Nines / Trial Games

We are up 18-6

The Broncos app is providing me score updates

Half time:

Broncos 18 - Capras 6

Try scorers: Reuben, Pangai, Kenner. 3/3 conversions to Gamble.

A major part of the modern fullback is "ball playing", coming into the line etc.
I haven't seen Isaako do any of this, and if anybody can show me he can then I'd be happy to see it.
It just seems to me without that ability, plays would seem a bit disjointed.

Ball playing? Hell, I’d settle for him being a good consistent support runner and be ‘solid’ out the back, but even that seems to much to hope for. He doesn’t seem to know when to run or when to pass, in addition to his defensive issues.

Add in his ball catching problems and I really don’t see how anyone at the Broncs are seeing him as a fullback. He struggles to defend, catch, ball play or act as a support runner and this screams ‘fullback’ to someone within the organisation???

I know I‘m coming off pretty hard on the guy, but I’m just stating what I see. I see him continually miss tackles and / or be out of position when he is needed. I see him continually dropping the ball. I see him continually flat-footed and rarely going looking for work. He seems like a nice guy, but where is his improvement as a player? All I see is him going backwards at a rapid rate.

Okay... 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Who’s playing in the halves for us?

Isaako kicked 2/2 difficult kicks and scored a try against the Storm.
He doesn't get to take drop goal conversions in the NRL ... And that was a typical wingers try, if he scores one by being in that position on the field in the NRL (if he plays fullback) he is miles from where he should be ...

P.s. why couldn't he stay on the wing like that the previous two seasons

Cant understand why we picked the Capras to play in a trial. They were literally the worst side in ISC last year. Never going to be a test.

Cant understand why we picked the Capras to play in a trial. They were literally the worst side in ISC last year. Never going to be a test.

The club needs all the confidence they can get though. Imagine if they lose to the capras...

Stopped watching the nrlw nines. 3 penalties in a row and "strip" that never left the hands of the broncos player. Pretty obvious the nrl want the broncos to lose a little so the comp feels more even. Giving the dragons salary cap dispensation isn't enough I suppose

Normally wishing injury on a player is very much frowned upon, but I'm sorry, I can't pretend this news wouldn't put a smile on my face.

oh i agree 100%, I dont wish ijnury upon anyone, well except maybe Luke O'Donnell.

Last edited:

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • sooticus
  • Dash
  • Aldo
  • lynx000
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • Harry Sack
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Broncosarethebest
  • marw
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.