NEWS NRL 2022 is go

I'd say we will be running something like this:

Backs leader: Staggs
Spine / Team leader: Reynolds
Starting Front-Row leader: Haas
Starting Back-Row leader: Capewell
Bench leader: James
Oh sprojy! A short list? Gee things are changing round these parts.

I'd say we will be running something like this:

Backs leader: Staggs
Spine / Team leader: Reynolds
Starting Front-Row leader: Haas
Starting Back-Row leader: Capewell
Bench leader: James
So a leadership group. How very Seibold.

Here's mine:

Captain: Reynolds.

No vice captain until the games with Carrigan and Haas are settled.

The RLPA, like the Broncos, is now taking advice from BHQ. Following the mass outcry from one unnamed BHQ member, the RLPA is asking the NRL to BTFO with the massive fines being handed out to players. Apparently fines went up 500% last season and they've had a complete and utter gutful of it.

And no wonder.

They've also urged the NRL not to bring in any more stupid fucking rules, but to keep the six-again, and to revert to penalties for deliberate infringements inside the defending team’s 20m zone, on tackle one or tackle two.

Cherry-Evans even suggested bringing back the scrum when the ball goes into touch. He reckons when they switched to the play-the-balls, it fucked up their chance to put on a show in broken play.

RLPA player operations manager Tom Symonds:

“It was a positive meeting. I think it was an open forum to put our views on the table so in that sense it was pretty positive. It is pretty much a consensus that not too much more change is needed on the rules. If you ask the coaches and even the NRL, you get a sense that they are thinking enough has gone on and we need to give it a chance to breathe.”

McHunt

If you ask the coaches and even the NRL, you get a sense that they are thinking enough has gone on and we need to give it a chance to breathe.”
In other words nobody likes the new rules and wants us to stop fucking with them.

In other words nobody likes the new rules and wants us to stop fucking with them.
Part of the reason the on field fines went up is they're in lieu of longer suspensions that can knock players out of rep games and finals. The catch is the kind of players who make rep teams are generally paid more. The younger, lower paid players are the ones being hit hardest.

The genie's out of the bottle on dangerous contact. I don't think that's ever going back in. They're okay with policing the ruck with the 6-again rules but they want to crack down on teams like Melbourne gaming the system by deliberately infringing early. Hence the suggestion to bring back penalties for the first two counts.

Part of the reason the on field fines went up is they're in lieu of longer suspensions that can knock players out of rep games and finals. The catch is the kind of players who make rep teams are generally paid more. The younger, lower paid players are the ones being hit hardest.

The genie's out of the bottle on dangerous contact. I don't think that's ever going back in. They're okay with policing the ruck with the 6-again rules but they want to crack down on teams like Melbourne gaming the system by deliberately infringing early. Hence the suggestion to bring back penalties for the first two counts.
It’s funny isn’t it, pretty much everyone said on this forum that’s certain teams would take advantage of these new rules, it was obvious what teams would do early in the count, But noooooo, not to the dudes getting paid a butt load of cash to make the important calls. Honestly the incompetence is ground breaking.

also are we getting the second ref back? It’s clear as day one ref can’t get it done, not when you’re dealing with professionals that push the envelope on every single rule. ✅ that off as a dumb decision too.

So a leadership group. How very Seibold.

Here's mine:

Captain: Reynolds.

No vice captain until the games with Carrigan and Haas are settled.
Heaps of clubs do it. Ivan did it at the Panthers many years ago when he signed a bunch of older guys and they went from missing finals 3 years in a row to top 4.

Heaps of clubs do it. Ivan did it at the Panthers many years ago when he signed a bunch of older guys and they went from missing finals 3 years in a row to top 4.
I'd go out on a limb and say every team does it. Every team in the AFL too, and I'm sure other sports as well.

I have an issue with the language used. By using terms like breathe and settle it’s a passive way of suggesting the current rules need to have time for people to forget how terrible they are.

The rules simply need to be rolled back. They don’t need time to breathe. They need to be nuked from the solar system

Smooth

FEyRrF UcAQe8Sl

Active Now

• Astro
  • Mighty Bronx
  • cento
  • Broncosgirl
  • Aldo
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Pablo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • ell.d33
  • Sproj
  • Xzei
  • Dash
  • Wild Horse
  • Behold
  • BooKhaki
  • Morkel
  • broncoscope
  • Allo
  • Fitzy
  • achievedrap
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.