NOT CROSS FORUM NRL 2022 Round 10 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever happened to the power rankings on NRL.com? What actually happened to Soward? Did he get let go?

Maybe we can have a go at it ourselves (any excuse for a list obviously):

1. Panthers
2. Storm
3. Cowboys
4. Broncos

5. Roosters
6. Eels

7. Sharks
8. Rabbits
9. Sea Eagles

10. Tigers
11. Raiders
12. Warriors
13. Dragons
14. Knights
15. Titans

16. Bulldogs

Fair?
I think broncos at 4 is ambitious. I'd put roosters and eels higher. Eels have beaten Penrith which was an impressive win, and roosters then beat eels tonight.

Fox Sports.com.au does power rankings, but they are terrible.

I think broncos at 4 is ambitious. I'd put roosters and eels higher. Eels have beaten Penrith which was an impressive win, and roosters then beat eels tonight.

Fox Sports.com.au does power rankings, but they are terrible.
Eels have lost 3 of there last 5… Chooks lost to the dogs, 2 weeks ago which is unforgivable for mine. We are 4 on the trot and have beaten Sharks when they were inform, Rabbitohs in a huge game without our best middle and second rower and Manly. Power Rankings isn’t a matter of who you think is more likely to win the premiership it is who is in the most form. We have won 4 on the trot they haven’t with some pretty scratchy losses on their recent record. For mine we are in front of them on a power rankings.

Eels have lost 3 of there last 5… Chooks lost to the dogs, 2 weeks ago which is unforgivable for mine. We are 4 on the trot and have beaten Sharks when they were inform, Rabbitohs in a huge game without our best middle and second rower and Manly. Power Rankings isn’t a matter of who you think is more likely to win the premiership it is who is in the most form. We have won 4 on the trot they haven’t with some pretty scratchy losses on their recent record. For mine we are in front of them on a power rankings.
Eels have beaten Melbourne and Penrith, both wins were very impressive, right now I'd place them 3rd as premiership favourites.

On form, I'd have us above them in the power rankings though.

Eels have beaten Melbourne and Penrith, both wins were very impressive, right now I'd place them 3rd as premiership favourites.

On form, I'd have us above them in the power rankings though.

Agreed. At present, if there is one team other than Melbourne or Penrith that can win it, you'd go with Parra but that doesn't mean they are going that well.

The rule book specifically states

When affecting a tackle on a kicker, the defender must make a genuine attempt a tackle which is not:
1. Late
2. High or
3. Dangerous

That's not the rule I was referring to, because he's not affecting or attempting a tackle on the kicker. But upon double checking, you are right. I was wrong. My bad.

[st_table="45%"][st_tr][st_td_row="2"]
801.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]SeaEagleRock8 - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 7, 2009
[/st_td][/st_tr][/st_table]
8423.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Sproj - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .September 5, 2013

Whatever happened to the power rankings on NRL.com? What actually happened to Soward? Did he get let go?

1. Panthers
2. Storm
3. Cowboys
4. Broncos

5. Roosters
6. Eels

7. Sharks
8. Rabbits
9. Sea Eagles

10. Tigers
11. Raiders
12. Warriors
13. Dragons
14. Knights
15. Titans

16. Bulldogs

Fair?

I'd put the Dolphins at 16 and Dogs back to 17th.

Link - http://silvertails.net/tipping-competition/

On the Fox Sports website.

We're at #5 currently behind Storm, Sharks, Panthers and Cowboys. Pretty sure Soward stopped doing them because of his coaching duties.

[/st_td_row][st_td]Eagle 1 - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .August 2, 2021
I bet Fitzgibbon wont put Nicho Hynes at fullback again, he's been killing it at 5/8. Anyway he's still on his L plates, I'll cut him a bit of slack.

Bulldogs officials having an emergency meeting to discuss their poor performances and the future of Trent Barrett.

He's as good as gone. Powerbrokers are getting frustrated and so are the members. While Gould has been throwing his support behind Barrett, Bulldogs are a members run club.

Even if he survives this meeting which I doubt he will, if their form doesn't change starting from next week, he's gone.

Not only that, but there's rumours going around that some of their prized recruits want out.

I do kind of feel sorry for Barrett, he does know his stuff. He's not a dumb guy, he knows the game, but he's just not head coach material.

IMO he would be much better off sticking to assistant roles. He would have more success doing that.

