Next Broncos coach

Who should it be?

• Total voters
Maybe Kevvie is going to sabotage himself.

we're not in a position for our ROOKIE coach to also coach Origin

I think Kev is basically saying im not going to abandon my post so late before origin starts and rather see it out for this year because I owe it to the Maroons and not just look after his own self interests. He is the kind of man who puts others before himself in these situations

Well then he should be our first assistant picked, even before the head coach comes in if need be.

Yeah Henry was QLD Head Assistant coach from 2006 to 2009 and reportedly was the tactical nous/brains behind a lot of the teams' success. So whilst Mal was the man manager, Neil was responsible for much of the actual on-field coaching.

He would be ideal to mentor Kevvie and would be my first pick as assistant to replicate the role he had with that QLD SoO side..

Yeah Henry was QLD Head Assistant coach from 2006 to 2009 and reportedly was the tactical nous/brains behind a lot of the teams' success. So whilst Mal was the man manager, Neil was responsible for much of the actual on-field coaching.

He would be ideal to mentor Kevvie and would be my first pick as assistant to replicate the role he had with that QLD SoO side..

Completely agree.

couldn't agree more

If Lockyer is truly worthy of his position on the board, he should make sure we don't miss out on Henry.

Iirc Henry has said he's happy as an assistant, he gets to do the work he likes without the pressure or constant scrutiny a head coach attracts.
Nah pretty sure I said that, but waiting for a journo to pick it up and run with it 👍👍

Badel reporting on fox that Walters is favourite for the job. He thinks the board are going into the interview with kevie as number one choice and knowing in their hearts kevvie is the man and are using the interview as assurance. Kevie also from a commercial perspective is worth millions to the club as coach.

Hold on to your hats boys and girls its all about to unfold in the next week.

Badel reporting on fox that Walters is favourite for the job. He thinks the board are going into the interview with kevie as number one choice and knowing in their hearts kevvie is the man and are using the interview as assurance. Kevie also from a commercial perspective is worth millions to the club as coach.

Hold on to your hats boys and girls its all about to unfold in the next week.

...........nek minit - "Green appointed Broncos Coach on a 7 year deal" :vom:

Not sure if it has already been mentioned, but James Hooper saying Walters and Green will both front the entire board to be interviewed today and the announcement to be made soon. Also states both Kev and Donaghy are odds on for their respective positions applied for.

We might know the winner sooner than we initially thought, hopefully.

Last edited:
But...weren’t they waiting to appoint the new CEO before appointing the coach? These journos can’t keep their lies straight.

knowing in their hearts kevvie is the man
Loyalty is powerful but so is experience. Hope they use their heads as well. I have accepted it’s Kevin or Paul but struggling to come to terms with loyalty or experience. In this case my heart says Kevin but my head says Paul. With the Dolphins putting in and I'm hearing Wynnum, Souths and Sunshine Coast will be their feeders it has to be the correct decision. No room for sympathy votes our future is now on the line big time.

Yep, interviews to happen today.
Hopefully Kev over Green.
Get it done and let’s start building the ship that has turned to ashes.

But...weren’t they waiting to appoint the new CEO before appointing the coach? These journos can’t keep their lies straight.
I wonder if the incoming CEP candidates have had any input on the future coach

Not sure if it has already been mentioned, but James Hooper saying Walters and Green will both front the entire board to be interviewed today and the announcement to be made soon. Also states both Kev and Donaghy are odds on for their respective positions applied for.

The board is gonna put them both through an obstacle course with the final level being an arm wrestle in front of wally’s statue.

If white is also on this Melbourne cup panel you can bet they’ll get it wrong.

Unread

Active Now

• broncotville
  • NSW stables
  • davidp
  • Allo
  • Santa
  • Morepudding
  • broncs30
  • Hurrijo
  • Johnny92
  • Bish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.