach and Bennett coaching director.

Haven't missed a game in the last two years of the shit we have been served up and I don't think green is going to bring any better than seibold,remember no Thurston here to pad that coaching record.

Yeah I get that but you said even if we are doing well you won’t watch? Seems bizarre unless you have a personal vendetta against the guy...

Don't be surprised if something left field like Bennett back with CS9 (playing next year) and then either a Bennett/CS9 co-coaching arrangement or CS9 coach and Bennett coaching director.

That is so left field it’s got Pluto in the rear vision mirror.
I wish I was as sure of winning lotto as I am that CS9 will not be with us in any capacity next year.

Active Now

• lynx000
  • Wolfie
  • Sproj
  • Jedhead
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Rookie Alan
  • Dash
  • Foordy
  • Johnny92
  • Wild Horse
  • Culhwch
  • MrTickyMcG
  • broncos4life
  • Mister Wright
  • Alec
  • BroncoFan94
  • Bucking Beads
  • Brocko
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Thelmus
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.