NFL 2017 Discussion

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by mrslong, Mar 13, 2017.

Hey guys, remember how the last future HOF's backup went when he got his big contract?

[​IMG]

1. Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads International Captain

Yeah and he had more starts too.

2. Cult3

Cult3 State of Origin Captain

Sell me on the NFL. How will the Saints go this year? Who should I hate? Apart from that Colin Kaepernick douche.

3. Bucking Beads

I guess my question for you is why the hate for Colin Kapernick?

4. Cult3

He's a sook who likes to play the racism card when he's just a douche who nobody wants to sign. Reminds me of Anthony Mundine.

5. 1. It's great.
    2. Terrible. Last in their division. (sorry Cul)
    3. New England

broncos4life likes this.
  6. Clintos

Clintos NRL Captain

2/3 ain't bad I guess.

7. GKDonkey

GKDonkey NRL Captain

Well Packers made a good start, so I might follow NFL properly this year.

broncos4life likes this.
  8. Bucking Beads

You must have a redneck

9. Cult3

Excuse me? Instead of acting like every other SJW on the planet and jumping straight into insults, would you like to explain how a sporting organization with like 80% black people is racist? From what I know Kaepernick was already riding the bench before he started with this victim bullshit. The bloke isn't getting signed because he isn't marketable and he keeps doing and saying stupid shit. He was basically about to get signed and his girlfriend posted some shit about the teams bosses being slave owners. Even if the things he stands for had an ounce of truth (They don't, they're bullshit), he is a football player and that's what he used to get paid to do. Not whinge and bitch about the police and how everyone is against him because he's half black and can't afford to own 12 mansions. He's a disrespectful, curly headed ****.

10. Bucking Beads

So a guy who plays football can't have an opinion. OK.

11. Cult3

Anyone can have an opinion. But the thing with opinions is they're quite often wrong. If someone has a shit opinion then it's going to make them look bad and possibly mean they're without a job for a bit. Good debate by the way. Thoroughly enjoyed all of the excellent points you made.

12. broncos4life

broncos4life International Rep

To be fair I think Kaepernick being unsigned has more to do with him being a shit QB than it does with any stance.

Cult3 likes this.
  13. Clintos

Clintos NRL Captain

Kaep is a starting quality QB. No question. Teams just don't want the drama that comes with him - rightly or wrongly.

Wrongly IMO

Bucking Beads and Porthoz like this.
  14. Cult3

But why wrongly?

15. Clintos

Clintos NRL Captain

Without getting into a racial debate - he's standing up (or kneeling) for what he believes in. It was a quiet, public protest designed at sending a message. Unfortunately the only message that got through was the perception he isn't worth the potential bad publicity.

He's easily better than a number of starting QBs in the league right now, so the fact he can't even land a job as a backup is astounding.

Bucking Beads, Porthoz and GKDonkey like this.
  16. AndyB

AndyB NYC Player

Sure he is better than some Clintos but unfortunately he reached his peak during the 2013 playoffs.
    I was a massive fan of his mobile QB play but teams worked him out and my beloved 49ers were in self destruct mode.

17. Cult3

He opted out of the contract he already had, was about to sign with a team and his girlfriend tweeted that the teams owner was a slave owner. Can one person tell me why any team would want to be involved with negative press like that? Todd Carney might be the 17th best half in the game and yet he can't get a spot in the NRL. Why is that?

How many black football players were signed in the time Kaepernick has been unsigned? How is it racism and why am I redneck? Simple questions..

18. Clintos

Clintos NRL Captain

For sure. He was a beast in 2013 after Smith's injury. He declined, sure. His accuracy was never the best, but his off the cuff play was always great. The 49ers on the whole were on the decline - it didn't just rest on his shoulders.

Coach change after coach change, trying to get him to learn new systems and trying to make him a pocket passer - it was never going to work.

Would he be a top 10 QB? No - definitely not. He certainly should be rostered though - and that's the issue here IMO.

Porthoz and AndyB like this.
    It's pretty crazy that he's been blackballed by the NFL and yet a player like Jay Cutler can pick up a cold $10 million as a backup at Miami.

To be fair, the controversy surrounding Kap predates the public protest and while that's taken it to a new level, there were folks who made their mind up on him long before. It has nothing to do with race and to be honest he's not the only QB in the NFL who plays the race card.

How about them Saints, Cult? Drew Brees shown up by Sam Bradford, I would be pumping my chest, but this is the Saints away from the Superdome in the opening month of the season...it's like taking candy from a baby. Biggest talking point of the night centred on AP and how he would go against his old team. Unfortunately for AP he only managed 18 yards as he got to watch Dalvin Cook break one of his franchise records.

Broncos/Chargers was heading the exact same way, until Denver turned the ball over and gave Rivers a shot late. The Chargers just about forced OT until YoungHoe Koo had his field goal (his second, with the first being successful but ignored due to a crafty time out) blocked by one of the Broncos defenders.

That's sort of the NFL in a nut-shell. It can be all one way traffic with the games just chugging along then out of nowhere the entire course of the game can change. I still can't get over the Patriots/Falcons Superbowl...I still don't know how Atlanta fans pick themselves up after that.

FYI would hate to be a Saints fan this weekend. Hosting the Patriots after New England let a game slip...yikes.

Cult3 likes this.