VOTE Now that the Broncos are out, who are you backing to win the 2021 premiership?

Now that the Broncos are out, who are you backing to win the 2021 premiership?

• Total voters
From the remaining teams:

Rabbitohs
Tommy Turbo
Having my eyes gouged out
Eels if somehow Moses was out
Roosters
Global Apocalypse
Storm
Universal Apocalypse
Panthers

Yes, I would prefer the Storm win than the Panthers, due to their smug arrogance and the NRL's gifting them dominance.
I'm with you, I despise the Storm and I know if Manly win I'll never hear the end of it from my brother in law but I will gladly take that to see the Panthers kicked right in the balls and denied a premiership.

From the remaining teams:

Rabbitohs
Tommy Turbo
Having my eyes gouged out
Eels if somehow Moses was out
Roosters
Global Apocalypse
Storm
Universal Apocalypse
Panthers

Yes, I would prefer the Storm win than the Panthers, due to their smug arrogance and the NRL's gifting them dominance.

Dunno how you can rate the Eels so highly after being smashed over and over again since 58-0. We still haven't got revenge on them, St George or Melbourne for massive finals thrashings.

At least the Panthers go easy on us.

I don't think its clear that Bellamy is a better club coach then Bennett. Imagine how much more successful we would have been if Wayne stayed with the Broncos instead of dragons/knights/souths.

While everyone keeps on harping on about Melbourne and roosters few wins over the last few years, we seem to have forgotten our 5 premierships in a 9 year period.
The premierships are one thing - the other is how consistently good melbourne has been under his tenure. I agree that Bellamys coaching resume would be enhanced tom brady style if he did it at another club.

However, he has kept a club in the hunt for a premiership for nearly 20years straight - I dont recall melbourne ever having any real down years. Bennett at his peak had some down years at Brisbane. Even the mighty Raiders had a down year in 92 during there run.

I cant think of another sporting competition with a salary cap* that has seen a club stay at the top for so long.

Also for me Bennett teams at there best have individuals playing at their peak, through motivation / happiness. Thats why you see him have success in big games and rep footy.

Bellamy at his peak has systems in place to make the very most out of scrub footballers (hence why you dont buy a half back croft - if your going to buy a melbourne player you want him to have been there for a long long time) make the most out of every footballer, in every game, in every play. Hence why you have such sustained success with him.

If I could have either of them back at the raiders, I would take Bellamy in a heartbeat. For the mighty blues I would take bennett in a heartbeat. Both sides would be near unstoppable at this point with those coaches (and a new half back for the raiders- maybe you guys could send us reynolds.).

I think Parra are the best chance of beating Melbourne. They’re far from the best team in the finals but I think they have the best chance of an upset specifically over Melbourne
Parra do have a bit of confidence going against melbourne this year.

That said you get the feeling parra went into those games as if they were their GF whilst melbourne were thinking we have to play that d bag moses again. In a prelim - I think melbourne would annihilate them much the same as they did to them a few years back in the finals.

The premierships are one thing - the other is how consistently good melbourne has been under his tenure. I agree that Bellamys coaching resume would be enhanced tom brady style if he did it at another club.

However, he has kept a club in the hunt for a premiership for nearly 20years straight - I dont recall melbourne ever having any real down years. Bennett at his peak had some down years at Brisbane. Even the mighty Raiders had a down year in 92 during there run.

I cant think of another sporting competition with a salary cap* that has seen a club stay at the top for so long.

Also for me Bennett teams at there best have individuals playing at their peak, through motivation / happiness. Thats why you see him have success in big games and rep footy.

Bellamy at his peak has systems in place to make the very most out of scrub footballers (hence why you dont buy a half back croft - if your going to buy a melbourne player you want him to have been there for a long long time) make the most out of every footballer, in every game, in every play. Hence why you have such sustained success with him.

If I could have either of them back at the raiders, I would take Bellamy in a heartbeat. For the mighty blues I would take bennett in a heartbeat. Both sides would be near unstoppable at this point with those coaches (and a new half back for the raiders- maybe you guys could send us reynolds.).

Correct! But as Melbourne have been proven to have cheated that cap for 5 consecutive years, and who knows how many more other undiscovered years, it just doesn't stand up - his record will forever be tarnished, and legitimacy questioned, and I for one will never acknowledge his record. I am prepared to admit that he has built a good system where people know their roles and average players can be better than they really are, but discussions of him being the greatest coach ever can go and get stuffed

Correct! But as Melbourne have been proven to have cheated that cap for 5 consecutive years, and who knows how many more other undiscovered years, it just doesn't stand up - his record will forever be tarnished, and legitimacy questioned, and I for one will never acknowledge his record. I am prepared to admit that he has built a good system where people know their roles and average players can be better than they really are, but discussions of him being the greatest coach ever can go and get stuffed
Yep. Something is just not right about the Storm. They have built an impressive management and recruiting machine for certain, and the coaching/exploiting of the rules is best in class.

For one... How about this idea.. Melbourne have experienced an incredible sustained run of success.. How come we don't have Victoria competing in the State of Origin!?

One day, all of the die-hard bronco fans will realise that we broke the mould with salary cap scandals, long before Melbourne even though about it.

Bit embarrassing.
You’re missing the point big time if you think that’s the only reason people despise the Storm.

Just let the season finish already. Give the trophy to Melbourne and let’s get in to the cricket season.

I don’t get too passionate about despising/hating anything tbh, much less ‘clubs’.
The fundamental way the Storm have played and continue to play the game goes against everything I stand for.

So there truly is no effort required at my end to despise them.

I guess I just have a categorical dislike for any organisation (not just sporting clubs) that cheats and lies their way to success, whilst showing absolutely no regard for the greater good.

I'm with you, I despise the Storm and I know if Manly win I'll never hear the end of it from my brother in law but I will gladly take that to see the Panthers kicked right in the balls and denied a premiership.
This sounds like an election. Voting against rather who you want to win...don't forget the preference vote, hate to see it go to the Panthers...

This sounds like an election. Voting against rather who you want to win...don't forget the preference vote, hate to see it go to the Panthers...
Yeah feels about as exciting as an election as well
Go Penrith Go! I dont feel so........
DistortedAnxiousBlowfish size restricted

From the remaining teams: 1. Rabbits (I feel sick typing this btw), 2. Manly (I also feel ill typing this), 3. Penrith

Considering the success the Victorian clubs have had in the NRL... why not a 2nd Melbourne team?
It would be another Queensland team player development wise anyway, two birds with one stone. Storm might not like it.......LETS GET IT DONE!

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Johnny92
  • Battler
  • Foordy
  • Maroon4life
  • BroncosAlways
  • Harry Sack
  • westy316
  • Xzei
  • Fitzy
  • FACTHUNT
  • Jedhead
  • broncsgoat
  • Sproj
  • MrTickyMcG
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.