Next Broncos coach

Who should it be?

• Total voters
Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Rightio. Had a look but didn't seem like there was much in it. Funny you know, I always thought WB was still with his wife when he met the new missus but it seems like his marriage ha been over long before then. Fucking media, probably my fault for not reading every article about the breakup because I didn't give a **** about it, wasn't my business. Everything I ever read portrayed WB as having deserted his wife and disabled children. He 'walked out on them to be with this 'blonde' seemed to be every headline.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
then he took the next step up and recorded a win record of 37%
Did you actually watch any sl back then ? The Catalan dragons were a joke, most aussie and kiwi recruits were on holiday. The rest of the team was made up of french numpties . Only later the better players started to go there and even then the local players weren't much chop , I wouldn't judge him to much on his stint there.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
At this point you’d think Walters would likely still Coach the 2020 series regardless of what the Broncos decide to do?

Be hard, Origin is over on the 18/11- well you'd probably be starting your pre-season that week if not before. Be difficult to plan Origin and go into your first NRL season.

I am not sure he could do both.

F

Ffs...

NYC Player
Jul 10, 2010
Be hard, Origin is over on the 18/11- well you'd probably be starting your pre-season that week if not before. Be difficult to plan Origin and go into your first NRL season.

I am not sure he could do both.
How do you think he'll go coaching Broncos?

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Kent raised a good point on NRL 360 about the yin and yang of coach's temperaments. If you look back at all of our coaches, we haven't had a single abrasive coach. Bennett, Henjak, Griffin & Seibold were all relatively softly spoken and rarely gave sprays. Walters will be much of the same. Perhaps Green is what we need, someone who isn't afraid to call players out for their attitude and efforts.

In an ideal world I would like Walters as head coach as the good cop and then a couple of highly decorated assistant coaches to be the bad cops at training. Not sure if Greeny would go back to being an assistant, probably not, but he'd be ideal.

Head Coach: Kevin Walters (Good Cop)
Assistant Coach: Paul Green (Attack) (Bad Cop)
Assistant Coach: Stephen Kearney (Defence) (Bad Cop)
Assistant Coach: Justin Hodges (Outside backs / Player welfare) (Good Cop)

Gaz

Gaz

NRL Captain
Contributor
Oct 7, 2017
Waterworld, The Postman ?

Must say though, The Untouchables was a fabulous movie, credit to Connery for elevating it so high.
I wasn’t 'Dancing with Wolves' today or under a a 'Yellow Stone'. I wasn't running with 'Forrest Gump' but you could rightfully say I acted like a 'Castaway' on my beloved Island home on the beach with truthfully not another human being within 10 km other than my dear wife.
Craig Bellamy please.

Last edited:
Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
Kent raised a good point on NRL 360 about the yin and yang of coach's temperaments. If you look back at all of our coaches, we haven't had a single abrasive coach. Bennett, Henjak, Griffin & Seibold were all relatively softly spoken and rarely gave sprays. Walters will be much of the same. Perhaps Green is what we need, someone who isn't afraid to call players out for their attitude and efforts.

In an ideal world I would like Walters as head coach as the good cop and then a couple of highly decorated assistant coaches to be the bad cops at training. Not sure if Greeny would go back to being an assistant, probably not, but he'd be ideal.

Head Coach: Kevin Walters (Good Cop)
Assistant Coach: Paul Green (Attack) (Bad Cop)
Assistant Coach: Stephen Kearney (Defence) (Bad Cop)
Assistant Coach: Justin Hodges (Outside backs / Player welfare) (Good Cop)

Hodges as the Good Cop? You havin a laugh mate?

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Hodges as the Good Cop? You havin a laugh mate?

Nah, I think he'd do it well. When he was playing he was definitely the bad cop, but off the field he's a good bloke and has good relationships with a lot of the players. I also think it's important to have an indigenous assistant coach. Not for any political agenda, but because it's important to have someone high up in the organisation that young indigenous players can relate to and really talk to. Plus, who better to be coached by if you're an outside back than Hodgo?

Gaz

Gaz

NRL Captain
Contributor
Oct 7, 2017
Here’s a novel idea: why didn’t we just ASK Bellamy directly how much he wanted to be paid to make it worth his while to come here?

As the premier Coach in the game he’s probably entitled to set his own salary demands, and it’s not like he hasn’t been around football clubs virtually all his life so he’s well aware of what is realistic to ask in the context of the football budget.

Perhaps that might have even been more effective than just deciding there is no sum on earth that would get him over the line?
Because - before, White and company could condone a meagrely average football team to grace Lang Park and still get 30K passionate fans to the game as well as TV exposure every Friday night.

So too the shareholders and sponsors came running.

Not so much anymore.

Now the world has caught up with his facade and so now and accordingly it’s time to do it properly.

Get Craig Bellamy.

Last edited:
Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
Nah, I think he'd do it well. When he was playing he was definitely the bad cop, but off the field he's a good bloke and has good relationships with a lot of the players. I also think it's important to have an indigenous assistant coach. Not for any political agenda, but because it's important to have someone high up in the organisation that young indigenous players can relate to and really talk to. Plus, who better to be coached by if you're an outside back than Hodgo?

Oh, no arguments here about him being on the staff and what he could bring. I'm just having flashbacks of him and Maranta haha. @Morkel , where's that pic?

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Foordy
  • john1420
  • broncos4life
  • Waynesaurus
  • Allo
  • Morkel
  • mitch222
  • Bucking Beads
  • azza.79
  • Gaz
  • bb_gun
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.