VOTE Now that the Broncos are out, who are you backing to win the 2021 premiership?

Now that the Broncos are out, who are you backing to win the 2021 premiership?

• Total voters
I was all aboard the move on from Bennett train but man we screwed it up so bad, this cannot be argued. Wayne would have had us competitive and likely playing finals still so that sucks that we fell so far but I don’t think we would have been contenders still.

Regardless, the decision majorly backfired and we came out looking like morons. I still don’t think the real part of the issue is being fully highlighted. We pushed out a guy who is a club legend and had a year to run on contract, we should have honoured that and we should never have chased Bellamy, he was never coming. To then offer a 6 year deal complete with player option essentially to Seibold was just abysmal decision making and as soon as he cracked under pressure before he even got to Red Hill, well the writing was on the wall. The rest is a very sad history.
Well said! I remember him even wanting an extra year to help bring in all the new players we had and then passing it on to Demetriou. We had a bunch of gun players coming through and decided Seibold would do a better job guiding them them then Bennett...

Well said! I remember him even wanting an extra year to help bring in all the new players we had and then passing it on to Demetriou. We had a bunch of gun players coming through and decided Seibold would do a better job guiding them them then Bennett...

We don't lose Fifita, Nikorima or McGuire. Who knows Sam Walker or Walsh would have gravitated towards signing with the Broncos. He loves working with the forwards - and he relished the prospect of rearing the next gen through in Haas, Flegler, Riki, Bullemor, and the like.

But now his taking a bunch of no names in Tatola, Nicholls, Koloamatangi, & Host to their first GF.
Our young pack, would be destroying these Souths guys for years to come but here we are...

Stupid fucking Broncos board!!!

I can definitely understand the notion that the club needed to move on from Wayne at some stage. He's been there since day one and we needed to move out of his shadow because one day and it will be a sad day, wayne will no longer be around.

However in saying that, was totally cutting ties with him the way to do it? Or should we have adapted his sucession plan which kept him in the club to some extent allowing him to offer advice where required and mentorship to the younger players.

At the end of the day, were Brisbane really going that bad when we punted wayne? Sure we looked shitty in stages but remember this same rabbits also got 56 put on them this year and look where they are now.

I firmly believe Broncos admin planned to keep wayne in the club in some capacity. But they were blinded by Siebold and their ego's got the better of them. They thought this guy was the next super coach and had vision's of him taking us to 3 premierships while Wayne slipped away into non-relevance. White and co already had themselves pinned as masterminds behind bronco's dominance which they were positive would come. Failure was something they never considered.

Nothing chnages the fact that our administration is 100% to blame for getting us into this position. Throwing a 5 year deal at an unproven coach should see the decision makers banished from high profile roles for life.

It was very clear the club needed to move on from Wayne.

What happened in 2018 and how it all played out in the media was a disgrace and Wayne was just as guilty as the board. They were both playing each other and both guilty of using dirty tactics. There wasn't ever going to be peace and you just can't have that. The board, the coach, the players, EVERYONE needs to be on board otherwise shit is just going to go downhill and that's what happened.

Regardless of the outcome, the club made the right call sacking him.

Keep in mind, Bennett is the one responsible for Milford getting a $1 million contract and Boyd taking up a large chunk of our cap and leaving us in a fucked position for years because of these decisions. He had 4 years at the club and he wasn't getting the results the club wanted from him.
It really wasn't.

Wayne simply responded to being fucked over, mostly because he's not a bitch who lays down and cops things. The board were in the wrong and were unprofessional in the way they did things. They needed to work professionally with Bennett to move on peacefully. There's no justifying how the club did this and Bennett is proving them, not us, the club and those who were in charge even more wrong than they already were. The club needed to move on from that particular board more than anything else. They destroyed us.

Yay Manly are gone I no longer have to feel guilty backing them in the finals even if it was just the first few rounds.

So if south’s win the premiership, does Reynolds come here with a hangover or would he still have the fire to take broncos to the next level? Is it better he loses the grand final?

If we're being honest, TPJ should be out for that elbow on Welch but I don't even think he as reported for it.

My god I've waited so so long for what i witnessed today to occur.

