NRL - 2019 Grand Final

Shit call and no doubt potentially changed the outcome but they had a lot of ball and couldn't convert.
JL could have put Rapana over but decided to do it himself then he was the one left behind when Keary went from dummy half. He actually put his hands in the air and got out of his way and at no stage looked up to see the play or try and chase.
Sometimes you need to look within.
I thought the Cronk binning was soft so they got that massive call and couldn't score against 12 players.

Does anyone know why the call was changed??? Who made the over call??

And JWH was told he’d get the Clive Churchill. Fucking amateur hour

I've only watched/heard it back a few times. But it looks like Cummins did it all himself, and the other bloke continued like he had no idea an issue had occurred. As soon as the was the hand over, Cummins buggered off and Wighton was left arguing it with a ref who seemed to have no idea that it had happened.

Last edited:
How does the voting even work if only 3 of them vote on it? How could Lockyer's vote change the winner?

How does the voting even work if only 3 of them vote on it? How could Lockyer's vote change the winner?

Maybe they get like 10 points each to distribute, and then when you tally it up the player with the most points win?

So, to give a basic example:

Meninga
JWH - 6 points
Wighton - 4 points

Daley
JWH - 6 points
Wighton - 4 points

Lockyer
Wighton - 6 points
Hodgson - 3 points
JWH - 1 point

I have no fucking idea but haha.

Here’s the play with just the refs talking. He’s called 6 to go then said, “Is it?”
What a clusterfuck.

I picked Wighton as my CC winner but how do 2 ex Raiders sit on the panel. The NRL has no fucking idea.

It was a double wrong call. I do feel for the Raiders as that was the turning point and i think the Rooster jumped on it.

It shouldn't have been 6 again in the first place, but to call it, then reverse it mid play is ridiculous.

So who is going to stop the Roosters next year?

Souffs? Don't see it.
Melbourne? Definitely not if Smith retires. Definitely not if they persist with Hughes in the halves.
Manly? Maybe if DCE and Turbo stay injury free.
Canberra again? Maybe, but they were riding hard on emotion, I have a feeling it'll be the case of 2015 to 2016 Broncos with them.
Broncos? Sharks? Eels? God no.

It'll probably be the Titans.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • RolledOates
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.