Next Broncos coach

Who should it be?

• Total voters
Settle down Mr "I fly business class". So seibold wasn't dally m coach of the year in 2018? And titans are in the finals? And and st Helens aren't top of the table without him?

I'm struggling to see where I'm not just talking facts, not hyperbole.

Have you gone through something recently in your life mate? You have seemed a bit down and overly keyboard "strong" the last few weeks. I get it feels good to try to overcompensate on an internet forum but you need to get back to living.

If you ever need to chat, I'm here for ya mate. Your mate Darius runs some good services too, I can still refer you even if I'm not an elite athlete (like darius)

I'm choosing to go with "confidence is silence" on Holbrook. ;)

Guys lay off Huge, he’$ a good bloke. If anything he brags about how little work he does to earn that money. I hope he remembers me sticking up for him. You WILL won’t you, @Huge?

Guys lay off Huge, he’$ a good bloke. If anything he brags about how little work he does to earn that money. I hope he remembers me sticking up for him. You WILL won’t you, @Huge?
I second this sentiment. For many, the internet and social forums are treated the same as real life, however, here as text what is said remains and can be analysed and interpreted over a longer period and without tone, body language and context. If @Huge had said that in real life, the response may have been the same, but may have been tempered with a friendly jibing tone, which would also affect his response. We are all Broncos or League fans and none of us are perfect. Some posters will rub you the wrong way, it's important to be aware that your own dealing and responding to them is just as important as their initial communication. I honestly try to read over my posts before I post them, but the impetus to be first, funniest or smartest or whatever often can be a reason for posting without careful consideration. I strongly recommend keeping in mind that tone is not conveyed well on the internet and an emoji or a /s or something can go a long way.

Also, long posts are more informative but also noone reads them so
TL/DR: Be excellent to each other. Station!

I second this sentiment. For many, the internet and social forums are treated the same as real life, however, here as text what is said remains and can be analysed and interpreted over a longer period and without tone, body language and context. If @Huge had said that in real life, the response may have been the same, but may have been tempered with a friendly jibing tone, which would also affect his response. We are all Broncos or League fans and none of us are perfect. Some posters will rub you the wrong way, it's important to be aware that your own dealing and responding to them is just as important as their initial communication. I honestly try to read over my posts before I post them, but the impetus to be first, funniest or smartest or whatever often can be a reason for posting without careful consideration. I strongly recommend keeping in mind that tone is not conveyed well on the internet and an emoji or a /s or something can go a long way.

Also, long posts are more informative but also noone reads them so
TL/DR: Be excellent to each other. Station!

TL/DR (just joking)

"We are all Broncos or League fans and none of us are perfect" is right. And thank god for that. Makes this place real. And real means, because we are all Broncos fans, we are passionate. We get angry, rubbed the wrong way and otherwise pissed off, sad, happy, joyful (well, maybe not this year), funny, and sometimes a bit cruel. We can and do get carried away, and banned, suspended, edited, can't be blamed for that, we're human, as you said, not perfect, and so, real. So yeah, I for one read over my posts, carefully, lest a certain grammar policeman picks up a typo, which is sad cos typos are fun, and therein hangs another tale, but we are not always rational actors in a Seibold spreadsheet but on here, we are, well, ourselves, which again is why this community is just that, and a fantastic one at that.

So, in summary, if you post shit, you deserve what you get

Last edited:
I'm choosing to go with "confidence is silence" on Holbrook. ;)
The funny thing is, I think he's a good coach. I got randomly singled out bcos I am not screaming his praises. All those things I pointed out regarding the situation so far are facts.

It's his rookie year in the NRL, I can't believe the praise he is getting considering whether just happened with our coach lol. I love it how people actually think they know how a coach's or even player's career will turn out based on 1 year like they have some special talent at spotting the good ones.

