NNN's Cricket Tales

Why do you think I mentioned it? Because I"m a massive fan of the show?

No one cares how we went?

I care.

SO MUCH! I planned to drove all the way to Newy to watch it live but I got arrested at Goldie because I don't have a licence and apparently Golf Carts aren't allowed on the highway.

Fozz said:
I care.

SO MUCH! I planned to drove all the way to Newy to watch it live but I got arrested at Goldie because I don't have a licence and apparently Golf Carts aren't allowed on the highway.

[icon_lol1.

Well FWIW, here's how the game went:

We lost the toss, so Beresfield decided to bowl first, knowing that we don't have a very strong batting lineup.

My mate opened, he's been in bloody dreadful form. Last five scores before today were 7, 0, 0, 3, 13. He got 63. Was a beautiful innings. Timed everything superbly. No overly hard hitting, just some brilliant strokes. Was delighted for him. Set us a great platform.

Next best score was 28*, then yours truly with 27...including a booming six. :mrgreen:

So, at the end of our 35 overs, we were 9/169. A pretty good score in most matches, but Beresfield have the best batting side in the comp. They've torn pretty much every team to shreds when batting.

They had one extremely devastating fella who we really wanted to get early. Didn't want to give him a start. He made 67 against us last time, and his average over the course of the season was 46.4.

So, third ball of their innings, i've pitched it just outside off-stump, nipped back into him, he gets a lovely edge, slip drops it!!! I was devo, so i decided to bowl him with an in-swinging yorker a few balls later, sent him on his way for a massive score of 6.

Our captain then took two quick wickets to have them on the back foot, but one of their fellas was in great touch, ended up making a 50. He held it together for them, and they were starting to get on top.

Skipper brings me back into the attack, and brings on the fella who got 63 up the other end, for some off-spin.

He takes 3 for off 4.2 overs, and i take a hattie, finished up with 4 for off 10 overs. Berro were all out for 152.

WE'RE IN THE GRAND FINAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

Also, sorry if i sound full of myself, just taking the piss. icon_smile

Watch station will the GF be screened on NNN, surely it is worthy

Yeah, I might not be able to get the Golf Cart out of the impound in time.

Here's a special treat guys. Another Warners Bay team was washed out, so they came to our game to provide some jovial support. Created a cracking atmosphere.

Anyway, one of the fellas in their team occasionally takes some photos of all the action, and he managed to capture some of our match!

Here's one of me about to face my first ball:

IMG_0385.JPG

:mrgreen:

Yes there is a man on a bicycle in the background. There are three fields there, so he would have been on one of the other grounds. No idea what he was doing haha.

Do you prefer glasses to contacts when you play sport? I would be packing it playing in glasses with no helmet but I was a pretty defensive opening batsman in my day.

The Gymp said:
Do you prefer glasses to contacts when you play sport? I would be packing it playing in glasses with no helmet but I was a pretty defensive opening batsman in my day.

Nah mate, balls of steel. :mrgreen:

But i have two separate pairs of glasses. One normal pair that i wear most of the time, and then another pair that have polycarbonate lenses and a flexi-frame, so they're near impossible to break. If they get hit, the lenses just pop out without breaking.

Polycarbonate hey........did you get them from Cloud City?

The Gymp said:
Polycarbonate hey........did you get them from Cloud City?

Gotta watch out for that carbon chamber...one wrong step and you end up hanging on a wall in Jabba's palace.

So, grand final tomorrow.

The team we are playing have a gun left-arm bowler. Swings it back into the right-hander, which caused a bit of trouble for us last time we played them.

So what i've done today, is paint one half of some old balls i have, to replicate the swing this fella gets. I couldn't be bothered buying a new ball, so i used paint. :mrgreen:

Heading down to the nets for training this arvo, i'll bowl around the wicket to give everyone an idea of how he bowls.

I should be coaching Australia. [icon_razz1

About to leave for the game guys.

Wish me luck!

Good luck, Ningers! Take a wicket for the gipper.

Well, we lost.

Ended up getting 5 for, bit devo at the moment, post a bit of a rundown tomorrow.

Active Now

• broncs30
  • bb_gun
  • Culhwch
  • Financeguy
  • TimWhatley
  • Spoon
  • Manofoneway
  • Aldo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Big Del
  • azza.79
  • Xzei
  • Foordy
  • Stix
  • FACTHUNT
  • Sproj
  • BroncosMan
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.