1. Panthers
2. Storm
3. Cowboys
4. Broncos

5. Roosters
6. Eels

7. Sharks
8. Rabbits
9. Sea Eagles

10. Tigers
11. Raiders
12. Warriors
13. Dragons
14. Knights
15. Titans

16. Bulldogs

Fair?

Fox Sports website does power rankings

That's good news for the Bulldogs.

Barrett had two years in a quality system to improve his skills as a coach and he couldn't apply them at the Bulldogs. The biggest issue Trent had was his inability to instill confidence in his players. Barrett went out of his way to head a big recruitment spree and at the first sign of trouble he made significant changes to the team composition.

Instead of serving the players, he blamed them and dropped them all in a desperate bid to come up with the right combination. If the coach is completely lost, what hope are his charges?

Even after another recruitment drive, the Bulldogs looked completely lost for direction so it's time for them to find somebody who knows what they're doing.

Yep that side just hasn’t improved at all, he needs to go. If anything, they’ve gotten worse.

Because the only hard team they've played was Eels in 99% humidity in Darwin.

They've played in NSW once... against a garbage Canberra team that led by 18 point before falling in a heap.

But never fear... they play Melbourne next week (in Townsville of course), but then have to head to Panthers.

I'm hoping and praying they concede 160pts over the next two weeks 🙏🙏🙏

And of course the NSWRL darlings only have to play Melbourne once this year... and never have to travel to Melbourne... jeez they get lucky 🙄🙄🙄

Man I just looked at their draw.

It’s disgustingly easy

They've gone:

Dogs (H)
Raiders (H)
Brisbane (A)
Roosters (H)
Warriors (A - being Redcliffe)
Raiders (A)
Titans (H)
Eels (A -Darwin so really home game)
Knights (H)
Tigers (A - Suncorp)

To come:
Storm (H)
Panthers (A)
Titans (A)
Dragons (H)
Manly (A)
Broncos (H)
Bye
Sharks (H)
Tigers (H)
Dragons (A)
Bulldogs (A)
Roosters (A)
Warriors (H)
Rabbitohs (A)
Penrith (H)

we have Penrith, Storm and Eels twice and Tigers and Raiders only once. Cows have Storm (who are currently under strength) once at home, first game vs Penrith I’m pretty sure will be Origin affected and a final round 2nd game v Penrith at home who could likely rest players if the game doesn’t matter. Also only have Eels once up in their climate.

It’s disgustingly easy

They've gone:

Dogs (H)
Raiders (H)
Brisbane (A)
Roosters (H)
Raiders (A)
Titans (H)
Knights (H)
Tigers (A - Suncorp)

To come:
Storm (H)
Panthers (A)
Titans (A)
Dragons (H)
Manly (A)
Broncos (H)
Bye
Sharks (H)
Tigers (H)
Dragons (A)
Bulldogs (A)
Roosters (A)
Warriors (H)
Rabbitohs (A)
Penrith (H)

we have Penrith, Storm and Eels twice and Tigers and Raiders only once. Cows have Storm (who are currently under strength) once at home, first game vs Penrith I’m pretty sure will be Origin affected and a final round 2nd game v Penrith at home who could likely rest players if the game doesn’t matter. Also only have Eels once up in their climate.
That away game against the dogs is also in Bundaberg... so basically another home game.

The Panthers game wont be origin affected though... Round 13 is the origin affected round so Titans.

Why they would have a QLD derby being the origin affected game I have no idea

It’s disgustingly easy

They've gone:

Dogs (H)
Raiders (H)
Brisbane (A)
Roosters (H)
Raiders (A)
Titans (H)
Knights (H)
Tigers (A - Suncorp)

To come:
Storm (H)
Panthers (A)
Titans (A)
Dragons (H)
Manly (A)
Broncos (H)
Bye
Sharks (H)
Tigers (H)
Dragons (A)
Bulldogs (A)
Roosters (A)
Warriors (H)
Rabbitohs (A)
Penrith (H)

Is it the ideal preparation for a hard fought semis campaign? And will their resilience levels be lacking when push comes to shove in a major finals game? I doubt it. The only true way to handle pressure, challenges to your fitness/stamina/endurance and ability to stare down adversity is to experience it as a team and conquer it.

This sort of season long pampering only creates a soft inner core. They're more than welcome to it.

The good thing for the Cows is that a soft draw builds confidence and confidence really is 90% of a win.

The other thing is there are like 3 and a half good teams in the comp at the minute so if you are a confident team, you can easily be that next level down and fake it til you make it up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • Harry Sack
  • sooticus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.