LIVE NRL 2020 Grand Final

We've gone through a rubbish 6 months here in Melbourne, good on the Storm but that was a horrible game at the end of a horrible season with a football code headed in a horrible direction.
I was wondering why you always go on about afl haha. It's like if anyone says they follow afl in Brisbane the first question I ask them is if they ever lived in Victoria. The answer is either yes or their parents are Victorian.

Reactions: gUt

BRC088

QCup Player
If I subjected any of my employees to the rot Bellamy does to his staff and players I'd be walked on the spot and probably personally sued..

Last edited:

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
I think Bellamy could see the Storm had gone away from the plan and went all ad lib and sideways because they thought they were safe. From where he was sitting he knew Penrith could still win if they kept turning over possession and also the ref was only sticking his arm up 1 way by that stage.

Big Pete

International Captain
Brisbane
What did you make of Papenhuyzen's performance Dex?

It seems like he's learned some restraint in his game. Last year he just seemed kick happy and would just turn the ball over with no sense of what his team mates were trying to build around him. There are still times where it looks like he runs around like a headless chook, bouncing out of tackles only to have to run back into the pack but he's clearly trending in the right direction.

Are you convinced he'll go onto become one of the greats of this generation, or did we just witness his peak?

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
What did you make of Papenhuyzen's performance Dex?

It seems like he's learned some restraint in his game. Last year he just seemed kick happy and would just turn the ball over with no sense of what his team mates were trying to build around him. There are still times where it looks like he runs around like a headless chook, bouncing out of tackles only to have to run back into the pack but he's clearly trending in the right direction.

Are you convinced he'll go onto become one of the greats of this generation, or did we just witness his peak?

Interesting you should say that BP. Last year I was telling anyone who would listen he was a kick happy speed merchant who would be sorted very quickly.

This year I am eating my words. As Jack Wighton did the year before, Papenhausen surprised the hell out of me going to a level I thought was beyond him. Not that I didn't think he couldn't play at that level but to maintain it over a season is something else.
His kicks are more selective and as much for team mates as for himself and he has developed a pass. His positioning has improved and he is in the game all the time ala last night when he jumped mtrs over the sideline to pull off a stunning play.

Can he improve ?? Not sure but I'm reluctant to say no.
He certainly seems to be learning and on an upward trend. I hope he does improve though, he entertains me.
He seems a decent bloke too and no lair in him which I like.

I though his first half performance last night was solid and safe but if he doesn't play that second half Melbourne lose IMO.
Worthy recipient of the CC and not just because I got him at $21.

The True King

QCup Player
The remarkable thing about Papenhouyzen's rise is that he basically Bradbury'd his way into the Storm #1 jersey.

There was a time that he was behind Slater, Drinkwater and Hughes, potentially Munster too. Instead of looking elsewhere he just kept his head down and waited his turn which came around sooner than most thought it would and then he grabbed it with both hands.

He is yet another player the that has made the Tigers retention policy look really stupid.

Alec

International Rep
The remarkable thing about Papenhouyzen's rise is that he basically Bradbury'd his way into the Storm #1 jersey.

There was a time that he was behind Slater, Drinkwater and Hughes, potentially Munster too. Instead of looking elsewhere he just kept his head down and waited his turn which came around sooner than most thought it would and then he grabbed it with both hands.

He is yet another player the that has made the Tigers retention policy look really stupid.
They should hire someone to do their review.
Keep: Good players
Let go: Not good players

vertigo

NRL Captain
Premiership #4 for Melbourne and it appears this could be a real end of an era for them. I think this was a fantastic final note for them to go out on.
I don't think Smith is retiring.

They'll probably go back to back just to knock the Roosters off their perch.

vertigo

NRL Captain
If I subjected any of my employees to the rot Bellamy does to his staff and players I'd be walked on the spot and probably personally sued..
The people who can't hack it leave.

And they don't achieve anywhere near the success they do at the Storm.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markrobert123

Twitter