Not a happy club

This is what political parties do when they want to appear to be doing something whilst achieving nothing.

Looks like the Bulldogs have made more progress in the last month than we have.

This is what political parties do when they want to appear to be doing something whilst achieving nothing.

Looks like the Bulldogs have made more progress in the last month than we have.
I used the same comparison yesterday but when I think about it logically maybe they’re not such a good example.

The bulldogs paid huge overs for a winger, one who immediately dropped in form. Signed a 34 year old over the hill half who just did his acl, overpaid for Roosters rejected young halfback, and are trying to pay big dollars for JAC to play fullback.

They’re making moves but I don’t know if they’re good ones. Maybe doing nothing is better

I don't really rate the Bulldogs signings thus far, except I do think Cotric will still be a gun. I disagree that doing nothing is better though. Maybe for teams that made the grand final, but Bulldogs would likely win the spoon next year if they kept the same team.

Cotric, Grant and any other player who publically admits they’re Broncos fans should be playing for us. The moment they say that they’re basically asking for us to offer them a contract. Cotric isn’t a Queenslander but he grew up loving us and that’s the sort of shit we used to rely on. Not players who are here for a contract and a pay day but people who love the club and what it’s about.

Our offers should be fair, but if we need to offer anywhere near a million for anyone we are doing the wrong thing. If they want to play for the Broncos then they will. Costs less to live here as well. We need to start taking advantage of these bullshit advantages people claim we still have

I don't really rate the Bulldogs signings thus far, except I do think Cotric will still be a gun. I disagree that doing nothing is better though. Maybe for teams that made the grand final, but Bulldogs would likely win the spoon next year if they kept the same team.
Where do you think we will land next year given we have made no signings, lost quality and already ran last?

I honestly can't see it, we have new coach that's it. We haven't tried to improve our squad yet and running very short of time to bring in anyone. We haven't tried to improve our trainer's, even though we looked unfit all year and had constant injuries. We are only looking at money side of things not out team itself. We will be lucky to not be bottom 4.
much better than this year

Where do you think we will land next year given we have made no signings, lost quality and already ran last?
There are too many variables to answer that question with any degree of accuracy, however:
A. If we have better luck with injury, particularly to our key position players; and
B. They show up fit and have a good pre-season; and
C. They start playing for each other and for the coach; and
D. The coach is able to implement some attacking and defence structures and the players actually apply it and stick to it, then:

we will be no where near the wooden spoon.

To paraphrase Mark Twain, I think the reports of our death have been grossly exaggerated. This squad still has talent and a heap of potential, and I think Kevvie is far closer to the right type of coach to unlock that than the last spud was. I can't see us not being competitive in 2021, even if we don't make any splashy signings this off-season, and that would then set us up well for 2022.

Broncs definitely need to make changes too, for the exact same reason.
I do think we would have finished higher than the Dogs this year if we didn't get absolutely hammered with injuries.

My concern isn’t a lack of new recruits. Although we surely need them, we still have a decent squad as is. My concern is if inaction leads to us losing what little talent we do have (again).

I honestly can't see it, we have new coach that's it. We haven't tried to improve our squad yet and running very short of time to bring in anyone. We haven't tried to improve our trainer's, even though we looked unfit all year and had constant injuries. We are only looking at money side of things not out team itself. We will be lucky to not be bottom 4.

injuries and coaching killed our season this year. we've made the change on one, hopefully, the football gods smile on us on the other.

besides, I would have thought this was your ideal team ... a bunch of inexperienced, but talented rookies

Last edited:
I reckon we will be surprised how much better the team performs under Kev, he has enormous cred as a player and although he has not been a head coach in the NRL, he has worked with two of the most successful coaches in the NRL, also his coaching record in his 4 origin series 50% win percentage is better then Bellamys 3 origin series 22% win percentage .

Kev is also a decent human and a good bloke and is the Broncos, he won't make knee jerk decisions, he will assess things first and then make a considered decision, I say lets just support him and see how it goes

Just sacked their GM Steve Price.

Last edited:
All this messing around for this review is a joke. Should have been done weeks ago. Imo, we do need to take a horses for courses approach to 2021. There were plenty of solid players on the market that would have been ideal for 12 months contracts to help steady the ship and we have missed them. We still imo have a quality pack of forwards, but the backs are a mess. With Staggs out, we basically are relying on Bird and probably Herbie for the centers. We dont have a decent fullback and our wingers are either shadows of what they used to be ( Oates ), erratic kids or Richie Kennar.

All this messing around for this review is a joke. Should have been done weeks ago. Imo, we do need to take a horses for courses approach to 2021. There were plenty of solid players on the market that would have been ideal for 12 months contracts to help steady the ship and we have missed them. We still imo have a quality pack of forwards, but the backs are a mess. With Staggs out, we basically are relying on Bird and probably Herbie for the centers. We dont have a decent fullback and our wingers are either shadows of what they used to be ( Oates ), erratic kids or Richie Kennar.
And so it continues.

Active Now

• Griffo
  • Mr Fourex
  • Tim K
  • MrMoore
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bucking Beads
  • Manifesto
  • Foordy
  • Fozz
  • Fitzy
  • Sproj
  • Galah
  • thenry
  • GCBRONCO
  • Big Del
  • Rambstien
  • FACTHUNT
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.