Next Broncos coach

Who should it be?

• Total voters
He is intolerant towards my differing opinion, judging my intelligence hence the term. Refer previous comments

As I already outlined in previous post, it was not a drubbing like the 58-0 Eels record where only one side turned up to play.
Anybody who re-watched that first 20mn, without knowing the result would have thought we were going to win judging by how flat the Dragons were in that opening quarter.
Quite understandable, I'd be as pissed if I had to witness live, the nightmare unfolding in those next horrible 60mns from the suddenly not so struggling Dragons.

Melbourne lost a GF by 40-0 GF, no less.
Shame on them for not sacking their coach right after.

Melbourne’s coach didn’t play that day.

I get tingly all over when you do your "look at the evidence" and "take a rational approach" while in the midst of fanboying for the Sharks, your ex-favourite NRL team. The FACTS in this case are that, while a bunch of others were caught up in the putrid mess of the peptide cheating scandal, only Flanagan was busted for not complying with his restrictions. Plenty of others whinged about their punishments, but at least had the humility to abide by their punishments. The fact that you can't see this, and everyone else can, is something you may need a bit of self-reflection about.

I don't want him, or Bellamy, or anyone else like them at our club.
Jesus, you truly are dumb. Monumentally dumb. In which universe is there a version of me that doesn't know he broke the rules of his punishment? How did you deduce I was unaware of why he was banned?

I don't a **** about who you don't want at the club. You're not a rational person. You have imaginary friends, nothing you say can be trusted.

I think the most likely scenarios for the delays are:
3. They've actually pulled off a masterstroke and secured Bellamy or another coaching gun - see our most likely option above though as to why this outcome is a very, very distant third in probability.

More chance of you getting struck by lightning today, buddy.

Last edited:
I think the most likely scenarios for the delays are:

1. Management ineptitude - because honestly, it's been repeatedly proven that the current administration couldn't organise their way out of a wet paper bag without fucking it up, so this is easily the most likely scenario.

2. They're entertaining Walters and/or Green, but recognise that both, particularly Walters, will require an overhaul of our Coaching infrastructure and personnel if they go down that path, so that adds to how complicated getting everything in place is and would explain a lot of the delay.

3. They've actually pulled off a masterstroke and secured Bellamy or another coaching gun - see our most likely option above though as to why this outcome is a very, very distant third in probability.
Dunno about Bellamy, hasn't he proven he cant coach without Smith. 40 nil grand final loss and all. The guy is a plodder.
Plus he had 3 of the games top players for years and only won 2 gfs.

Last edited:
Dunno about Bellamy, hasn't he proven he cant coach without Smith. 40 nil grand final loss and all. The guy is a plodder.
Plus he had 3 of the games to players for years and only won 2 gfs.

Judicious use of facts there....well done...

Could anyone with a good knowledge of the situation help me understand the scenario with the Walker Brothers?

As I understand it, they have been very successful at the second grade level, implementing a strong system and some genuinely innovative gameplans / strategies...But it seems people have apprehensions about them stepping up to coach at the top level for various reasons. I've seen some mention they only want to coach together and some organisations have baulked at that, and others claim that there is some bad blood meaning they'd never come coach the Broncos... not sure how true any of this is.

I understand folk may be gun-shy about 'game-changing, new, modern strategies' after the Seibs trainwreck, but what is the go with these guys? Can they coach? And if so, would they ever be considered / should they be considered?

Is Brad Thorn available? or the Walker brothers?

Thorn is tied to the reds at least for next year and maybe longer and he would Never break a contract.
The walkers are just too out there for most people.

Thorn is tied to the reds at least for next year and maybe longer and he would Never break a contract.
The walkers are just too out there for most people.
Damn damn and blasted. Well maybe get Toovey for a year (he can say there needs to be a investigation!) Then Thorn. Or just give the Walker brothers a go for a year 🤠

Doesn't mean he's a better coach.. Also doesn't mean he'll be more successful.

I'm not sold on either option, I just hope we choose the correct one, I don't think I can handle another few more years of this shit.
Why not?

All clubs go through years of shit. We are not special, admin has made that abundantly clear.

The glory days are finished. No comp in 15 years, no minor premiership in 20 lol.

Last edited:
Why not?

All clubs go through years of shit. We are not special, admin has made that abundantly clear.

The glory days are finished. No comp in 15 years, no minor premiership in 20 lol.

15 years.... fmd.

Jesus, you truly are dumb. Monumentally dumb. In which universe is there a version of me that doesn't know he broke the rules of his punishment? How did you deduce I was unaware of why he was banned?

I don't a **** about who you don't want at the club. You're not a rational person. You have imaginary friends, nothing you say can be trusted.

You tried to water down his dodgy activities by claiming plenty of others were caught up in the same web. However, I pointed out that only Flanagan went to the next level of arrogance and defied the sanctions imposed.

If you do indeed know this, but fail to see why that is an important distinction, then you've proven my point that your judgement is too impaired to make rational decisions about anything Shark related.

Active Now

• BroncoFan94
  • Mister Wright
  • Broncosgirl
  • Santa
  • bb_gun
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Fozz
  • GCBRONCO
  • winslow_wong
  • Johnny92
  • levikaden
  • Aldo
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.