NFL 2014/15 Discussion

Not sure if this is the thread for it, but have been playing competitive flag football the last couple of months, run by the Gold Coast Stingrays and I've had an absolute blast. So much so, that I'm thinking of heading down to play full contact for the Western Cougars this year. Anyone played before?

Wait you are playing Gridiron?? That is pretty awesome. I wanted to play but it is expensive and I don't know if Ivhave the time. Good Luck

I played gridiron for Browns Plains Bears for 2 seasons. It was great fun. We got to move around a bit and not just play one position so I played a bit of FB and TE, plus O-Line and D-Line. I got desroyed by big Maori blokes on the line. Haha

Wait you are playing Gridiron?? That is pretty awesome. I wanted to play but it is expensive and I don't know if Ivhave the time. Good Luck

Yeah I've been playing flag which is like oztag. But want to go down for full contact but like you said, it costs a lot and I don't know if I can afford it right now. The team I want to play for costs $500!

I played gridiron for Browns Plains Bears for 2 seasons. It was great fun. We got to move around a bit and not just play one position so I played a bit of FB and TE, plus O-Line and D-Line. I got desroyed by big Maori blokes on the line. Haha

Nice man. Are the dudes pretty big on the line?

Nice man. Are the dudes pretty big on the line?

Usually, yeah. It wasn't so much about fitness as it was about brute strength, but some teams were bigger than others. This is going back maybe 7 years ago though. I doubt they would put you on the line though if that's what you're worried about.

It's expensive, yeah. You have to buy/rent all your pads and helmet for the year, and sign on frees are/were a bit exxy - but it was so much fun.

I was considering going down to the Bruins this year but I think I'd get destroyed.

The Vikings had a great draft I think. SO many teams did really well. Pretty disappointed with the drafting of my team. Really feel that they didn't address the biggest need which was Left tackle.

I'm pretty happy with the Carolina draft actually, Beads! The NFC South is going to be hard to pick this year. Every team has problems that I don't think they necessarily fixed in the draft. The Saints could have used a decent receiving option, but if they truly are building a run-oriented offense and improve the defense they might get by with what they have. I do like the pieces the Saints added on defense, particularly Kikaha, who could be something special.

Yeah the Saints are going to be running a lot. They still have Cooks to throw the ball too. Ingram and Spiller will make a very good pairing out of the backfield.

Carolina don't seem interested in fixing their offensive line. They'd prefer to draft more linebackers.

Maybe they're holding out for La'el Collins.

That works for me if he gets cleared. We drafted one of his buddies last year in Trai Turner so it could be happening.

[Humblebrag]

Pretty excited to see a number of guys I've worked with at FAU get their shot in the league. D'Joun Smith is going to be sneaky good. His drive is unbelievable.

[/Humblebrag]

PS. has Hayne already booked his flight back to Parramatta? Mike Davis is a stud

[Humblebrag]

Pretty excited to see a number of guys I've worked with at FAU get their shot in the league. D'Joun Smith is going to be sneaky good. His drive is unbelievable.

[/Humblebrag]

PS. has Hayne already booked his flight back to Parramatta? Mike Davis is a stud

I saw that you retweeted D'Joun.. Pretty cool that you are over there being involved with players getting drafted for the NFL.

La'el Collins to the Cowboys. That hardly seems fair after they got Gregory cheap - could turn out to be one hell of a draft for them.

La'el Collins to the Cowboys. That hardly seems fair after they got Gregory cheap - could turn out to be one hell of a draft for them.

They won't make the playoffs anyway but yes it is bullshit. You know he is up to shady shit because he chose the Cowboys.

Unread

Active Now

• Griffo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.