For Melbourne to actually look vulnerable, to drop a ball that shouldn't be dropped, ruin an absolute sitter of a try, miss easy tackles, kick the ball out on the full.

For them to finally be like every other team in the comp and look human and have a shocker makes me so happy.

I won't be satisfied until they loose a first round game (for the first time in how many years) and get 50 put on them during the season. Highly unlikely but man i hope tonight was a sign if things to come for the storm.

I was all aboard the move on from Bennett train but man we screwed it up so bad, this cannot be argued. Wayne would have had us competitive and likely playing finals still so that sucks that we fell so far but I don’t think we would have been contenders still.

Regardless, the decision majorly backfired and we came out looking like morons. I still don’t think the real part of the issue is being fully highlighted. We pushed out a guy who is a club legend and had a year to run on contract, we should have honoured that and we should never have chased Bellamy, he was never coming. To then offer a 6 year deal complete with player option essentially to Seibold was just abysmal decision making and as soon as he cracked under pressure before he even got to Red Hill, well the writing was on the wall. The rest is a very sad history.
It can be argued.... Because the mess was already created by Wayne and the way the salary cap looked when he was there.

We are only now just starting to be free of his squad and writing those wrongs.

Thanks Benny Ikin

We don't lose Fifita, Nikorima or McGuire. Who knows Sam Walker or Walsh would have gravitated towards signing with the Broncos. He loves working with the forwards - and he relished the prospect of rearing the next gen through in Haas, Flegler, Riki, Bullemor, and the like.

But now his taking a bunch of no names in Tatola, Nicholls, Koloamatangi, & Host to their first GF.
Our young pack, would be destroying these Souths guys for years to come but here we are...

Stupid fucking Broncos board!!!
What a crock of shit haha

Oh yeah? And with that spine?

My god I've waited so so long for what i witnessed today to occur.

For Melbourne to actually look vulnerable, to drop a ball that shouldn't be dropped, ruin an absolute sitter of a try, miss easy tackles, kick the ball out on the full.

For them to finally be like every other team in the comp and look human and have a shocker makes me so happy.

I won't be satisfied until they loose a first round game (for the first time in how many years) and get 50 put on them during the season. Highly unlikely but man i hope tonight was a sign if things to come for the storm.
I think that the game showed how important Welch and smith are to them. Welch doing the 1 percenters and smith's energy and quick play the balls.

it also highlighted that they no longer have a game manager to grind out tough wins. Yes, If they get an early lead and score lots of points you can get by with their current halves but in their closer matches this year, they have struggled.

I think that the game showed how important Welch and smith are to them. Welch doing the 1 percenters and smith's energy and quick play the balls.

it also highlighted that they no longer have a game manager to grind out tough wins. Yes, If they get an early lead and score lots of points you can get by with their current halves but in their closer matches this year, they have struggled.
I do really wonder if Bellamy may now put more value on BSmith than Harry

I think Harry is the more talented player, but BSmith is so much a Bellamy player now and just brings so much to the system that he implements.

BSmith with any hooker works for Bellamy... Smith starts and takes advantage of quick ptb or attacking plays inside the 10m, and basically plays out at least 50mins. When he needs a break he brings on whichever hooker Bellamy has in reserve for about 15-20mins, then bring BSmith back on.

With Harry, BSmith starts but Bellamy probably wants Harry on after about 30mins... and then Harry plays out the game at hooker. BSmith then gets brought back on as a lock to rove around the middle and create quick ptb.

When it's Harry on his own I think Bellamy is a bit more limited... which may not sit well with him as I think BSmith has shown just how much he can bring to his system.

BSmith is not only a mobile lock who generates quick ptb, but he can also be a dynamic hooker that creates tries and consistently operates at 110%.

I get the feeling BSmith is more important to Bellamy's system than Harry... although if Bellamy only had Harry to work with he would obviously be able to use him.

But if Bellamy does view BSmith as more valuable than Harry, then Harry very much does become available

Active Now

• Jazza
  • Culhwch
  • Fatboy
  • Harry Sack
  • bb_gun
  • broncsgoat
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncosgirl
  • Fitzy
  • Santa
  • Lurker
  • The Don
  • BroncoFan94
  • Strop
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.