Next Broncos coach

Who should it be?

• Total voters
Definitely Pangai. We need a Lock who knows how to offload, and he is just about the only one in this squad who can do so without handing the ball over.

If he had a passing game, TPJ would be ideal at lock. As it stands, I think his offloads on the edge, say to an outside back like Staggs are more effective than in the middle.

If he had a passing game, TPJ would be ideal at lock. As it stands, I think his offloads on the edge, say to an outside back like Staggs are more effective than in the middle.
I actually think TPJ has a good passing game, but he really needs to know when and where to do it.

He just needs to get his head screwed on right as he could be anything for us.

Edit: Missed Notice to Drop It

Last edited by a moderator:
Can we give the Cronulla talk a rest guys? I have no idea why this is still going all these years later. This thread is for the next Broncos coach. Flanagan is not a chance, so drop the conversation or take it to PM please.
Sorry, hadn't seen this. Dropped.

Can we please get Pat out of the lock position. He is a prop who can play lock, not a lock who can play prop. As for Bullemor, with the right development he could easily become a weapon in the edge. If he stays as a middle forward, he is always going to be a bench impact player imo. It suits his game far better than if he is a starter.

Our big issue is we need a Fullback, a five eighth and a hooker because none of ours are good enough ( unless Milf can hit some form )
You don't think Turpin is good enough? Are you serious? Turpin is an absolute gun, and will fight it out with Grant in the years to come for QLD and Aus jersey.

won't be much of a fight ... unless Grant is injured, Turps won't lay a glove on him
Time will tell. Turpin has been either injured or playing halfback in the last 2 years. People are forgetting just how good he is. He is a real hitter in defence and has crisp service.

Are you sure you have seen every game this year? Grant is MILES ahead of Turpin already.
Yeah he has had a way better year. Lucky that selections in the years to come isn't based off 2020. Grant should be QLD hooker this year.

You don't think Turpin is good enough? Are you serious? Turpin is an absolute gun, and will fight it out with Grant in the years to come for QLD and Aus jersey.

He isnt a gun. What a massive exaggeration of his ability. The only way he is playing for QLD in front of the likes of Friend, Grant and Mahoney is if they all get injured. I think that post of yours confirms what I have suspected.

He isnt a gun. What a massive exaggeration of his ability. The only way he is playing for QLD in front of the likes of Friend, Grant and Mahoney is if they all get injured. I think that post of yours confirms what I have suspected.
Friend is 30 and already showing signs of being well past his best.
Grant is a gun and will be a great player.
Mahoney I'm not sold on. Has been above average in a dominant side. Put him in the Broncos team and people would have a much lower opinion.

I love how certain you guys are about a guy like Turpin who has roughly 20 games to his name(Half of them at 7) and Grant with even less. This place appears to be an echo chamber of some rubbish opinions.

Mahoney I'm not sold on. Has been above average in a dominant side. Put him in the Broncos team and people would have a much lower opinion.

I love how certain you guys are about a guy like Turpin who has roughly 20 games to his name(Half of them at 7) and Grant with even less. This place appears to be an echo chamber of some rubbish opinions.
Call Haas overrated, say Turpin will compete for the Aus jersey.

Turpin is a decent player but he's miles off being a rep player. Grant would have to do both hamstrings to not get picked ahead of Turpin.

When Turps starts to run like Grant, taking on the line consistently, and selecting his passes, then he might become the gun you suggest. At the moment, except in defence, for mine, he is average, unlike Haas, who is a gun

Last edited:

But you said Grant is a gun and do is Turps based on few games, isn’t that exactly what you are accusing others of doing?

Active Now

• Midean
  • Mustafur
  • Lurker
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.