Next Broncos coach

Who should it be?

• Total voters
Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
That was actually the third week of the finals.

I'm not entirely sure what happened with Kev in France. As somebody who barely keeps tabs on the Super League, it seemed like he barely qualified for the finals, went on a run and the Dragons ended up where most fans expected. Then they followed it up with a horrible season.

Oh really? The Catalans wiki says it was first week of the finals.

(You are correct though)

B

bazza

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2013
From all reports, Walters coached teams are very attitude focused. That's exactly what we need right now. Our attitude is lacking, and before our poor attitude gets engrained in the young guys, it needs to be addressed as soon as possible.

I'm also confident that with Walters in charge, our team will have its own identity and it's own playing style. We don't need to try and copy Melbourne, the Roosters or anyone else. We need to establish a style of play that is unique to the Broncos. Walters was one of the best attacking players in his prime, and I'm sure he would be able to get the team playing an attractive brand of football with plenty of attacking set plays.

I think Walters would be able to have a similar impact to what Ricky Stuart has had at the Raiders.

Gaz

Gaz

NRL Captain
Contributor
Oct 7, 2017

If you want to make a great movie you need Kevin Costner or Tom Hanks. If you want a great footy club you need this man. We’re the Broncos ffs - go and get the man.

Last edited:
S

Shane Tronc

QCup Player
Apr 7, 2018

If you want to make a great movie you need Kevin Costner or Tom Hanks. If you want a great footy club you need this man. We’re the Broncos ffs - go and get the man.

Sure went well last time we tried to get him

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008

Waterworld, The Postman ?

Must say though, The Untouchables was a fabulous movie, credit to Connery for elevating it so high.

IceWorks

IceWorks

NRL Player
May 10, 2019
Stuff Bellamy. The way he strung the clueless negotiators at the Broncs along last time I think he should have to apply for the job this time if he is interested, which it doesn't seem like he is. Not surprisingly.. I mean stop and think about it... Leave the Storm system to come to the Broncos system, same for CS9.. They would either have to be desperate or fancy themselves as a saviour figure.

Sacking the coach is a nice distraction from the other serious problems, kind of like using paint on a timber wall to hide structural termite damage.

The termites.

* The shambolic decision making and planning and negotiation fails.
* Culture
* Recruiting and roster planning
* Managers interests first and daylight second

Did I miss any?

Deal with those pests and then a clipboard holder will have something to work with!

Kooly87

Kooly87

NRL Captain
Jun 2, 2017

Mate, what are you trying to do, bankrupt the club???

Talk about outrageous, paying up to get the best Coach in the game would be utter financial suicide. Bellamy is just far, far too expensive for our meagre footballing budget (please ignore the fact that Melbourne manage to do it on around half the budget we have at our disposal).

Even if he would likely give us Premierships, sustained success, as well as long term establishing a culture of excellence that would probably make us the best club in the game again over time, there is just no possible way on Earth that our fragile purse strings could ever stretch that far to allow for his astronomical salary without putting the club into complete and utter financial ruin overnight.

Well, that's at least the prevailing view of a few people on here trying to justify why management didn't pay up to get Bellamy last time apparently...

Last edited:
Kooly87

Kooly87

NRL Captain
Jun 2, 2017
maybe if we sign Smith, otherwise he isn't coming no matter what we pay him
Here’s a novel idea: why didn’t we just ASK Bellamy directly how much he wanted to be paid to make it worth his while to come here?

As the premier Coach in the game he’s probably entitled to set his own salary demands, and it’s not like he hasn’t been around football clubs virtually all his life so he’s well aware of what is realistic to ask in the context of the football budget.

Perhaps that might have even been more effective than just deciding there is no sum on earth that would get him over the line?

The Strapper

The Strapper

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 21, 2015
Here’s a novel idea: why didn’t we just ASK Bellamy directly how much he wanted to be paid to make it worth his while to come here?
Don't think that is how he wanted to play it.
If we said that he would just say "no make me an offer" he only wanted to find out how much we thought he was worth so he could go back to the storm and say "this is what the broncos have offered me, so I'll stay if you give me X dollars"
The guy was never interested in coming and just wanted to use us to his advantage.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
would like walters as coach and make a play at bellamy for a director of football role with the club.
This could actually become reality when he comes back to Queensland, bringing bunn back would be huge aswell.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

As the premier Coach in the game he’s probably entitled to set his own salary demands, and it’s not like he hasn’t been around football clubs virtually all his life so he’s well aware of what is realistic to ask in the context of the football budget.

Perhaps that might have even been more effective than just deciding there is no sum on earth that would get him over the line?

there is a point where the negotiations will have to stop (especially for a publicly traded company) ... in our case the point probably came when we realised all he was doing was using our offer to get more cash out of the Storm

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Jeez Kevs pretty popular here

Unread

Active Now

• Maroon4life
  • Harry Sack
  • Ozired
  • broncsgoat
  • Bucking Beads
  • Huge
  • Aldo
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Robboi_321
  • Lostboy
  • HarryAllan7
  • mitch222
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.