VOTE Now that the Broncos are out, who are you backing to win the 2021 premiership?

Now that the Broncos are out, who are you backing to win the 2021 premiership?

• Total voters
Fifita scoring a hatty in the GF.

Sarcastic Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

I’ve convinced myself to go with Parra for two reasons:

They get the monkey off their back and can go back to being shit again

and it allows Sterlo to call a Parra GF win and he can retire on a massive personal high. The guy deserves it

I know it means **** Gutherson and Bitchell Moses win a ring, but there’s a lot worse players to have won one

Overall I still don’t really care, but if the above happened, I’d be ok with it

Yep ideal situation is both storm and panthers knocked out in straight sets.

Either the Eels or titans to win so there is one less fairytale in front of a the broncos turn for a fairytale premiership.

By my count that will be in about 12 years when "future immortal Hass finally gets premiership ring".
Haas will be long gone if it takes till then. I have used a number of formulas to determine when the Broncos will next hold the title as champs. The current model says 2039 with Matt Lodge as head coach.

Sorry all. My intention for 'who are you backing', is meant to be who will you be going for. While logically Penrith and storm are favourites, I'll be rooting for souths and manly.

For those who can, feel free to edit the question :)

Genuine question to the folks who voted Storm.....
Did you think the poll was who you think will win the premiership? Or who do you want to win the premiership?
Because if it's who you think will win I understand the high votes, but if there's actually people, genuine Bronco fans, who want Melbourne to win, I just don't get it.
The only thing I can imagine is;
A) they didn't live through the cheating years, or
B) they are looking only at the current year and ignoring history

Can anyone help me understand this lunacy?
The way it's worded is absolutely open to interpretation and therefor its very likely skewed the number. For many people, 'backing' something is a betting reference, and just about every betting man out there would likely want to have their money on the Storm at this point.

Hard to say how the Titans will go. On the one hand, the NRL is tripping over themselves to get a return on their investment here and needs them to succeed. On the other hand, they despise the game in Queensland aside from the revenue it generates for their shitty Sydney charity clubs.

My guess is they'll get a bit of help early on then get dudded in a game against one of the Sydney darling sides when it really counts, kind of like that run of Finals losses the Cowboys had in the early part of the last decade.

They won 19 straight and likely to win back to back comps after a turnover of 3 future immortals.

It's impressive as ****.
My opinion, and it's just mine, is they could not have built the side they have now without the aura they have, and the aura of Bellamy. The auras they have exist only because they cheated. So IMO they still benefit to this day from the cheating they did. So for me it's not that impressive. It's not an even playing field. If it was, would they have won 19 straight? I don't know but I doubt it.
Add to this all their dodgy tackling techniques, the fact they still believe they won the premierships, how little they bring to the comp.......**** the Storm. Never forget, never forgive.

Anyone but Penrith, even the storm. Sorry but I don’t like the idea they can hire tpj for less than a year to boost their shot at a trophy. It will be somewhat of a farce if they win it. Especially if he’s in the gf team.
I in contrast want them to win because of the farcical value. Imagine if TPJ is the difference in Penrith beating the Rabbitohs, Roosters or Manly! The outcry and tears will be delicious.

My opinion, and it's just mine, is they could not have built the side they have now without the aura they have, and the aura of Bellamy. The auras they have exist only because they cheated. So IMO they still benefit to this day from the cheating they did. So for me it's not that impressive. It's not an even playing field. If it was, would they have won 19 straight? I don't know but I doubt it.
Add to this all their dodgy tackling techniques, the fact they still believe they won the premierships, how little they bring to the comp.......**** the Storm. Never forget, never forgive.
It was a decade ago though.
Lol, when was the last time we won a minor premiership even.

There are benchmarks you aspire to, and the Broncos lost that mantle a long time ago. it's hard to accept the guy who got his start under our foundation coach is the one kicking everyones arses.

I want Manly to win anyway so hopefully they can upset the storm this week.

That's astoundingly skewed thinking! Melbourne have an aura because they're that fucking good. They were very very successful from day 1, they were like the Broncos in their fourth year but right from the outset. It's garbage to suggest anything other than the club ethos and training/coaching is responsible for the storm 'aura'.

That's astoundingly skewed thinking! Melbourne have an aura because they're that fucking good. They were very very successful from day 1, they were like the Broncos in their fourth year but right from the outset. It's garbage to suggest anything other than the club ethos and training/coaching is responsible for the storm 'aura'.
You get an aura form winning, and winning for a long period. Storm's cheating is a major contributing factor to an incredible 5 year period of success. I don't suggest it's the only reason, but to suggest it's not a factor at all is madness.

You get an aura form winning, and winning for a long period. Storm's cheating is a major contributing factor to an incredible 5 year period of success. I don't suggest it's the only reason, but to suggest it's not a factor at all is madness.
Obviously it's from winning, that was not mentioned simply because we both acknowledge the fact. The Storm built the aura before the cheating and if anything it must have tarnished or dimmed?

Obviously it's from winning, that was not mentioned simply because we both acknowledge the fact. The Storm built the aura before the cheating and if anything it must have tarnished or dimmed?
It really hasn't, as very few talk about it, and most that do, much like yourself, argue the cheating years have no positive impact on them anymore.
I don't agree. I strongly believe they benefit from the cheating still today and will continue to do so for a very long time. It's not my intent to convince anybody of this though. It's simply what I believe :)

I know I said manly earlier in the thread but souffs would be best result, I just think they’re next to no chance without Latrine

Unread

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Foordy
  • BroncosAlways
  • GCBRONCO
  • Xzei
  • The Strapper
  • broncsgoat
  • levikaden
  • Justwin
  • Strop
  • Fozz
  • Horseheadsup
  • Mighty Bronx
  • johnny plath
  • Allo
  • Browny
  • ChewThePhatt
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.