Next Broncos coach

Who should it be?

• Total voters
so....what does this all mean if Walters gets passed over....again...?

Surely thats it, from all POV it would time to move on from this suprious narrative that Kev has a way back into the Broncos..

I mean, i cant think of another NRL club who has had serious desings on Walters as their head coach either so....

What is it they can see....but we cant....about this bloke...?

Last edited:
Than who are you proposing as a realistic candidate

seriously?

doesn't anyone read this thread before calling me out. there is a link to one of my several posts on the subject a few posts up from this one

Realistic candidates:
Kevin Walters
Paul Green
Shaun Wane
Jason Ryles
Peter Gentle
Shane Flanagan

Walters and Green speak for themselves (don’t like green but that’s where all the speculation is). Shaun Wane is very Cultural and Disciplined focused whilst Ryles is arguably the best assistant coach in the NRL. Peter Gentle has really impressed me and generally most assistants chuck their hat in the ring but he most likely won’t get it. Lots of people have proposed Shane Flanagan, I personally don’t agree but could definitely be worse (e.g. Pies).

seriously?

doesn't anyone read this thread before calling me out. there is a link to one of my several posts on the subject a few posts up from this one
Yeah I wasn’t having a go I was just curious but just saw it so all good... take a breath mate 🤦‍♂️

I think he has proven he can come into a club with a talented roster and get the most out of it.
2 to 3 years would be his limit but I belive he would do well here.
He showed he didn't trust the youngsters, he'll be fucked here. The guy is also a goose

(he was on the Cowboys board that hired Green as well).

In Ikin's defense, he didn't have Green's recent history as a point of reference. Ikin will want to win on the field, and he's smart enough to know that Green isn't the way to do that.

In Ikin's defense, he didn't have Green's recent history as a point of reference. Ikin will want to win on the field, and he's smart enough to know that Green isn't the way to do that.

62 624453 fingers crossed emoji 128 decal fingers crossed

Realistic candidates:
Kevin Walters
Paul Green
Shaun Wane
Jason Ryles
Peter Gentle
Shane Flanagan

Walters and Green speak for themselves (don’t like green but that’s where all the speculation is). Shaun Wane is very Cultural and Disciplined focused whilst Ryles is arguably the best assistant coach in the NRL. Peter Gentle has really impressed me and generally most assistants chuck their hat in the ring but he most likely won’t get it. Lots of people have proposed Shane Flanagan, I personally don’t agree but could definitely be worse (e.g. Pies).

you can take Gentle and Flanagan off that list.

Gentle has stated that he has no interest in a head coaching role ... i like being an assistant.

Flanagan is not eligible to be a head coach in 2021

you could probably add Fitzgibbon ... although he has stated he will see out his contract with the Roosters ... but the right oportunity could convince hime otherwise

Last edited:
Is there a particular reason why Kevie’s records when being head coach in club footy aren’t great? Injuries, suspensions players retired?

Is there a particular reason why Kevie’s records when being head coach in club footy aren’t great? Injuries, suspensions players retired?
We’re Catalans any good before he took over?
Just adding to your questions

Catalans weren't good prior to Robinson arriving and haven't been good since he left:

It's certainly alarming that Walters has the worst coaching record in the clubs history, but it was 10 years ago to be fair.

I get the impression that Kev would be too nice, very passionate, but not overly clever or strong-willed in his management style. I also believe that the old boys want him there so the ‘jobs for the boys’ motto is back in place, which he would succumb to.

Well, at least he gives good pressers: In the 2019 SOO Game 2 press conference, after the 38-6 flogging, he said:

"We were poor in a lot of areas tonight, I am not going to single out one player, even our kick off to start the game was shit. Across the board we just weren't in the game. It was everywhere. The kick-off fucking pissed me off. It didn't go far enough. They beat us up everywhere".

Now that's what we need Anthony.

Catalans probably had their best roster under Robinson. Dureau was excellent for them, Bosc probably had his best year of his career and Menzies and Casty were also good. On top of that they got plenty of points out of the likes of Greenshields and Pryce. I honestly cant say though if Robinson had much to do with their recruitment, but he got them all playing and they havent really had a squad as good since.

Well, at least he gives good pressers: In the 2019 SOO Game 2 press conference, after the 38-6 flogging, he said:

"We were poor in a lot of areas tonight, I am not going to single out one player, even our kick off to start the game was shit. Across the board we just weren't in the game. It was everywhere. The kick-off fucking pissed me off. It didn't go far enough. They beat us up everywhere".

Now that's what we need Anthony.
lol is this an actual quote? That’s great.

If I remember correctly potter had a decent team in 08 and Kevie 09, then he had a decent turnover in his second season. that was the problem with the dragons , being in France it was hard for them to hold onto their aussie recruits. Was a fad to go to France for a year or two and then to the stronger uk teams.

He showed he didn't trust the youngsters, he'll be fucked here. The guy is also a goose
I know him personally mate I can assure you he is no goose. How did you form this opinion???

Active Now

• RodF
  • marw
  • Stix
  • Rambstien
  • The Don
  • Brocko
  • Wolfie
  • Shane Tronc
  • Fitzy
  • Financeguy
  • mitch222
  • Old Mate
  • Rowdy124
  • Sproj
  • Bucking Beads
  • Lurker
  • Jazza
  • Mister Wright
  • I bleed Maroon
  • TwoLeftFeet
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.