Next Broncos coach

Who should it be?

• Total voters
This would be utterly humiliating for those involved with his sacking. Make it happen.
I would piss myself laughing if he came crawling back to do the job White and the board wanted him to do in the first place.

Morris and White won’t be here, you’d imagine other board members would go, if the people who knifed him are gone he’d come strolling back like Vince McMahon. I don’t want him to be coach, I think the ship has sailed and it’s Kevvies time but to have Wayne back in some capacity would be massive.

View attachment 9737
If you believe the part of Badels article that says Wayne would consider coming back as a coaching director... then you need to believe the part where he says that Morris has the full support of the major shareholder News Corp ... hence Morris is going nowhere

I would piss myself laughing if he came crawling back to do the job White and the board wanted him to do in the first place.
All they had to do was give him an extra year and he would have done it. Now we’ve been burnt to the ground it would hardly be crawling back mate. You’re so off on everything it’s hilarious.

It’s probably just Wayne trying to screw Ikin out of the CEO role. There’s no way Ikin and Wayne would work together based on their personal situation.
I didn’t think about that tbf

It’s probably just Wayne trying to screw Ikin out of the CEO role. There’s no way Ikin and Wayne would work together based on their personal situation.

Love politics.

As for the above post - can't have both by the looks of it, Ikin and Bennett ... lot of bad blood there. So who do the Broncos need, Ikin or Bennett?
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ne-Bennett-footy-legend-son-law-Ben-Ikin.html ... or ...

https://www.triplem.com.au/story/be...-sledge-he-received-from-wayne-bennett-161123

Then, there's Bennett and Morris. Another example of mutual exclusion? Bennett's revenge, the seed planted by Badel?

One dynasty foreshadowed as a possibility via the politics by media "leak" referred to above is, as one post here suggests:

Bennett Director of coaching,
Walters Head Coach ... and then ...

Jesus, Darbs as Backs Coach? https://www.westernstarnews.com.au/news/boyd-hints-at-coaching-move-as-broncos-deal-beckon/3205254/

After all, Darbs said in the media recently he wanted to hang around the club in some role ... and Wayne having said he'd happily take Darbs wherever he went.

Head spin. Good stuff to join dots on a sunny Sunday morning

Last edited:
Wayne coaching director
Kevie cosch
Ikin Ceo
Dream team
I agree.

Wouldn't happen though . . But I wish they could work together

Wayne is an ego maniac. And kevvie after finally getting his chance for his dream job surely wouldn't risk another situation where Wayne is tugging his leash.

From what I've put together also is Ikin wouldn't work with Wayne too I see?

But if you had Wayne roster managing and one on one mentoring at times with a clear contract to stay away from the coaching and tactical decisions it could work - but Wayne is Wayne. He can't be trusted with any contracts, agreements or his word.

But I back Kev. Just because he's the coach we need right now from a spiritual sense. No outsiders.

He'd better bring some fucking serious assistants. Defensive system needs building.. happy to see the attack struggle for half a year while we fix these blow out scorelines.

Also, I think the time is up for Milford but with Walters coming in Milford would be retained. I actually prefer Croft to Milford as crofts running game and effort far surpassed Milford's this year. Dearden and Croft could work but if we're overhauling everything I'd be dangling a carrot in front of Maloney to play 6.

its going to be a looong off-season once they announce a couch. the board are going to be on a hiding to nothing for those few months.

if they dont hire walters the NSWRL media will crucify them again and it will be non stop shit from the usual suspects of gordie and co.
if they do hire walters those same nsw media will be saying what a **** up it is to hire yet another untested coach.

this is going to be so painful for us fans and we will be copping it from all angles on social media about how piss weak we are and how we cant cop shit giving to us.

Funny thing is i truly dont think there has ever been a team and its fans cop as much scrutiny as we have this last year.

it is literally non stop from every media coverage there is. they are all giving there professional opinion on how it went wrong for us all while laughing the whole time.

Its sad that we have to endure more shit given to us then what even the sharks or storm had to deal with from breaking the rules.
The club deserves the scrutiny. I don't see the issue

I agree.

Wouldn't happen though . . But I wish they could work together

Wayne is an ego maniac. And kevvie after finally getting his chance for his dream job surely wouldn't risk another situation where Wayne is tugging his leash.

From what I've put together also is Ikin wouldn't work with Wayne too I see?

But if you had Wayne roster managing and one on one mentoring at times with a clear contract to stay away from the coaching and tactical decisions it could work - but Wayne is Wayne. He can't be trusted with any contracts, agreements or his word.

But I back Kev. Just because he's the coach we need right now from a spiritual sense. No outsiders.

He'd better bring some fucking serious assistants. Defensive system needs building.. happy to see the attack struggle for half a year while we fix these blow out scorelines.

Also, I think the time is up for Milford but with Walters coming in Milford would be retained. I actually prefer Croft to Milford as crofts running game and effort far surpassed Milford's this year. Dearden and Croft could work but if we're overhauling everything I'd be dangling a carrot in front of Maloney to play 6.
I have high hopes Milf will find his groove under Kev? The first and only thing any new coach needs to do is fix our D.
The attack will come but it sure helps if you're only have to score 12 to 18 points to win.

It gets thrown up that Kevin Walters inherited a good situation from Mal Meninga when he became Queensland coach. The truth is Walters did appoint his own staff and made some key decisions to put his own signature when he got the job. This point seems to get lost on a lot of people. Ironically one of those assistants he appointed was Seibold. Gus Gould has said there are great assistant coaches who don't necessary make great head coaches.

He also doesn't get enough credit for retooling the Queensland side after the team lost game 1 in 2017 after the team was looking stale. The team went on to deliver Queensland another series win when maybe it shouldn't have. Which suggests rebuilding isn't completely foreign to him.

Oh for sure. Seibold is actually an outstanding tactical coach - but that's the role of an assistant. He's a great assistant coach. And that's where he should stay.

The NRL have it all wrong with the way they run their coaching departments. It's all ego.

Certain personalities and strengths should stay as assistants 100%.

Hierarchy should be:

Head Coach / GM - responsible for making roster and positional changes, not as hands on, they're the CEO almost of the business parts of running the football team (AKA football manager)

Attacking Coach - building the attack and making strong cases for positional and roster decisions to the GM/HC. They run the team and how they play.

Defence Coach - gets those soft pussies who like to run their fancy plays in offence and teaches them how to stay focused and harden up to take others down. - Works in small groups one on one to build defensive combinations. Splitting the field up into 5 sections: back 3, ruck defence, middle defence with all FRF and hooker (combine with ruck D) and the two edges: half, back rower, centre & winger for both sides. All depth players would run drills as opposing players for all sections.

The head coach is also the man manager and gets them mentally fit.

Other hierarchy positions would remain the same, strength and conditioning (under the D coach) and skills / tactical coach (under A coach)

Active Now

• Skathen
  • bert_lifts
  • jtupu17
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.