VOTE Now that the Broncos are out, who are you backing to win the 2021 premiership?

Now that the Broncos are out, who are you backing to win the 2021 premiership?

• Total voters
I didn't think I'd get behind them but I am on the Souths bandwagon.

Seeing them beat Penrith (who carry on like a bunch of flogs, particularly Luai), also with Reynolds coming here next season.

I couldn't get on the Titans bandwagon, it doesn't matter to me they were the only QLD team in the finals, I hate the pricks.

Just reading above, Melbourne definitely got more than they lost through their systematic cheating, they were able to retain 3 of the very elite players (2 of them in Slater and Smith will each go down as one of the very best in their respective positions, if not the best).

Without the salary cap cheating I don't think they keep that trio together and if you take just one of those players out of that team it certainly changes things quite a bit. They should have been made to start from scratch, Bellamy is a great coach and he knows he can build a team around 2-3 genuine stars. He was able to keep those players at the club as a result of the blatant cheating of the cap. If they have a bad period in there after losing those key players is Bellamy still their coach? That obviously changes things a lot.

I'll never be convinced that the coach or the players didn't know (especially the players).

Just reading above, Melbourne definitely got more than they lost through their systematic cheating, they were able to retain 3 of the very elite players (2 of them in Slater and Smith will each go down as one of the very best in their respective positions, if not the best).

Without the salary cap cheating I don't think they keep that trio together and if you take just one of those players out of that team it certainly changes things quite a bit. They should have been made to start from scratch, Bellamy is a great coach and he knows he can build a team around 2-3 genuine stars. He was able to keep those players at the club as a result of the blatant cheating of the cap. If they have a bad period in there after losing those key players is Bellamy still their coach? That obviously changes things a lot.

I'll never be convinced that the coach or the players didn't know (especially the players).
Bellamy is a very good coach, but his record in Origin places serious question marks on whether or not he is great.

He has everything exactly how he wants it in Melbourne, which is why he’ll never go to another club.

And for mine, there is no way their cheating years, or their continued cheating tactics, haven’t contributed to their ongoing success.

Their questionable, bordering on criminal at times, tactics have contributed a great deal to making rugby league the terrible product it is today. I really can’t stand them.

I don’t think origin should define a coach. If he was exclusively origin coach or even had the opportunity with this era of players, it would be a different outcome, I believe.
Agreed. If it's true that he's a crazy **** with attention to detail, personalized video sessions for each player etc etc, then Origin camp just isn't enough time to get players to buy in. It's most likely more a light tactical plan and plenty of motivation - and some coaches are better motivators than others.

If he had them every week for a year, I suspect Bellamy would be cleaning up in Origin too.

I don’t think origin should define a coach. If he was exclusively origin coach or even had the opportunity with this era of players, it would be a different outcome, I believe.
This sort of supports my point though.

He couldn’t get it done in 3 consecutive seasons (if three seasons with the best players NSW has to offer isn’t enough to sink his claws into, what is?) when he had an inferior team, but not a team of absolute nobodies (he had Hayne, Gasnier, Snake, the other Stewart, Bird, Buderus, Mason, Gallen etc., a lot of which where mainstays in the Australian team). The difference was, the great players he had at club land were on the other side of the field.

I’m not even remotely a Bennett fanboy like some, but look at what he did last year. A team that most considered to be the worst Origin team ever up against probably the second best Origin team ever compiled.

Unless Bellamy tests himself in a different environment, there should (will) be an asterisk against his coaching record. And that’s not including the actual asterisk against his coaching record.

I said to a couple of blokes at work last week that Reynolds is going to win two consecutive premierships in two different jerseys in the next 13 months. They had a good chuckle.

I reminded them today that we are clearly still on track for this. Can't wait to get the bloke here and taking these kids to the next level.

I don't legitimately expect a premiership next year. I also don't expect Souths to take it this year. But I didn't expect them to beat the Riff sans Latrell either so you never know...

Unread

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • Lazza
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Dash
  • Gaz
  • theshed
  • Broncosgirl
  • Allo
  • Justwin
  • Socnorb
  • LittleDavey
  • ivanhungryjak
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.