Things don't get easier after the 1st year, they get harder. People figure you out and target weaknesses of you or your team, you bump into people or players that get frustrated they aren't getting picked or don't believe in your ideas after a couple of losses, you need to adapt. This is when we find out about a coach or player, 2 or 3 years down the track. The hyperbole is ridiculous...

The funny thing is, I think he's a good coach. I got randomly singled out bcos I am not screaming his praises. All those things I pointed out regarding the situation so far are facts.

It's his rookie year in the NRL, I can't believe the praise he is getting considering whether just happened with our coach lol. I love it how people actually think they know how a coach's or even player's career will turn out based on 1 year like they have some special talent at spotting the good ones.

Things don't get easier after the 1st year, they get harder. People figure you out and target weaknesses of you or your team, you bump into people or players that get frustrated they aren't getting picked or don't believe in your ideas after a couple of losses, you need to adapt. This is when we find out about a coach or player, 2 or 3 years down the track. The hyperbole is ridiculous...
He is coming off a very low base, with a club and supporters starved off success, so what he has achieved is praiseworthy, but as you say far too early to be anointing him as a coaching miracle worker.

TL/DR (just joking)

"We are all Broncos or League fans and none of us are perfect" is right. And thank god for that. Makes this place real. And real means, because we are all Broncos fans, we are passionate. We get angry, rubbed the wrong way and otherwise pissed off, sad, happy, joyful (well, maybe not this year), funny, and sometimes a bit cruel. We can and do get carried away, and banned, suspended, edited, can't be blamed for that, we're human, as you said, not perfect, and so, real. So yeah, I for one read over my posts, carefully, lest a certain grammar policeman picks up a typo, which is sad cos typos are fun, and therein hangs another tale, but we are not always rational actors in a Seibold spreadsheet but on here, we are, well, ourselves, which again is why this community is just that, and a fantastic one at that.

So, in summary, if you post shit, you deserve what you get

Chat shit get banged?

I deleted a huge post here...because...meh.

I hope we try to be civil and make efforts to not intentionally troll too much. Better to shit-post.

Last edited:
He is coming off a very low base, with a club and supporters starved off success, so what he has achieved is praiseworthy, but as you say far too early to be anointing him as a coaching miracle worker.

Yes. Absolutely

Jesus had water, Holbrook has Taylor, and ours will have Milford ... and a few others that need raising from the dead, although fortunately, one gets buried on Thursday night, with full military honours and a spoon.

As someone wrote, "The happy do not believe in miracles". Says it all

Last edited:
Maybe we will go left field, Ignore green and Kevvie and appoint Brad Thorn. The old boys wouldn't go against him either.
He'd surely have to appreciate the relative job security given the precarious position domestic Rugby in Australia is in currently.

That said, if you're going to appoint Thorn then every reason you would have to justify it is the same or better justified by appointing Walters.

He'd surely have to appreciate the relative job security given the precarious position domestic Rugby in Australia is in currently.

That said, if you're going to appoint Thorn then every reason you would have to justify it is the same or better justified by appointing Walters.

They got a decent crowd to the GF last week...which was a cracking game I might add.

Jack Bird if fit. Lock is the position he wants to play and has the ball playing ability we need there. Carrigan plays like a prop, put him there...
We have struggled this year for yards, Bird at 13 would be worse. With his injuries, and size, I think his best bet to be an asset is as an edge backrower. Turn into a Wade Graham style player.

What happened to playing the ball, not the man?
V'landys changed that rule single-handedly and without warning. Post-again can be called by the single moderator in charge at random intervals for reasons which are poorly explained, or for no reason at all. Posters can challenge only one decision a day which will be decided based on a combination coin toss, blindfolded button-poking, the phase of Saturn's 83rd moon and joss sticks tossed by a Latvian neo-orthodox priest.

But then he blows all that money on those crazy multi’s

Dobbo (take it with a grain of salt) said he has spoken to someone high up at broncos and coach announcement will be late this week or early next week hahah

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • Broncosgirl
  • bert_lifts
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.