Next Broncos coach

Who should it be?

• Total voters
Yes, correct as the expanded and repeated explanations describe in detail. My first choice is not Gentle BUT Gentle and Flanagan, the combination with Gentle as FIGUREHEAD. This was explained. My first choice has always been Flanagan. Taking that in isolation is disingenuous and poor.

Fitzgibbon won't leave NSW or the Rooster (if he does leave the Roosters it will be as head coach of the Dragons)
Cronk won't leave NSW, the reason he left the Storm was to be close to his fiance
I'm not sure what Billy would offer as a coach
Kevvie would unite the club, but his coaching record leaves a lot to be desired ... in fact it is very similar to the bloke we just fired
Yeah ummm, I wasn't being serious.......

Yes, correct as the expanded and repeated explanations describe in detail. My first choice is not Gentle BUT Gentle and Flanagan, the combination with Gentle as FIGUREHEAD. This was explained. My first choice has always been Flanagan. Taking that in isolation is disingenuous and poor.
For a bloke who spends half his time here correcting minor details in other people's posts and the other half bellowing from the rooftops about how he can admit to being wrong you sure do a poor job of it. Hell, I looked up a pile of sources for Gentle not wanting to be a head coach in the hope of helping a fellow soul searching for knowledge, but instead of a "thanks I hadn't seen it" we get "well ACTUALLY I meant Gentle wouldn't really be head coach. He'd just be the sockpuppet of a multiply-convicted cheat who should be banned for life. He never said he didn't want to be that now, did he! Hah! I foiled your plot to trick me! I'm not wrong, I'm never wrong! By the way I'm really really good at admitting when I'm wrongg. Everyone else should be as good at admitting they're wrong as I am. Even though I'm never wrong."

Last edited:
Another benefit of bringing Kevvie in is that as origin coach he has a direct line to all of the Queenslanders in the development squad. If he moves to the Broncos he'll know which kids are the up and coming gems and would be able to make a play for a couple of them for us.

Not sure if anyone else just caught the pre-game show on Fox League, but Kevvie was on and was asked about his intentions regarding applying for the Broncos coaching role. I think it was Braith Anasta who asked the question "so Kevvie, where would you start in regard to fixing the problems at the club at the moment"? Now Kev's first response was, "the defence", which is the correct answer.

The thing was though, it is how Kev tried to articulate himself throughout the segment, He really just has trouble I feel articulating himself. He was sort of stumbling over his words and not really driving home any particular point he was trying to make. Doesn't mean he couldn't do the job, he is just not too good in the interview process I reckon, and that may be a big reason why he has never really impressed the panels for jobs he has applied for.

I am exactly the same in interviews and usually get so nervous I stumble and my words never come out how I want. Whereas someone like Seibs obviously has the gift of the gab and has no issue putting his thoughts into words that impress.

Last edited:
I'm not sure KW will win us a premiership, but then again we really can't have that near certainty outside of say Robinson or Bellamy, but like you I am convinced KW will be at minimum a step in the right direction.
And that's a certainty the players, sponsors, and fans all need right now.

I cant see a premiership in the next 3 years because of the damage that has been done but this bloke is right on the money IMHO.

Not sure if anyone else just caught the pre-game show on Fox League, but Kevvie was on and was asked about his intentions regarding applying for the Broncos coaching role. I think it was Braith Anasta who asked the question "so Kevvie, where would you start in regard to fixing the problems at the club at the moment"? Now Kev's first response was, "the defence", which is the correct answer.

The thing was though, it is how Kev tried to articulate himself throughout the segment, He really just has trouble I feel articulating himself. He was sort of stumbling over his words and not really driving home any particular point he was trying to make. Doesn't mean he couldn't do the job, he is just not too good in the interview process I reckon, and that may be a big reason why he has never really impressed the panels for jobs he has applied for.

I am exactly the same in interviews and usually get so nervous I stumble and my words never come out how I want. Whereas someone like Seibs obviously has the gift of the gab and has no issue putting his thoughts into words that impress.
I think you read that pretty well. I also got the feeling that he was trying to tread as lightly as possible and avoid any sniff of hubris. It is quite easy to say something that the media can pick up on and quote out of context which means he'd be pushing shit uphill before he even got into the interview processes. His closing remarks about letting everything settle over the next few days summed up the situation perfectly.

For a bloke who spends half his time here correcting minor details in other people's posts and the other half bellowing from the rooftops about how he can admit to being wrong you sure do a poor job of it. Hell, I looked up a pile of sources for Gentle not wanting to be a head coach in the hope of helping a fellow soul searching for knowledge, but instead of a "thanks I hadn't seen it" we get "well ACTUALLY I meant Gentle wouldn't really be head coach. He'd just be the sockpuppet of a multiply-convicted cheat who should be banned for life. He never said he didn't want to be that now, did he! Hah! I foiled your plot to trick me! I'm not wrong, I'm never wrong! By the way I'm really really good at admitting when I'm wrongg. Everyone else should be as good at admitting they're wrong as I am. Even though I'm never wrong."
Claim.Half his time. Reality, occasionally. The other half, bellowing. Your math's fucked. Helping another soul, nah, pointscoring. I knew Gentle had stated he didn't want the head coach role. I didn't need your 'help'. Didn't ask for it either. You are shit at admitting you're wrong.

He is probably being circumspect given he is a candidate.

Claim.Half his time. Reality, occasionally. The other half, bellowing. Your math's fucked. Helping another soul, nah, pointscoring. I knew Gentle had stated he didn't want the head coach role. I didn't need your 'help'. Didn't ask for it either. You are shit at admitting you're wrong.
Never change mate.

Unfortunately, I think Green will get the gig.
I don’t think the Broncos will go for a coach with limited/no NRL coaching experience.
I do agree that this side needs to be toughened up ALOT, Green may be able to bring that.
Add to the fact that if Ikin gets the CEO role, his close relationship with Green may also work in his favour.
I’d like to see Kevvy with Thorn as an assistant. Also I’d like to see Kearney, Hodges and Parker brought into the coaching group also, maybe not all of them, but at least a couple.
I think we are in for some bottom 8 finishes for the next 2 or so years, unfortunately.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I think Green will get the gig.
I don’t think the Broncos will go for a coach with limited/no NRL coaching experience.
I do agree that this side needs to be toughened up ALOT, Green may be able to bring that.
Add to the fact that if Ikin gets the CEO role, his close relationship with Green may also work in his favour.
I’d like to see Kevvy with Thorn as an assistant. Also I’d like to see Kearney, Hodges and Parker brought into the coaching group also, maybe not all of them, but at least a couple.
I think we are in for some bottom 8 finishes for the next 2 or so years, unfortunately.

Geez, wouldn't that piss the Broncos Old Boys off. More furious texting to the News Corp CEO

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.